Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 22

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo Charlie View Post
    UGH! Where to begin?
    Oh, here's the letter from my doctor, pretty boilerplate stuff, not much exciting happening here.
    :
    OMG Charlie, I cannot believe that letter. If this Doctor actually took any notice of YOU as a patient, if he listened to YOU, was interested in YOU - he would know that you are doing shitloads of exersize, and eating a hell of a clean diet !!!!! however he/she hasn't even taken the time to qualify that and to work with YOU on this. Its almost like you don't exist in her/his eyes.
    Please please please get a new Doctor !!!!
    Dh took me out for dinner last night ( first time in ages), and we ran into an old Dr. of ours. I didn't go into paleo/primal etc, but it was great having the proactive discussion with him. He gets so frustrated with others in the medical field.
    You are an inspiration and if your Doctor bothered to actually get to know you as a patient - he would be spreading your good word all over town
    stupid prick !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Misti-girl, I thank you for your candor!
    Wife is also type 2, on statins (and REALLY annoyed about them, she's giving them up for now, without advice, to lower her cholesterol on her own). She tested 102 this morning, and was feeling happy about it, not waking up low in the middle of the night). A big salad and FISH are on the menu for tonight. I fasted all day, being that yesterday I pigged out on... PIG! Lots of pork (and the Omega 6 fatty acids that go with it). I'm going to attempt to pick up a nice piece of salmon and grill it with cayenne (spicy but GOOD) for dinner. I'm only eating one meal per day now, so I think we can afford it.
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    OMG Charlie, I cannot believe that letter. If this Doctor actually took any notice of YOU as a patient, if he listened to YOU, was interested in YOU - he would know that you are doing shitloads of exersize, and eating a hell of a clean diet !!!!! however he/she hasn't even taken the time to qualify that and to work with YOU on this. Its almost like you don't exist in her/his eyes.
    Please please please get a new Doctor !!!!
    Dh took me out for dinner last night ( first time in ages), and we ran into an old Dr. of ours. I didn't go into paleo/primal etc, but it was great having the proactive discussion with him. He gets so frustrated with others in the medical field.
    You are an inspiration and if your Doctor bothered to actually get to know you as a patient - he would be spreading your good word all over town
    stupid prick !!!!!!
    Gwamma, you lunatic!
    I LOVE YOU!
    New Zealand Lady, This guy was actually happy with my progress. The lab sent this email when they were finished with their "tests". I am firmly in the camp with you about 'not knowing enough about cholesterol' to know what is going on.

Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Oh ok - praps I should just go back to sleep ??????
    I am so NOT ON THE PAGE !!!! Alzheimers must be setting in
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Hah, funny lady!
    Cheers!

Well folks, I weighed yesterday and flat again. This is like the third week in a row. I boozed hard on Saturday, so that may be affecting. Also, I had PLENTY of dairy, including lots of evaporated milk in my coffee. I'll cut that out this week (along with the booze) and make some progress. Fasting tomorrow will help out. I'm having some leftover trout that we got at Costco this week for dinner tonight. A big salad would not be amiss either.
    Hang in there everyone, we can ALL make it!
    Cheers!

Hi all!
    Well folks, I'm down a pound and a half!
    FINALLY!!!!
    I got to thinking: "What haven't I been doing right with this weight loss. Getting lots of fat? YOU BET! Getting enough fish and veggies? I'm trying but it's hard. Too much boozing? Too bad there, I love it, but have cut WAY back. I get hangovers WAY easier since starting the paleo/primal life. Walking for at least 30 minutes per day? Good there. Sprinting every 7-10 days? Good there, I'll be going up Hunters Trail later today, once my Vibrams air dry out from the laundry. Lifting heavy things? Some, but not enough. I'll be ramping THAT up by putting it into my calendar (for reminders!) Getting enough sleep? ...well ...no. Busy as heck looking for a job. I've decided not to focus on the Network Admin or IT Manager aspects of my recent career, and focus more on the Excel/Visual Basic for Applications development part. I've also decided that I can make a business out of helping folks with reports, development, and presentations. I'm the BEST at that! These things are keeping me up much later than I've been up recently. I need to go to bed when I put my kiddos down. Nothing later than 9PM. I put myself down at midnight last night... I know, way too late. That's changing today. I managed to fast yesterday and grabbed a quick bite of barbecued pork (no sauce of course!) before hitting the sack.

Have a great week friends!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 10-21-2012 at 11:32 AM.

A quick post, showing my weight loss chart again. Several flat and up periods. Don't be discouraged! We occasionally need to regroup and reassess our situations!
    Paleo Charlie's Weight Loss.jpg
    Cheers!

Misti is offline Member
    It's been a couple of days, Charlie, how are your sleep plans coming? I think that's a challenge for a lot of people.
    Misti
    Grain Free since 2009, WP from 2005
    ~100% primal (because anything less makes me very sick)
    Goal: hike across Sweden with my grandchildren when I retire in a few years

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Misti!
    Yeah, I agree, it's a challenge. Unless wife is sick, she's up at all hours (depending on what's on TV).
    I am really starting to hate that time killing boob tube.
    I'm going to attempt to add a nap into my routine to just get an extra hour of sleep in. I'll still attempt to get the kiddos down, then myself and the wife. I love how she always gripes about not getting enough sleep, but will stay up to watch shows she could just as easily record.

Cheers!

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast