Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 31

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Canio and Gwamma!
    My friends, I thank you!
    The last couple of days (Tuesday on) started to get better, with my Mother-in-law announcing Tuesday, that she was returning home Wednesday (yesterday) to supervise the painting of her house. Of course, she couldn't even go inside when she got home, so she has to stay with (her baby), my no-brother-good-in-law.

Man! I need to go to Aotearoa soon, and get this really uncivilized civilization away from me!
    Thanks for asking about my mother! She's good! She will be doing radiation every day for 5 weeks, taking a shuttle bus from a point 3 miles from my parent's home to Los Angeles and back. Whee. My father will go with her, if there is room for him on the shuttle. If not, he'll wait for the shuttle to come back, whilst enjoying a weak coffee and free WiFi on his netbook.

On the Paleo/Primal side, weirdly enough... I'm DOWN by 3 pounds! ...how, How, HOW?!!

With the mother-in-law around, I wasn't able to exercise at all properly. I was able to eat properly, but ???
    Whatever, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Cheers to you friends!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 02-28-2013 at 11:00 AM.
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Hi All!
    Weighing this week (tomorrow) will be interesting to see. Lots of boozin' to celebrate my Mother-In-Law's departure. Things are much more relaxed this week, except for the parent-teacher conferences at my daughter's school. Early-Outs all week. That's certainly going to truncate my days. I got in a serious hike a week ago Friday where I went off-trail (that was FUN! ) and possibly ran across a patch of poison oak (not so fun ) I am mad itchy!

I also have holes in my Vibram Five-Fingers (should be Five TOES!), and will start looking for a replacement this week.
    Today is a red letter day at my house: I'm giving clothes to Goodwill (an American charity, possibly international, dunno?), clearing out everything that doesn't fit. It's a bit depressing (or not) to know that I only have 2 shirts, 2 jeans, 1 slacks that really fit!
    Have a great week, y'all!
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Charlie - yay for the clothes that don't fit. Very exciting !!!!!! yeah I know - now you have to buy some new threads - but that will be fun !!!!!!
    When does Mum start her radiation ? I have a friend who heads in next week for 5 weeks of radiation, so I am not sure how that will pan out. She lives a long way from Christchurch, so will stay during the week.
    Anyhoo wish Mum all the best, and keep up your good work
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Hi All!
    Weighing this week (tomorrow) will be interesting to see. Lots of boozin' to celebrate my Mother-In-Law's departure. Things are much more relaxed this week, except for the parent-teacher conferences at my daughter's school. Early-Outs all week. That's certainly going to truncate my days. I got in a serious hike a week ago Friday where I went off-trail (that was FUN! ) and possibly ran across a patch of poison oak (not so fun ) I am mad itchy!
    I also have holes in my Vibram Five-Fingers (should be Five TOES!), and will start looking for a replacement this week.
    Today is a red letter day at my house: I'm giving clothes to Goodwill (an American charity, possibly international, dunno?), clearing out everything that doesn't fit. It's a bit depressing (or not) to know that I only have 2 shirts, 2 jeans, 1 slacks that really fit!
    Have a great week, y'all!
    Cheers!

canio6 Guest
    LOL That is the best feeling - the 'oh crap I am too small to wear anything I own' feeling. It beats the, "f*ck, I can't button up any of my pants because my ass is too big!' feeling. Keep it up PC.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    LOL That is the best feeling - the 'oh crap I am too small to wear anything I own' feeling. It beats the, "f*ck, I can't button up any of my pants because my ass is too big!' feeling. Keep it up PC.
    Thanks Canio!
    I love the corn syrup quote!
    I'm considering adding a great quote I heard about a year ago: "For every question that you are entitled an answer, I will answer truthfully. For every question that you are not entitled an answer, I will lie right to your damned face!"
    Cheers!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo Charlie View Post
    I'm considering adding a great quote I heard about a year ago: "For every question that you are entitled an answer, I will answer truthfully. For every question that you are not entitled an answer, I will lie right to your damned face!"
    Cheers!
    LOL I guess politicians feel we are not entitled to any answers then

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Hi Charlie - yay for the clothes that don't fit. Very exciting !!!!!! yeah I know - now you have to buy some new threads - but that will be fun !!!!!!
    When does Mum start her radiation ? I have a friend who heads in next week for 5 weeks of radiation, so I am not sure how that will pan out. She lives a long way from Christchurch, so will stay during the week.
    Anyhoo wish Mum all the best, and keep up your good work
    G x
    Hi Gwamma!
    My mother starts on the 14th and will go to LA for that, a 40 minute ride without traffic (and of course there's always traffic). There's a weird traffic phenomenon in Southern California: When someone asks how far someplace is from where they are, we never tell them how many miles, but how long it will take.

An example: from my parent's house in Anaheim, (from traffic, well less than 60mph and depending when they leave) the 40 mile ride is likely to take an hour or more. I'm sure she's going to be feeling just lovely too.

Your friend may have the right idea by staying in Christchurch. Thanks for the good energy toward my mother! She and I both appreciate it! Good wishes, positive energy and prayers for your friend as well.

Oh! On the Paleo/Primal scene... I had to drill another hole in my belt... Such a calamity!
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    LOL I guess politicians feel we are not entitled to any answers then
    Nope, never have, never will. They're just after lining their pockets (with corn syrup, perhaps?). The Office of the President hasn't run this country for a long time. Whoever sits in that seat spends most of his/her (eventually) time travelling and making speeches. The Congress runs the country, and on an individual basis, needs to be shot.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo Charlie View Post
    Nope, never have, never will. They're just after lining their pockets (with corn syrup, perhaps?). The Office of the President hasn't run this country for a long time. Whoever sits in that seat spends most of his/her (eventually) time travelling and making speeches. The Congress runs the country, and on an individual basis, needs to be shot.
    A crazy person tried that with our Congresswoman, and sadly the replacement is worse. Actually, the original was doing pretty well at least on a selfish, keep Canio employed level.

Oh well, wtf can you do?

81 pounds down, in half the time I have been here. You are a f'ing beast dude.

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast