Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 24

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    OK, where to begin... I ate a LOT of meat yesterday (big scramble with bacon and beef chorizo [yummo!]), with a few veggies thrown in. I finished up a piece of leftover pork shoulder, and (of course [dang!]) had lots of cheese on everything. THAT may be my failing!
    Today, I am fasting and will start out tomorrow with a blob of unsalted, grass-fed butter in my coffee. I had some today as well, but that's just to get the fat burning started.

So far, so good!
    I'll fast again this weekend, probably Saturday, to keep it moving. My monthly client (and client dinner) is next Monday, so I will likely be fasting on Tuesday to make up for that.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 11-01-2012 at 03:18 PM.
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Here's a linkback to my beginning in the Primal Blueprint

Nope, fasting Sunday. I ate a steak today, coffee with unsalted grass-fed butter, and scrambled eggs (4) with beef chorizo and bacon (3).

I'll do my sprints tomorrow, and a nice walk.
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Charlie, How is everything going over there ?
    Elections this week ?
    Do you have a winter in California ? or is it just mild ??
    How are the whanau ?
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Hi NZ Lady!
    Papai! Everyone is well! I'll admit, while I know half a dozen Samoan phrases, being soga'imiti [pronounced Sohnah eemeetee] (at least some Samoan friends call me that) I had to look that (Maori phrase) up. I hope I was close!
    Elections: Yes. I don't like EITHER big candidate, or 3rd parties either. I'll have to vote for the least poisonous of what's there. Also considering the VP position, and who could possibly be the President.
    Winter here is usually cool (sometimes down into the 20's [F], and occasionally rainy but quite tolerable.
    How are things with you and yours?

I weighed just now and I'm down another 3 lbs! WHOO HOO!, That's the way to start off November! Laying off the booze and fasting helped apparently. I'll be at my monthly client appointment and non-paleo/primal dinner tonight, so I'll fast again tomorrow. Have a terrific week!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 11-05-2012 at 09:56 AM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Yep, we all good thank you. I have a huge debate on at present about whether I come to Oxnard in April or Lake Tahoe in Sept !!!! I just can't decide, so any advice would be great !
    DD and DDBF have moved out, but crazy busy getting place spic and span for a wedding on saturday. grandchildren well, calf good, pet lambs tailed, and the cat peed on the bed yesterday !!! so all in all more positives than negetives !!!
    Well done on another loss, and have the best week
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Hi All!
    Wow, what a busy week. Where to begin?
    Tuesday I didn't fast, because the night before I didn't go to my client for reports and dinner. That was Wednesday, so I fasted Thursday. Tuesday I walked and worked out (squats, planks, push-ups, pullups).
    Working out today, though it's taking some time. Wife is dropping off a kid at the bowling alley for a party, so I'll attempt to wrap it up then. Fasting and Sprints are scheduled for Sunday. A job may be on the horizon (a peer from my previous company was made president of a competitor, [he knows my work and work ethic!]). We'll see.
    Have a great weekend y'all!
    Cheers!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    72.5 pounds? Holy sh*t man. You f*cking rock!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    72.5 pounds? Holy sh*t man. You f*cking rock!
    Hah! Bacon-Brother! Good to hear from you.
    Thanks brother, I'm working it. I still love the boozing though. That's a hard one to give up completely. This last month or so has been a hard one, oscillating between losing weight and interrupting it with the boozing.
    Good for now.
    Be well brother!
    Cheers!

Wow!
    I don't know what triggered this memory, but here it is: My father once told me of the pioneers settling the west. They used to spread tallow or lard on bread instead of butter and eat it. Of course, this was meant to dissuade me and my brother from eating animal fats. Who knew that the BREAD was the bad part of the story?
    Even as kids, my brother and I KNEW that the best bite of bacon was the fat!
    Fasting and sprints today.
    Cheers!

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Yep, we all good thank you. I have a huge debate on at present about whether I come to Oxnard in April or Lake Tahoe in Sept !!!! I just can't decide, so any advice would be great !
    DD and DDBF have moved out, but crazy busy getting place spic and span for a wedding on saturday. grandchildren well, calf good, pet lambs tailed, and the cat peed on the bed yesterday !!! so all in all more positives than negetives !!!
    Well done on another loss, and have the best week
    G
    I don't see that I replied to this one, so here goes!
    Hi G!
    We've been to Oxnard several times for weekend vacations, and like it very much. Lots to do and see there, but we mostly just want to relax away from the heat of the summer. My wife spent a week in Tahoe at a timeshare and it was the second lousiest one she'd been to (the worst being our honeymoon, but that's another story ).Super small.

Tahoe itself is quite scenic, but kind of like that beautiful girl at school: pretty and she knows it. Expensive resort community.
    I hope that helped a little, and please take my comments in context. Wife was on vacation in Tahoe with her mother and 20 years later that relationship still needs some help.
    Cheers!

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast