Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 18

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well y'all;
    No leg cramps last night, so that's good.
    Another good thing, the kiddos wanted to go to Donut Man, a local place that's world-famous for their Strawberry donuts and their Peach donuts. We walked the 20-25 minutes there, the daughter on her scooter, and even better news: They're closed until 6PM because of the Labor Day Holiday.
    We stopped at Subway for some breakfast sandwiches (I didn't have any... strangely, there was no FOOD there!), and walked the rest of the way home, the 2 youngest kiddos bitching the whole way home (wahh, it's hot, I'm sweaty, when are we going to be home, call mommy, etc.). My stoic eldest kept on going, no problem.
    Walking in the front door, my wife immediately started on about who took the clothes out of the dryer and left them in a basket without folding or hanging them up. It was me. I'm guilty.
    Good for now,
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Here's a linkback to my beginning in the Primal Blueprint

Hi all!
    I went to my long-time client's for dinner and report building. His nice wife served chicken (yum!), whole wheat pasta (because she thinks I gave up "white" foods. She's trying, I'll give her that!), grilled bell peppers, green beans, and pine nuts (tasty, but legumes), a killer cold soup from Whole Foods Market (see attached photo),2012-09-05 20.08.04.jpg
    and cut watermelon. All in all, certainly a non paleo/primal meal. Fasting today.
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Charlie, how are things going with you ?
    I am so hoping you got that job !!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Hi New Zealand Lady!
    I don't know about the job yet. I sent a follow up letter that afternoon, and a phone call the following week, but still no action. My father says "You never know. That guy could have family problems, or be on vacation or even still interviewing other candidates." He's right. Sometimes the old billiard adage comes into play: "If you can't see your shot, hit it hard and wish it well!"
    On the Paleo/Primal side, tomorrow I fast all day, and run sprints up Hunters Trail. That will be fun (or not!).
    Cheers!

You go Charlie, and if its not to be....its not to be - their loss !!!!!
    Have the best day sprinting and fasting

...small steps....

Thanks New Zealand!
    I didn't do the sprints yesterday like I planned, it was 103F at 9AM!
    Too bloody hot for a walk, much less some sprints. I'll attempt some this evening, possibly after dark.
    I weighed this morning and I'm down another pound! I'm beginning to think that this is working!
    Cheers!

2012-09-09 17.15.59.jpg
    (subtitled)
    MEANWHILE...
    ON HUNTERS TRAIL, PALEO CHARLIE DOES SOME SPRINTS.

Hi All!
    Today it's Paleo Charlie, fast-all-day!
    Bul3tpro*ff coffee for breakfast (coffee, with a nice chunk of Kerrygold unsalted butter thrown in), yum-o!
    Tomorrow, I'll weigh.

The air conditioning went out yesterday, and wife is cranky [big surprise]. I'm spending my time outside and enjoying myself quite well, thank you very much!
    I may water myself down, and have a nice 45 minute walk, with some sprints up Hunters Trail in a bit. Maybe I can convice a kiddo or two or three to go with me.
    Have an awesome week everyone!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 09-17-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Hey everyone!
    I just weighed and... down another pound and a half!

I'm making Primal Texas Chili using the last of the leftover barbecued pork shoulder for a bit of a twist.
    Cheers!

PrimalCon New York
    Hi Charlie, how did the fast-all-day go ? I still haven't done an all dayer, I do all nighters every night thou ! LOL
    I often manage a 2pm or 4pm, and find that those IFs really crank up the weight loss.
    Your weigt loss is seriously brilliant. Well done you, and re cranky wife - we just are sometimes - no rhyme, no reason !
    Pick her some wild daisies !
    Have the best day/ actually it migt be night over where you are (7am in the morning here)
    G

...small steps....

Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast