Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Just starting out page 37

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well folks, it's workout day and fasting day. I helped my wife's uncle with his computer yesterday, and of course wife's aunt HAD to feed me with pinto beans (meh), homemade kefir cheese (yum), kalamata olives, kale (bleah, not a fan), tomatoes & Pace salsa. A good lunch overall, but I need a fast.

I'll attempt to get a good walk in today, but it's somewhat unlikely.

Good for now

Cheers!

P.S. Wow, I really need to update my footer!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Hi All!
    I'm doing a quick post today.
    My main client called me back to manage the IT setup for his new factory in Valencia. I'm doing 30+ hours weekly for the past couple of weeks, and NOT getting enough sleep (probably). Stress is up there too. I think civilization may be overrated.
    I'm NOT weighing myself, as there is little point right now. I was made an offer in February for the IT Manager position for this company, supporting their sister company in Kansas. I was offered $1,000 more per year than I made my FIRST year in IT. A lowball offer for sure. Conferring with my wife, she says that if it's offered again, I should take it. I think only if there's some profit-sharing offered as well.

Wife has been in the throes of losing her teaching job (33 years, with the same County Office (grade school-middle school special education kids), but now has another position lined up with a school district. There will be a BIG change to our health benefits, and income. No stress at our house at all!

Well, enough whining for now.
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Hi all!
    Just a quick post. I'm walking again! I've been avoiding it at the end of my day, but figure I can get a good walk in the mornings! Wife is home with the kiddos for the remainder of summer, so that means I can leave early to avoid traffic, and have a walk when I get there.

I've been busy as heck, mostly with the drive to Valencia from Glendora and back, time spent at the factory, not enough sleep, too much booze, and plenty of stress.

Things are looking... Okay.
    Cheers!

Hi all!
    Well, I've quit boozing, at least for now.
    It wasn't tasting strong anymore, and I finished half a bottle of 80 proof tequila on Friday afternoon/evening, over the course of 5-6 hours. Not good.
    I drank the rest of the bottle over the rest of the weekend. That's a pretty good indicator that I need to quit, or at least make it WAAAY more infrequent (once a month or less). For now, I'm off it entirely.

I kayaked with 2 of my 3 kiddos yesterday in Los Alamitos (Naples Canal), and my arms felt it. My little girl was in the front "helping Daddy paddle", but of course putting hers in the water to help slow down my efforts. My younger son was in his own kayak, whining like teenagers do.

After getting home, I took a quick hike to Michael D. Antonovich Trail in San Dimas (11 minutes from home), and getting home just after dark. That's not the place you want to be WHEN it's dark, as there are coyotes. I saw one last week at dark. I don't want to again. Where there's one, there's more. It's like seeing a police car, I always think: "Where's the other one?"

Fasting today, with just black espresso in my gut.
    Good for now.

Cheers!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well folks, it's been a little while. My business is doing well (but of course, not as well as the wife wants). I'm doing 20 hours a week with one client, and some other intermittent work, as well as dropping kiddos off and picking up in the afternoons. It's a bit risky, having "one main client", I know.
    I'm trying to make it a point (yoiks, I almost wrote "pint"!) to walk daily, for at least 20 minutes.

I discovered something about myself yesterday, with rum... It's like a time-bomb with me. I'll take a drink, feel a little buzz, have another an hour later... continue the buzz, then 6 hours later I'm incredibly drunk! That's WAY too unpredictable for me. Stopping now.

As for the rest, we're good for now.
    Cheers!

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637