Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 23

Misti is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh, man -- it's hard enough to get the family in bed without a TV. I can just imagine how tough it would be with one.

I just announce that I'm goign to bed, and then I go to bed. Usually the family follows, so not to miss bedtime story - but if not, at least I get my sleep. (My "little one" is 9 and homeschooled, so if he doesn't come to bed, it's not a disaster.)

But my guys know that in my world, "sleep is sacred". They don't have to honour that, of course, but I have been known to be "Mamma the Balrog" if they get in the way of me getting enough sleep.
    Misti
    Grain Free since 2009, WP from 2005
    ~100% primal (because anything less makes me very sick)
    Goal: hike across Sweden with my grandchildren when I retire in a few years

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misti View Post
    Oh, man -- it's hard enough to get the family in bed without a TV. I can just imagine how tough it would be with one.

I just announce that I'm goign to bed, and then I go to bed. Usually the family follows, so not to miss bedtime story - but if not, at least I get my sleep. (My "little one" is 9 and homeschooled, so if he doesn't come to bed, it's not a disaster.)

But my guys know that in my world, "sleep is sacred". They don't have to honour that, of course, but I have been known to be "Mamma the Balrog" if they get in the way of me getting enough sleep.
    Hah!
    Too funny Misti!
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Charles darling man - how is everything in your world ????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Hi NZ!
    Things are good for now, not so much on the job side though. I've had several calls from recruiters, but nothing definite. I got a letter from a technical school in Los Angeles (~50 miles from home), for their bi-annual review of their curriculum. I went 6 months ago, and it was very interesting, but I wondered "Why did they choose me to go?". I guess I do know some things!

On the Paleo / Primal side, I've been getting more sleep this week, not so much boozing, and got exercise scheduled for today. I'm feeling great!
    Fasting today too, so that will be fun!

How's the world treating my favorite Gwamma?
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Crazy over here Charlie. We have a paying wedding here at ours on the 10.11.12, so all go ! DD and her BF have moved out, so am busy cleaning, weeding, tidying, scrubbing, waterblasting and lurking on these forums LOL
    I still can't lose any weight, so am trying my hand at IF. I really need to get this wedding over with and then really concentrate on some me time. I still have about 18 kg to lose, so still quite a significant amount.
    anyways one day at a time !!!!
    G

...small steps....

Addo is offline Junior Member
    Hi Charlie,

I have just finished reading your story- had to do it in 2 sittings . What an awesome read. Thanks so much for sharing. Me and mine are flirting with Primal and are currently 100% wheat free which was always going to be the hardest. Look forward to your updates in the future.

Cheers!!

Hi Addo!
    Thanks for the kind remarks!
    I'm glad you are able to get something useful out of my postings.
    Good for you on the wheat free you've adopted! I have found, as you know, that Jared Diamond's paper "The Worst Mistake in the History of the Human Race" was completely instrumental in my adoption of the paleo/primal lifestyle. I really love Angelo Coppela's podcast "Latest in Paleo" also. He seems to take a (very-semi) objective approach to the paleo/primal lifestyle.
    I'm still trying to get my wife and kiddos into it, perhaps when it gets colder here, I can prepare paleo/primal dinners that will win them over (that's the plan!).

There's a ton of good stuff out there!
    Cheers!

HI everyone!
    I'm SORE! I did the basic primal workouts on Friday (pushups, planks, squats, pullups - with legs of course, I'm still not thin enough or strong enough to do a real one... YET!
    I put the workout schedule into my Outlook calendar for reminders, and that seems to be enough for now.
    Even though I've been sore for the last day or so, I'm going up Hunters Trail for some sprints. I even conned... er, talked my youngest son into going. He says he's only going to walk, but I may get him to do one.
    I have no idea what my weight is doing. I boozed last night, so [fail?] there. Maybe.
    I'm fasting today, so we'll see how that goes. Cutting up some pumpkins tonight for Halloween. We won't have time later this week.
    Good for now. Have a terrific week, friends!
    Cheers!

OK, I weighed for the week and flat. I'm beginning to think that boozing will do that. I know it does actually. A bit of a struggle, but I'll attempt to avoid it entirely this week to get some progress!
    Cheers!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Charlie, how you doing ???
    I am also thinking that my stall will be the wine - so day 4 of no wine....we shall see if it makes a difference by the end of the week.

anyway heres to some progress - DOWN !!!!!!

...small steps....

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast