Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 5

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member

Dinner 01/30/2012

Primal Fuel
    Hi Anna!
    Dinner tonight was roasted chicken from a few days ago and asparagus. My wife is actually noticing my weight loss and is becoming more interested. She thinks we are possibly saving money with me eating this way, as I am eating only one big meal a day and a "snack" of a couple of pieces of chicken in this case. I walked every neighborhood in our tract today (about an hour). I missed the walk yesterday and am really feeling it today.

Have a great week for everybody!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Dinner 01/31/2012

I didn't feel hungry all day after having an awesome bulletpro0f c0ffee. I intentionally put a zero in the spelling so that the bulletpro0f execut*ve likely won't be able to search and put in another commercial for his products. Not in MY posts. I gave him a link when I posted and then he puts in a 3/4 page advertisement? Thanks.

For dinner I made us some beef short ribs and a salad with cucumbers (left over from making pickles this morning)!

Happy days, y'all!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

02/02/12

Hi all!
    I started today with a Bulletpro0f C0ffee. I had lunch with my beautiful wife (I had a chicken taco salad, hold the beans, skip the flour tortilla shell). She ate some "fewd", (not real food)!
    For dinner she and I had grass fed Top Round Sirloin (Farmer's Market, Los Angeles) and salad. What a good cut of meat! Worth the $16 we paid for it on Sunday.

Tomorrow morning, I'm going to make Scottish Eggs (yes I know their called Scotch eggs, but I'm Scottish and we would nae call 'em that! They're Scottish like us!)
    I think they'll be FANTASTIC!

02/03/2012

Today was "Donuts with Dad" at my little girl's school. I had a half of a banana and coffee. Easy!

As I have stated: I don't eat that. (not) I don't eat that anymore.

I made Scottish eggs, started out frying them, then decided to bake them.
    They came out good, but with half an hour at 400 in the oven, the yolks were kind of dry. Next time, soft-boiled eggs for the centers.

nikko is offline Member
    Hey Charlie,

Sounds like your doing well, nice one. I also am having a snack during the day - today was 3 hard boiled eggs, with a main meal in the evening.

I still have not got over the craving for a beer or three on the way home from work but I'm hanging in there. I also need to up the walking a bit like yourself.

Good luck with it Charlie,

Nick

02/06/2012 08:37

Quote Originally Posted by nikko View Post
    Hey Charlie,

Sounds like your doing well, nice one. I also am having a snack during the day - today was 3 hard boiled eggs, with a main meal in the evening.

I still have not got over the craving for a beer or three on the way home from work but I'm hanging in there. I also need to up the walking a bit like yourself.

Good luck with it Charlie,

Nick
    Hi Nick!
    Yeah, the beer is hard to kick. While I'm in weight loss mode, I have given beer the boot. It IS tough!
    Good luck brother!

02/06/2012 15:15

Hi all!
    I'm down another 2 lbs!
    I'm moving in the right direction. I am eating dinner at a long time client's house tonight, so this may be a challenge.
    Good luck to us all!

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Charlie, I was just reading through your journal and it seems all is going well for you. But now for important matters. the kettlebell with the face you have for your picture, I MUST HAVE ONE(I'm kind of a kettlebell junkie). You have to tell me where you got it.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Kettlebell Junkie

Hi Skink!
    HAH!
    Yeah, to the important matters! LOL.
    The kettlebell is from www.demonbells.com
    They're pretty pricey and I want one too!

Have you heard any of the Latest in Paleo podcasts?
    I saw that podcast while looking for another one on a totally different subject, got hooked, and referred to THIS site.

Good luck to us all!
    -C
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 02-07-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi everyone!
    I ate at a long time client's house last night, it wasn't paleo, but it wasn't too terrible: Crock-potted chicken and veggies over egg noodles, a little lettuce salad with a sweet oriental dressing (God knows what was in that, sugar certainly). Pretty good over all. Today I'm doing primal movements while barbecuing (slow cooking, lots of hickory smoke) some chuck roast all day. After a bit, I'll take a long walk (hopefully before the rain starts).

Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 02-07-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast