Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 33

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well folks, I'm in the waiting room with my parents, waiting for her to get her tattoo so she can get irradiated. Lots of waiting. We got to meet the shuttle driver and some of the folks that she will be riding with. One sweet black lady was a real hoot! Nice folks all!
    On the Paleo/Primal side, I'm fasting today, but will eat after preparing a client's report, the usual deal.
    I got a pretty good hike in yesterday, but have been sitting too much today. I'm likely to take a few short walks just to keep moving.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 04-03-2013 at 05:41 PM.
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Hi All!
    Fasting today, and getting plenty of slow movements in, helping wife clean up the house a bit.
    I'm going to also attempt to get at least 1 of my 3 kiddos out on a hike on Michael Antonovich trail, near here.
    I weighed on Tuesday morning, down a pound and a half, but suspect it may be back from eating at a client's house on Tuesday, and getting really drunk on Thursday night (tequila: good but not my normal drink). Neighbor and I darn near killed the whole bottle. Wife of course was ANGRY!

I'll take it easy for a while and keep her calmed. Hopefully.

Anyway, it's a good day so far. I'm going to try to patch (shoe goo) my Vibrams with the holes, make street/sidewalk walking shoes of those and keep my new ones for the trail hikes.

Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Hi all!
    I just weighed and I'm up by half a pound. I'm surprised that it's not more, given that I've been light on the slow movements for the last week (the family had a week off for spring break) and I had plenty of non-Paleo/Primal foods at my client dinner. I had sardines and salad for dinner on Monday of this week after fasting all day, (no, not in the same dish but I'm intrigued...). Tuesday, I ate a big chunk of pork shoulder that I had cooking all day (215 degrees F, > 6 hours). Today, who knows. I'm of course fasting during the daylight hours, and will likely have some of that pork on a salad tonight.
    Cheers!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    hiya Charlie - don't stress the wee things !!!!!! I have put on 5kg over christmas/new year and do you think that I can budge !!!!!!!! according to my BMI chart...................... I am too short !!!!!! hahahahahahahaha
    keep at it my boy
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    hiya Charlie - don't stress the wee things !!!!!! I have put on 5kg over christmas/new year and do you think that I can budge !!!!!!!! according to my BMI chart...................... I am too short !!!!!! hahahahahahahaha
    keep at it my boy
    G x
    Hi G!
    Yeah, stressing isn't worth it. Stress also screws up the weight loss. My mother (and if there's room, my father) are taking a shuttle from their town to a hospital ~20 minutes from my home (for radiation treatments). I'm going to (surprise!) meet her/them there for at least her first time, which is today. I may drop in from time to time and keep her company whilst waiting (lots of that, I'm sure).

On the work front, I had one appointment this week, a client lunch (semi-primal, sushi) and that's it. We'll see how that goes. No stress there! Not enough low level movements, too much stress and yes, boozing. I didn't weigh this week, feeling weird about it and all. I will weigh this morning and re-edit this post to reflect it. Ugh! I'm up by 2.5 pounds. I've been way too busy this week to walk properly. I'll change that today. I'm fasting of course, and will get in a loooong hike. I just realized what else helped wreck the weight loss: my eldest's birthday dinner at Golden Corral restaurant. Buffet style, almost nothing Paleo/Primal. I had a couple of steaks, and some (what I thought was roast chicken) Sweet Barbecued chicken. My eldest also had 2 late start days at school, so that cut into my time as well. Next week will be good, lots of walking happening if I like it or not.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 04-18-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Whoo hoo! I weighed REALLY DOWN today! -4 pounds! [singing, off key as usual] "Yeah, yeah! In the right direction, oh yeah!"
    Apparently my body LIKES long hikes!

Cheers!

Well ya'll, I weighed flat for the week. No surprise there. I walked HUGE on Monday last week. A 3 hour hike! I took a break from the hiking for a couple of days, then had a short one Thursday and a medium one on Friday. Lots of boozing and dairy too, so... not bad! I'm going to city hall to apply for a business license today, for my consulting business. I also need to file a DBA, so that'll be fun. I have 2 kids with early out two days this week due to testing schedules. Hooray.

Good for now.
    Cheers!

Well folks, apparently the whole Anti-Oxidant craze is just snake oil.
    Antioxidants Will Not Cure All (or Anything) That Ails You

I didn't half believe it anyway. The ancients never even knew about it and ate everything that crawled or didn't move too quickly. We can too. All we need to know is that blueberries are delicious.
    Cheers!

Hi all! It rained off and on almost all of last week, so I barely got any walking in. Also, I've been super busy trying to get my office automation consultancy going. I got in a 68 minute hike on Michael D. Antonovich trail in San Dimas (about 10 minutes from home) and that was good. I boozed big and sugary last night though (Grand Marnier). Feeling like hell this morning. That and kids were driving me nuts. It's the end of the school year and they're all going nuts. I just weighed, UP 5.5 pounds! DAMN! Not a big surprise, but I'm not happy. This week will be better. I'm walking first thing each day after dropping kiddos off at school.
    Cheers!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    good on you Charlie - sometimes we need to have a blow out - sadly my blowouts are day after day, week after week LOL
    I.m on the plane to come to your beautiful country in a few hours......can't wait !!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast