Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 19

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi NZ Primal G!
    Hmm. NZ time is GMT +12, and I'm GMT -8, so I need to add a +8 to catch up to Greenwich, and +12 to catch up to you to get... 20 hours into the future (or past?) LOL!
    As near as I can figure, you are only a few hours short of a day behind (or ahead?) of me. So, daytime!
    As far as the fasting goes, I eat like a Hero from ~6PM until I stop (no later than 10P). Then I'll usually fast all day and do it again. For the big fast, I'll not eat for a day and only eat a little bit for the day after the fast, to get at least a couple of bites down my neck. Then I'll feast again, but it won't be as big as normal. Lately, the feasts have been pretty small, actually. Maybe I'm not requiring as much food, who knows? I certainly need to eat more veggies. That's no secret. Lately I've also been boozing way less. Drat, I love boozing. That's no secret either.

Wife is cranky for 3 reasons:
    I'm unemployed.
    AC not working.
    She may be unemployed (Special Ed department [where she works] may go away in 2014).
    Pick your reason, and I'll pick some daisies (good idea, I know a meadow near here!)
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Here's a linkback to my beginning in the Primal Blueprint

I ate lunch with a good friend of 30+ years.
    Cafe Rio Cup.jpg
    Unfortunately, I had the Pork Barbacoa salad, with no dressing of course. Who knew it was sugar sweetened?
    NEVER in 46+ years of eating Mexican food, living in Southern California [more Mexicans in LA than in Mexico City, true] have I had ANY kind of Mexican food that has been sweetened. Bleah.

Fasting all day tomorrow for SURE! I will need to get back on track. A long walk tonight is not misdirected either.
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Hi all!
    After dropping the kiddos off at school(s), I went on a pretty long walk. I'll walk some more this afternoon, before picking up kiddos from school(s). I'll fast all day tomorrow, as wife is certain to want me to eat cake or some such for my birthday on Sunday. Whoo hoo, let's celebrate by screwing up!
    I'm STILL going to walk and sprint on Sunday, I don't care if it's my birthday, no excuses.
    Hunters Trail calls.
    I'll try to remember to get some pix (and maybe measure the degree of incline), so y'all can see. Some places there, it seems almost straight up!
    Have a great weekend everyone!
    Cheers!

Misti is offline Member
    Hey, Charlie,

Happy Birthday! I just read through your whole journal - man, you are *comitted*!

I like your writing voice, too, it makes you feel like an old friend.

If your wife is determined to make a cake, might you compromise by having her make an almond flour cake? The net hosts dozens of good recipes...that would reduce the "screwup" factor. We're not as committed as you are, and we serve them for birthdays regularly.
    Misti
    Grain Free since 2009, WP from 2005
    ~100% primal (because anything less makes me very sick)
    Goal: hike across Sweden with my grandchildren when I retire in a few years

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    happy birthday to you !!! Its not quite sunday here yet, but we will celebrate your birthday before you will !!!!!!

Butter Chicken in a Silky Sauce | Mark's Daily Apple
    here is the link from Annies Journal. It really was the best butter chicken !

G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    happy birthday to you !!! Its not quite sunday here yet, but we will celebrate your birthday before you will !!!!!!

here is the link from Annies Journal. It really was the best butter chicken !

G

I found the recipe on this site! Link above. And here is the link to my journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65088.html

Hi Misti!
    Thanks for the kind words and suggestion for almond flour in the cake. I had a talk with wife last night (on our walk through a farmer's market near here), and she asked where I would like to go for my birthday. So... It appears we'll be eating out. Likely a steak place near us (YES!). This particular place will cut the tie off of your neck if they see one and tack it to the wall, so we'll be stopping off at Goodwill to get some truely AWEFUL ties before we go. I'll be able to eat completely paleo/primal for this place, (steak, salad, dessert [family will partake, I'll just blow out a candle!]).
    Hang in there, we can all make it!
    Cheers!

Ladies, I thank you for that link and the birthday wishes!
    This will truely be the best birthday I could possibly have.

I went to the dog park with my youngest son and our two dogs (brother and sister). I thought I would walk around a bit while there, but there were just too many dogs, so I sat on a bench. We then took a trip to the bagel shop. Son had a breakfast wrap (bagel dough wrapped around scrambled egg and herb cream cheese [then baked]), and I had... a full espresso (triple shot!). Yummo!
    That'll keep you awake for the rest of your life, if you are not planning on living very long!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 09-22-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Happy Sunday to all!
    I just weighed and I'm down 3 more pounds!
    WHOO HOO!
    Sprints up Hunters Trail are calling. I'll try to measure the angle on my smartphone (there's an app for that).
    Steak and a big ass salad for birthday dinner tonight!
    Cheers!

Jeffybear is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hey Charlie,
    Just read through most of your journal....you are a very inspirational writer. Sounds like you are way ahead of the your goals.....keep going and best of luck with the job search. I'll keep an eye on your journal from now on. It makes for a fun read and besides I know that I've got to go back through here and get some of the recipes that you have mentioned throughout. Wish you the very best.

Jeff
    Primal since 27 August 2012
    Age 47
    Height 5'10"
    SW 236
    PW 223
    GW 185

My Journal

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast