Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 28

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi Charlie,

Your progress is just phenomenal! Great to see you dropping weight steadily One question: Do you weight yourself at the same time of day each week? Remember that your weight fluctuates about 2-3 lbs throughout a day, so I always make sure to weigh myself on an empty stomach and before any exercise after I wake up so I get an accurate comparison! Weighing yourself after you work out is counter productive (as I have been told by a personal trainer once).

I'm with you on the dairy and booze, those are tough to limit and give-up, but they are also slowing down my progress

Keep walking! Soon you can start incorporating some weight training to build lots of muscle

I hope your mom is doing ok - glad to hear that it is very treatable!

A.
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Misti is offline Member
    Oh, Charlie, I am so sorry to hear about your mother's cancer. I do hope that everything goes well for her!
    Misti
    Grain Free since 2009, WP from 2005
    ~100% primal (because anything less makes me very sick)
    Goal: hike across Sweden with my grandchildren when I retire in a few years

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    PC - I am very sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts are with her, you, and your family.

As for your primal journey...holy snikes, you are kicking serious tail! You've got charts and everything. Damn, way to make me look bad there brother
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Thanks y'all for the positive thoughts about my mother!
    Now, for the personal business:

@Anna: Good points! I'll attempt to weigh in the mornings! I've been doing the "Warrior Fasting" Mark mentioned earlier (fast all day, eat a BIG feast for dinner, go to bed full, wake up and do it again). Today, I'm fasting all day, going to bed hungry and will attempt to Warrior Fast tomorrow.

@Misti: It's going well for her so far! It's slow moving and very treatable so far. She's in good spirits!

@Canio: Thanks bacon-brother! Send me your info and I'll make a chart for you too! (It looks better that way!)
    Hmm. I tried to upload a template spreadsheet and chart with this post, no dice. Sorry folks!
    Send a private message and I may be able to get it to you.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 01-16-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Well, here's another weird week. Wife and kiddos had yesterday (Monday) off, so we went to my parents for hugs and to take them to lunch. I had the most innocuous thing I could find on the menu: a beef burrito (that I performed surgery upon, to get to the meat.) Not bad, but certainly not paleo/primal. I have the wife home again today so after some snuggle time, I'll get to the communications, job hunt, and working on the office-automation business.
    I'll likely take two walks today, to stay close to home. Wife will run some errands later, so that will be a good time for a quick hike.
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Meh!
    This week is going completely to shite! One kid had a late start day today, so I had to be sure HE got to school on time. Normal days for the other two. I went to the youngest's school to help keep THAT one focused ( for 3 hours by the time I got there). All that and making endless phone calls for getting the roof repaired. I think the landlady is supposed to take care of that, but since she's a relation of my wife... guess who gets it... the unemployed guy!

It's 4:30 and will be dark by 5:15 PM, overcast, I haven't started dinner yet, and I NEED A WALK!
    I didn't get to the walking until 9:30 PM last night. No sunlight but the moon was bright and a pleasant light to walk in
    I didn't even get a chance to weigh today. I'll likely just put flat for the week and get on with it. It's WEDNESDAY already!

So far, for food today:
    One handful of raw almonds, 2 bites of apple, 4 big bites of pork shoulder (my youngest kept snitching bites out of my hand!)
    Not exactly strict measurements.
    Sprints tonight, so that'll be fun!

Oh well, we try.
    Good luck to us all!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 01-23-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Ugh! Where to begin?
    It's been raining off and on for the past 3 days. I got a walk in last night after 7PM while the rain intermittently let me have it. In 5 minutes, I'm walking with my son to the market (the long way[!]) to get in at least a little hike. Later, we'll go to Sam's Club and/or Costco and get some more walking.

I'm learning that there's a HUGE difference between what is efficient, and what is effective. For shopping, efficiency is parking right next to the door, get what you need and get out. Effectiveness is parking as far away as possible, walk every isle, twice if you like, get what you need and walk back to your far-away car.

Fasting today, we'll see how I do. I've been BOOZING this week, so no more of that for a while. This afternoon, I think I'll put the bottles away, where I can't see them. Out of sight, out of mind.
    Weighing in this week will be interesting.
    Cheers!

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    So do you prefer efficient of effective for shopping? I'm just glad if I can remember where I parked

Good luck weighing in. Booze, the bane of us both.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    So do you prefer efficient of effective for shopping? I'm just glad if I can remember where I parked

Good luck weighing in. Booze, the bane of us both.
    Brother, I tell ya!
    Effective is better for shopping (it's kind of hunter/gatherer anyway).
    Park in the farthest slot every time, it's always open!
    Thanks for the good luck! As far as the booze... daing! I'm on my 3rd day without a taste (not even a sip of red wine).
    I'm thinking I may have developed a problem, so backing off is a good idea for me... just to see.
    Cheers!

Ugh!
    I weighed up 2 lbs. Whee.
    No surprise, it rained for 4 days last week. I walked some, but not enough apparently. I need to come up with an alternative walking plan for when it rains. Perhaps go to the mall and walk around there.
    I also need to make sure I'm eating a big ass salad every day. I'm working up several salad mixes (steak, grilled chicken, roast pork, etc.) Wife is certain to give me some sass, but apparently I like that!
    This week will be good!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 01-28-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast