Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 26

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Hi folks!
    Well today I weighed and I'm up by a pound. No surprise, too much Grand Marnier. That stuff is just too tasty!
    At this stage in my Paleo/Primal development, I'm going to have to say: Thanks, but no thanks.
    The low-level movements haven't been happening right either, with the intermittent rain and wife requests.
    I'm going for a long walk now, since the rain has gone for now.
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Howdy all,
    I changed up Mark's exercise program by 3 days, to have all workout activities happening during the week: Sprints on Sunday just weren't happening, or were annoying the wife... (time away from the family).
    I sprinted flat ground (relatively flat, our city is hills, built on top of other hills) on Wednesday evening and Jeez-o-Pete, I am FAST!
    I went from in front of our house, to the neighbor 6 houses down (about 100 yards). I started running as a car was pulling out, and I kept up (likely scaring the heck out of the driver, if he/she even noticed.)
    I performed that ritual 3 times, and went into the house winded. It was bloody cold (cold for my thick blood, ~40F), and a bit windy.
    I completely blew off any exercising today, other than lots of slow movement whilst Christmas shopping. Tomorrow, my family and I will go to church, and afterward I'll point out what I think is baloney, and they'll point out what they think is baloney if anything. The constructive approach to religion.

I've been drinking this week too, so the weigh-in on Monday will be interesting. Considering that this is the day the world was supposed to end, I'm a little annoyed: I was hoping to eliminate this debt!
    Good luck to us all!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 12-21-2012 at 09:58 PM.
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Hi everyone!
    I just weighed and I'm up by a pound. I've been having a drink or 3 every day this last week. Also I've been stressing over Christmas and staying up later. The family has 2 weeks off from school, so what to do every day? I think I'm going to *arrange* several long hikes, so that the family doesn't actually know they're on a hike... Trip to the mall? Quick [not so much] hike up Glendora Mountain Road? Hmm. There are WILD BLACKBERRIES up there, and all the rattlesnakes will be asleep (my son and I saw one on a hike last spring)!
    Victoria Gardens (outdoor mall), YEAH! Walka-Walka-Walkah!
    Today, I'm going to do the Essential Primal Movements that Mark recommends. I haven't been doing them regularly, but it's time to harden up.
    Cheers!

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year!
    My family and I went to see my parents and my brother's family today. We ate at a Mexican restaurant where I ordered a Taco Salad, no beans of course. Got beans. Meh!
    I ate it and am feeling bleah!
    Gassy, gas, gas!
    No Damn Bueno, Cabron!
    Tomorrow, both of my boys are going with me on a hike on Mike Antonovich Trail in San Dimas (next town over). Strangely enough, this town, while east of us, is also SOUTH of us. It should be a fun hike, hopefully a long one, since I've barely broken a sweat in the last 2 weeks.

The house is smelling WONDERFUL!
    I'm making Tomato Garlic Butter. I'm using 16 oz of regular tomatoes, instead of the cherry tomatoes. My wife is less than impressed though. For her, to smell Italian, some oregano is in order. Nope, none of THAT happening. Tomatoes cooked, cooling now. In a while, I'll mix it with the grass-fed [Kerrygold] butter and Yum-o-Rama!
    Cheers!

Kazrau is offline Junior Member
    Hi Charlie

I've just read your entire journal and I must say that your dedication is very impressive. I am just starting (again) due to health issues but hope to have a similar journey to the one you're taking.

Cheers
    Karen

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Charlie, I just read your entire journal.

Yay for you! You're doing great.

Happy New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazrau View Post
    Hi Charlie

I've just read your entire journal and I must say that your dedication is very impressive. I am just starting (again) due to health issues but hope to have a similar journey to the one you're taking.

Cheers
    Karen
    Hi Karen!
    Thanks for the kind words. We can all do this.
    Happy New Year!
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    Hi Charlie, I just read your entire journal.

Yay for you! You're doing great.

Happy New Year.
    Hi Tapper!
    Thanks for the encouragement. The Paleo/Primal thing is really working out (pun intended) for me.
    Happy New Year!
    Cheers!

Hello Everyone!
    Last night we went to John's Incredible Pizza Company to celebrate our son's birthday. Kiddos and wife all had pizza (10 kinds), cookies, brownies, cake, and ice cream. I had a pretty generic (and BIG) salad with a lettuce cabbage mix, tomatoes, mushrooms, egg, and ham. No dressing. I'm learning that even supposedly "healthy" salad dressings [in public] can't be trusted. Make your own, or go without.
    The boys and I will get in a long walk today while the wife and girl go shopping. It should be a good time for all!
    Cheers!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Everyone!
    Today I had a dentist appointment (scheduled, even though I suspected that had a cracked filling, and in fact did). The weirdest thing happened while I was there: The receptionist (generally heavy), the dental assistant (also heavy in the caboose), and my dentist (not heavy, but wishing to lose 20 lbs. to help him breathe better at night) all gathered around me in the dental chair and asked me what my weight-loss secret was. Is that weird? I generally don't prosthelytize my weight-loss unless asked, and I turned on the whole story (looking for an unrelated podcast, finding "Latest in Paleo", getting a credit there to "Mark's Daily Apple", and on from there).
    Who knew that eating nutrient dense foods left you with no room for junk?
    I'll weigh myself after my walk (drat, it's DARK already... where did my day go?).
    I ate a steak (that was soon [in a couple of days] to go rancid, for lunch, but nothing else (coffee) so far. Trader Joe's Bay Blend [extra dark]! Goodbye Starbucks, [pronounced FOUR BUCKS! $$$$] I only got it black there, or an espresso, so no mo'! Salad for dinner, with Creamy Ranch Dressing! Yummo!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 01-07-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast