Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 17

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone!
    I did a walk in the morning, as opposed to trying to get a walk in the evenings and sometimes missing the vitamin D exposure. The good thing about living in the "Bonnie Green Hills of Glendora" (my name for home, not the City of Glendora's name for it) is having... HILLS!
    I extended my walk by 10 minutes to the next tract over and whattayaknow? A nice hill, on a street with a very Primal/Paleo name: Hunter's Trail! I threw in a few all-out effort sprints uphill and boy are my legs feeling it now!
    I'll fast all day today and finish the day with a salad.
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

roden is offline Junior Member
    Hi Charlie

My partner isn't 100% primal with me yet, just as your family isn't quite there, but by cooking delicious meals and acting as a living example of how cutting out grains and sugar can make you feel, I have a feeling they'll be hugely influenced given enough time. Plus, you've made such enormous progress. I'm totally floored.

Keep up the fabulous work!

Hi Roden,
    Thanks for the kind remarks!
    I forgot to weigh in this week, so just did... I'm down another pound!
    I'm losing slowly now, after stabilizing for a couple of weeks. I guess that's the way it goes. Lose, stabilize, regroup, lose some more.
    I'm not hungry yet, so I'll have a meal in a few hours, possibly just having dinner. Oh! Good news! Wife joined me for a walk on Monday! That was new! We didn't have a long (Paleo Charlie style) walk, but it was about 30 minutes, and plenty warm.
    Have a great week!
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Hi all!
    I walked this morning, sprinted on Hunter's Trail, and fasted for most of the day, eating only a handful of nuts at my wife's family's beach picnic this afternoon. If I remember to weigh-in tomorrow, I'll do it, otherwise it'll be later.
    This week has been an n=1 experiment for me: How does dairy affect me? I made a deal with myself, eat/drink as much dairy as I want, and I'll see what effect it has on my weight. Other factors are involved, but the effects should be negligible as they are fairly consistent: How much sleep am I getting, how much exercise, and the like. NO BOOZING at ALL for this week, so it should be interesting.
    I have a job interview tomorrow, so wish me luck!
    Cheers!

Hi everyone!
    I weighed before getting ready for my interview this morning, 1.5 pounds down. I'm now down 60 pounds! WHOO HOO!
    Wife, eldest son and I walked this evening, and we saw the two older ladies that walk in the late afternoon, out with their dogs. I've been seeing and talking to them by name for 8 months. One of them calls me "Charles", and the other one calls me "toes" (after my well-worn, black, Vibram Five-Fingers that I always wear on my walks, I LOVE THAT)!

I'm going to keep my n=1 experiment (about the dairy) going for another week. I figure 1 week just isn't a big enough data set (unless I start feeling REALLY WEIRD).

Since I'm already into next years goal by 9 pounds, I figure there's a little wiggle room for experimenting now.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 08-28-2012 at 11:31 AM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Charlie, hi - how did the interview go? I so hope you sailed through ! Good Luck
    Can't believe the inroads you are making. Fantastic stuff
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Thanks for the kind remarks Gwamma! (is that a Maori word, or just... Grandma? LOL!)
    I think I did alright. If it's a really good interviewer, you shouldn't have much idea how well you are doing at all.
    For me it all started with Jared Diamonds paper "The Worst Mistake in the History of the Human Race"
    After that for me, the grains and sugar just AREN'T FOOD!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 08-28-2012 at 11:27 AM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Charlie, no my name isn't a maori one. I just felt too young to be called Grandma, so thought ok lets be slightly askew ! The wee three year old gabbles on about gwamma all the time, so I must be doing something right !
    You are so right about the interviewer but good luck and keep us posted on the progress

...small steps....

LOL!
    Wife's telling me that my thermometer chart in my signature line needs updating. I'll update it to the 2013 goal when I get into 2013!

Today, I fasted and will eat normally tomorrow [hah! Normally for ME, fast: all day, in the evening: eat primally... steak and eggs, spinach salad, homemade pickles, a handful of raw almonds, a handful of frozen blueberries (yum-o!), etc.].
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 09-01-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi all!
    I weighed today and I'm down another pound.
    Dairy seems to be fine for me, but booze, not so much (maybe).
    I walked in the late morning (bleah, hot!), then ran some sprints on Hunter's Trail. Preparing for cramps in the calves tonight .
    We had beef and a big salad for dinner.
    Have an awesome week everyone!
    Cheers!

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast