Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 36

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi Friends!
    I haven't posted in awhile. I've been flat for the weight loss (still a size 38" waist and large shirt for the last 6 months, but hopeful). Still boozing too much, not exercising enough, and worrying too much. I've been trying to find W2 employment AND get my Office Automation consultancy off the ground, and it's been a real bear. Dog help me! (I think we may have the God's name wrong, dogs are so much more awesome than we are!)
    The wife's been ignoring me, and it's not a good thing. I think I may SMELL wrong to her now. It's well documented that a lady cannot mate with someone that there's no chemical/pheremone connection with. I may smell wrong to her due to the Paleo/Primal eating habits that I've developed. I'm hoping my marriage is not a casualty. On the other hand, no one ever had a "happy" marriage that was broken up. There's always enough heartburn to go around.

Hanging in there for now,

-C
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 05-19-2014 at 10:45 PM.
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Damn PC, I hope all turns around for you. It sounds like you have quite a bit of stress with getting a business off the ground, looking for work, and issues on the wife front. Stress might be the limiting factor at the moment. Obviously not an easy fix but hang in there brother.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Damn PC, I hope all turns around for you. It sounds like you have quite a bit of stress with getting a business off the ground, looking for work, and issues on the wife front. Stress might be the limiting factor at the moment. Obviously not an easy fix but hang in there brother.
    Thanks Bacon Brother!
    I agree that stress may be what's flattened out the weight loss. Wife's currently approaching menopause, and that can't be fun. I'm dealing with an uneven return: My resume shows 18 years experience in Information Technology. Employers immediately do the math: Old guy, wants a lot of money. I've put forth hundreds of resumes and applications in the last 20 months, and had only 5 interviews (3 of them were to sell insurance or other financial products). So 2 interviews in my field. Yeah. It's bad. Given that, the risk level for starting a business is currently at zero.

On the positive side, my ex-boss (employed with him for 14 years) invited me to meet some people at his golf club next week. We're going to walk for an hour or so there, then head to lunch (Paleo-style chicken salad for me, no dressing). I really need a haircut.

Thanks for the prayers, concern, positive thoughts and good energy!

Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Darling Charlie - HUGE HUGS from across the waves........
    Hang in there man, good things come to those who wait
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Hangin' In

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Darling Charlie - HUGE HUGS from across the waves........
    Hang in there man, good things come to those who wait
    G x
    Hi NZ Lady!
    I'm hangin' in, and it's rough, but I'm educated and talented. I'm making it a point to go around to all the businesses in town and let them know that technology help is available. I got a tip from a friend that did consulting and he says to find out where new leases are being set up, and offer your services there. Darn good advise!

Thanks for the huge hugs and positive energy, I really appreciate it!
    Cheers!

Hi All!
    I'm back, and back for good. I hope things are well with you all and your familes. It seems that at least weekly, some friend or acquaintance is having some major surgery or other life issue. I and the family are well, and recently i finished a 6-month contract that had increased my business by 1000%. It’s not really that impressive from 8 hours/month up to 80, and now back down to 8, ready to take on more work! It’s getting much harder for folks my age and older to get regular W2 employment, which was my main reason to start consulting.

My wife is approaching menopause with the grace of a drunken elephant, which isn't fun for her or anyone else. She's also in the throes of losing her job (Special Education Teacher), and interviewing for positions much further away from home.

No stress at our house!

On the Paleo/Primal side, the weight loss has been mostly flat with an additional 20 lbs. Loss of sleep over the whole situation, with some boozing thrown in. I've recently added sprints and fasting back into my routine, hoping for a kick-start!

After fasting yesterday, for breakfast/lunch today I had bacon & a 4 egg bacon grease & pork chorizo scramble. I'll get a walk in later (after it cools down, holy snikes it's 102F, and it's barely the middle of May)!

Good luck to us all!
    Cheers

bullymama is offline Senior Member
    Hi Charlie,

yes it IS hot here! I'm not too far from you, in Pasadena.

Just wanted to stop by and say "hello"!

_bear is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullymama View Post
    Hi Charlie,

yes it IS hot here! I'm not too far from you, in Pasadena.

Just wanted to stop by and say "hello"!
    Too hot, I would say; and I'm on the coast!

Hi BullyMama!
    Yeppo, low 100's in the SG Valley.
    All this and a $523 car repair bill today. Whoo hoo! Happy times for all!

Quote Originally Posted by _bear View Post
    Too hot, I would say; and I'm on the coast!
    Yeah, unseasonably hot and us without enough rain!
    It's likely to be a BAD summer.

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast