Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 27

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi All!
    I had a long walk (1 3/4 hours, decent pace) and just weighed myself and I'm down 3 pounds. That's what I'm after!

The last 2 or so weeks has been kind of hard: plenty of dairy, lots of boozing, no sweets (except for the liqueurs). I just realized it's been exactly a year since I started with the Primal Blueprint. I'm going to try to get another picture of myself posted soon. I'm going to keep the statistics (Starting Weight, Current Weight, Goal Weight) going, but I'm changing the TickerFactory thermometer chart to show this next phase. I'll be down to 200 lbs EASILY this year, so may adjust my goal weight. I really want to be down to my best adult weight, 185 or close to it. Yep, I'll adjust my goal. I'm actively working on the hardening-up part of the Primal Fitness (twice a week workout, sprints once a week, walk every day). I'm also trying to eat more (and different) vegetables.
    Happy New Year, and Good Luck to Us All, we can ALL DO IT!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 01-08-2013 at 01:11 PM.
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Hi Folks!
    I thought it would be interesting to show the chart of where I've been, where I am, and where I'm going. Lots of bumps in this chart!
    Always remember: Pobody's Nerfect!
    Cheers!

Paleo Charlie's Weight Loss.jpg
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    wow Charlie, that chart looks awesome. Well done you !
    Hope the New Year is treating you well
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    wow Charlie, that chart looks awesome. Well done you !
    Hope the New Year is treating you well
    G
    Hi G!
    No, this year, not so much. I and my immediate family are well, but my mother was diagnosed yesterday with invasive lobular carcinoma (breast cancer). She has an consultation on Friday, so we'll know more then. In the meantime, we're all praying (I am a theist you know).
    I hope you and yours are having and continue to have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!
    Cheers!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Oh Charlie, good luck with Mum. Thinking of you
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Thanks G!
    I appreciate it!
    -C

Hi All!
    The cancer attempting to infect my mother is very small (5mm) and slow moving. VERY treatable. The doctor will operate next month, and won't need to use chemo. Likely not even radiation afterwards.
    Okay everyone, let's collectively sigh "WHEW!"
    Thank you all for the prayers [for you theists], and positive thoughts!
    Now to REALLY say it:
    CHEERS!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 01-11-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Hi Everyone!
    My weigh-in tomorrow will likely be interesting. I walked 100 minutes, 3 times.... so... (300 / 60 = 5 hours). A couple of extra trips to the market probably bumped it up another hour. Lots of walking, NO Primal essential movements, a bit of boozing, and loads of dairy. We'll see.
    I will likely get some more walking in this afternoon (going to wife's aunt's & uncles, lakefront property, sidewalk all the way around. Wife will walk and talk with aunt. Myself, eldest son, and uncle will walk and talk (uncle will tell terribly weak jokes), youngest son and the girl will ride scooters.
    Dinner for wife and I will be a BIG chorizo & mushroom scramble, with pieces of roast beef thrown in.
    Happy Sunday, y'all.
    Cheers!

Ugh!
    We had lunch with wife's aunt and uncle. Spaghetti with "vegetarian" meat sauce. I had none. I focused on the "dolmas: grape leaves wrapped around rice and hamburger meat. I also went with the salad, and had 1 serving (big spoon) of lentils. Meh.
    Tomorrow, I'll walk, workout and weigh. Good luck to me (and you too!)
    Cheers!

Hi all!
    I just worked out, and walked and weighed: flat, no surprises!
    After the non-paleo / Primal meal yesterday, along with the boozing and dairy, and yeah I'm AMAZED that I didn't weigh higher!
    Cheers!

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast