Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 35

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    No real meat???!!!
    Not harsh enough!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo Charlie View Post
    No real meat???!!!
    Not harsh enough!
    words of truth, my brother, words of truth.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo Charlie View Post
    Hi All!
    Still super busy, but looking to flatten that out on the wife's last day of working summer school. I still can't string two thoughts together, but I'm trying. Still weighing flat and no wonder: I've been boozing a lot, and interrupting the burn. I've also not been walking as much as usual. Life goes on!

I'll be driving my parents to Los Angeles tomorrow for my mother's new problem: Anal Cancer. The radiation for her breast cancer went really well, and now there's this new issue. My father is very pessimistic (realistic?) about it. He thinks because there were two random tests (mammogram and colonoscopy) that turned out 100% cancerous, that she's got it everywhere. That's a pretty small data sample.

We'll see.
    Good for now.
    Cheers!
    Sorry to hear about your Mum Charlie. I hope the news is not all bad but it sure doesn't sound too good.

You are doing really well, I see, almost 100lbs lost. Congratulations!
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Charlie - Gwamma has you guys in her positive thoughts. All the very best for Mum......huge hugs x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Hi Friends!
    My mother has a small tumor in her bum that's growing slowly. She has decided that since she's old (77) and her family doesn't live to be really old (early 80's) that she doesn't want chemo and radiation treatments for that. She can only sit, with her degenerating discs in her back, can barely make it to the restroom in time (multiple times a day), and can only sleep on one side, so no chemo and radiation. Her bum would be as red and swollen as a baboon's!

Surgery is out because she has congestive heart failure and would likely die on the table. She's going to opt for better eating, going to her exercise class, and enjoying what life she has left.

She has another sigmoidoscopy scheduled for today to check her lymph nodes and see what's going on.

Thanks for the positive energy, prayers and good thoughts!
    They are all very much appreciated!

Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your Mum Charlie. I hope the news is not all bad but it sure doesn't sound too good.

You are doing really well, I see, almost 100lbs lost. Congratulations!
    Hi Odille,
    Long time no hear!

No, it doesn't sound good but I think it's a sane choice to forgo chemo and radiation. Sane people know when to say ENOUGH!

Almost 100lbs, but not quite there yet. I've been for the better part of three months FLAT! I haven't been exercising nearly enough, or getting enough sleep. I've also been boozing more lately, but I've stopped that for this week, just to see.

I hope things are well for you Odille! I haven't heard from you in such a long time!
    Don't be a stranger (you certainly can't be stranger than me!)

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Charlie - Gwamma has you guys in her positive thoughts. All the very best for Mum......huge hugs x
    Hi G!
    Thanks for the hugs and positivity!
    We're getting there!

I hope things are going well for you too!

Cheers!

I just heard Latest in Paleo episode 74: House of Experiments. In it they mention several "health hacks" (something that works, but is not sustainable as a lifestyle). One was to eat potatoes for a week, to drop 10 lbs. I've been interested in eating the occasional potato, to help kick start the weight loss. I think I'll pick up a bag of tubers at Sam's later today, and attempt it next week. I've been weighing FLAT for the last 3 months and need a break-out.

Cheers!

Hi Friends!
    I've also decided to forgo the boozing [cry].
    When whiskey just doesn't taste STRONG anymore, it's time to stop for a while.

Good for now.

Cheers!

On vacation in Big Bear. Just a change of scenery. It should be interesting to see if there's anything for me to eat at all the restaurants we're likely to stop at. We first had a late lunch at Maggio's Italian Restaurant. I ordered a family size antipasto salad and was very sparing on the Italian dressing. The family all had a serving, and I ate the rest while they had pizza. Good so far. I've gotten 3.5 hours of low level exercise (hiking/walking) in this week. Hopefully I can bring it up to ~5 hours in the next 48 hours.

Good for now!
    Cheers!

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast