Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 4

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi Cori,
    This is really going well for me. I'm not a big fan of the veggies, but I'm getting better at it.
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Nice, Anna!
    That sounds delicious!
    I really haven't had a sugar crave moment yet, but I'm sure it's coming.
    I surprised my wife with lunch at her job today. I brought in 2 chicken taco salads (with no beans, of course) from a local place. She was quite happily surprised! I completely ignored the flour tortilla shell, it's only "fewd" and not real food.
    I tried to find a drugstore that has a scale I can weigh myself for a nickel or so, and the one I was thinking of was gone. Replaced by CVS.
    I'll check a couple of others, hopefully tomorrow.
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

January 20, 2012 (Day 12)

Wow!
    I'm spending this week running around, getting finances in order! It's a good thing I made enough of those bacon wrapped drumsticks that I can take some with me.

I had a BIG omelet for Brunch (10:30 AM) yesterday (5 eggs, 4 bacon), almost deep frying in bacon fat. It came out awesome! I was satiated until 10 PM. Then a handful of almonds. No veggies yesterday, more than likely today. I will attempt Brussels Sprouts in EVOO.

Wife bought us a scale yesterday ($20). She is starting to get convinced! Her girlfriend told her about seeing Dr. Oz (on TV) talking about coconut oil, how he spreads it on his toast, puts it in his coffee, etcetera, and how we burn natural fats as fuel.
    Um... YEAH!

Good luck to us all!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 01-20-2012 at 09:49 AM.

I attempted to grill some Brussels sprouts in bacon fat. They are alright, if you like Brussels sprouts. I like the idea if them, but not the actual vegetable. Even drenched in bacon, just too much veggie. I'll attempt more veggies to find SOMETHING I like.

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Hey Charlie,

Try these veggie options:
    Green beans (steamed) tossed in bacon bits and bacon fat (add onions to the pan with the bacon to get some caramelized onions mixed in).
    Portobello mushrooms stuffed with fried pancetta, chopped red bell pepper, rosemary, olive oil and topped with some parmesan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or so.
    I stir fry my brussel sprouts in a wok to get a nice brown burn on them. I use sesame oil and add some sriracha (or any other hot sauce in my fridge) - yummy!
    Acorn squash: half the squash, scoop out the seeds and lather with butter. Bake at 400 for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, using a brush to coat the flesh with the melted butter that will accumulate in the middle. You can spoon the meat right out of the shell - it's fun and delicious.

Have a good week!
    Anna
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Sriracha is frikin' FLAMING HOT!
    What's wrong with you???
    LOL, JK! <3
    My wife has a terrific recipe for butternut squash soup that she has been making the last couple of months. I'll dig it up.
    Hey, guess what? I'm down another 4 pounds, even with boozin' with my neighbor the night after I got laid off! I have been walking every day except for today (rain you know), but will make it a tough one tomorrow. One good thing about living in the foothills: You can have as easy or as hard of a walk/hike as you like!
    I get to drive to Simi in the morning to turn in some paperwork, but will have a few hard-boiled eggs with me for the ride both ways. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this. One exception, I am way too heavy to get the pull-ups thing working right now. I just hang and stretchingly crack my shoulders. I keep trying though. OH! I got a "Iron Gym" pull-up bar for $20 at Walgreens! It fits in a doorway, and comes with a load of ridiculous $h*t, er I mean "exercises" that "anyone" can do. I mean really, does anyone use that thing for doing dips and push-ups? Come on! Even I can see that you can't get any movement on that!
    Blab later, putting kids down time.

Hi Anna (and everyone else too!)
    Here's the link for the Butternut Squash Soup
    It's REALLY delicious!
    Of course, you can make the substitutions for chicken soup stock with free-range stuff, etc.

Today, I'm fasting until probably dinner. I got plenty of sleep last night and was still full in the morning up until now (3:30P). I made up a saute' with mushrooms, a shallot, thyme, butter, and 3/4 cup of merlot!
    I'll pour the whole mess over a couple of steaks I picked up from Stater Bros. They were cheaper per lb. than chuck roast! Heck yeah I'm getting those!
    Talk Later,
    -C

Sunday Breakfast

Breakfast Sunday, January 29, 2012 10:00AM
    I made an omelet with bacon, 5 eggs, and asparagus.

That should hold me for a while.

Whoo hoo!
    I'm down another 5 lbs!
    I fried up a pound of bacon for the kiddos breakfasts and put a couple of slices in their lunches. That should go over well. :-)

This lifestyle is really working out for me. I'm not always thinking about what I'm going to eat next!

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Congrats, Charlie! The bad body fat is just running away the more bacon fat you consume - haha I love it! I'm tinkering with IF here and there and skip breakfast abd have lunch at 1pm and dinner at 6pm so I have a reduced eating window. So far I haven't been able to just do one meal in a day though. O think that may be because I have a relatively small stomach so the most I could eat for breakfast is a 3-egg omelet with a little meat and veggies in it. That's just not enough for the whole day. However, that may change and I might get there. Or I'll just have to do one meal and a snack and see how that works for me.

Have a wonderful week!
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast