Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 20

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Jeff!
    Thanks for the kind words!
    I didn't get in the walk and sprints on Sunday like I planned. I did get a steak and small salad for dinner, which was fine. I walked Monday, and sprinted today. Oh BTW, for those keeping track (I am) where I sprint on Hunters Trail is between a 8 and 9 3/4 degrees incline. I have taken to running up, walking slowly down while winded. I walked over and sprinted this morning and walked home. Later in the evening, I walked our entire tract (3 1/2 miles). Legs are TIRED!
    I fasted all day, as yesterday I was boozing. I had ~2 glasses of merlot, no big deal I know. However, I also had a shot of bourbon and another of scotch (my birthday present from my neighbor and good bud). Burn interrupted. I fasted all day and will start the day tomorrow with a Bul!etpro0f coffee.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 09-26-2012 at 01:34 PM.
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Ut!
    I couldn't wait (or is it weight?) and needed to post this right away, instead of tomorrow!

See? Lots of bumps!
    Paleo Charlie Weight Chart.jpg
    I needed to see this as well! So I'm glad for the update from YOU Jeff!
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Charlie, you are doing so well. I have stalled and it is so annoying me, but if i do a wee graph like you have, I am still very VERY slowly going down. So I shall keep at it.
    Hope the family are well.
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Charlie, you are doing so well. I have stalled and it is so annoying me, but if i do a wee graph like you have, I am still very VERY slowly going down. So I shall keep at it.
    Hope the family are well.
    G
    Hi NZ Primal G!
    I'm certain that this chart will flatten out after a bit, and I may see little or no progress for a while. That seems pretty normal so far. I've made pretty good progress so far, going from a size 52 pants down to a size 42 so far. From a XXL shirt (that was starting to get tight) down to a L that fits comfortably. I bought a new belt in February and have since punched 6 new holes in it.
    Family is doing well for the most part. Wife had a meeting at work and her department may disappear in 2014, so everyone is nervous, including me. If they are announcing it that far out, it's likely to disappear sooner. Or not. We are seriously contemplating a move out of California, as my industry (Information Technology) is somewhat saturated here. Other than that, it's all good!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 09-26-2012 at 01:32 PM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Come on over to New Zealand, the pay isn't brilliant for some vocations, but the lifestyle is fan-tab-u-lous !!!!!
    good luck
    I haven't headed back to work as yet. We moved to our new cave two years ago. DH has retrained as a real estate agent, (after farming all his life) so I do all his PA stuff. I am sooooo computer illiterate thou ! I have remote training twice a week, and so am getting better, but I just can't grasp some concepts. Nevermind onward.......
    Have the best day
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Hah!
    That actually sounds like a PLAN!
    I have a friend that I used to teach computers with, that lives with his wife in China. He's been trying to get me into that hemisphere for a decade! The new/old frontier and all that.
    I kicked my weight loss in the butt with another full-day fast yesterday, and now, after demolishing the rest of the leftover pork shoulder (yummo!), I'm down another pound! I know the official weigh-in is tomorrow, but I was curious and a little obsessive-compulsive. I will weigh in properly tomorrow, and update my signature. Monday morning, I'm calling a technical recruiter in Colorado regarding a contract job in Texas, for doing Microsoft Access. Easy-breezy.
    Have a great weekend and we'll blab later!
    Cheers!

I just now filled the kiddos' pool and took a cold dunk (it's 100 degrees F here, the water was 65, brrr!).
    The middle child and youngest son wants to go on a loooong walk to Cost Plus World Market. Suits me! I can get my 99% Cacao Dark Chocolate bars there!
    2012-06-08 18.28.28.jpg
    Cheers!

Well, I weighed today and down a pound and a half!
    Not a lot, but significant. I'm glad I made the official weigh-in today.
    I'll do sprints and LOOOONG walk on Tuesday morning. In the evening, I have my monthly client appointment, with dinner, so will likely need to fast all day Wednesday. We'll see how it goes.
    Cheers!

Jeffybear is offline Member
    Hey...a pound and a half is a pound and a half. Your'e an inspiration!!!
    Primal since 27 August 2012
    Age 47
    Height 5'10"
    SW 236
    PW 223
    GW 185

My Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi all!
    I went to my monthly client appointment, where I had dinner: Stuffed-chicken breast, breaded and fried of course. Corn on the cob. Salad, smothered in Balsamic vinagrette. Nothing paleo/primal at all, so I'm fasting today. I'll eat again tomorrow night, likely a big salad.
    I feel pretty horrible. All those grains and weird oils. Bleah!
    I went on a LOOOONG (2+hr) walk up Hunters Trail, no sprints today. Whew, that's a big neighborhood, with lots of hills. My legs are feeling it!
    I have a doctor's appointment for tomorrow morning, a physical with a blood test to check my cholesterol. My wife and my mother were both griping long enough that I gave in. Good enough for now.
    Cheers!

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast