Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 16

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi all!
    Tonight it's roasted tri-tip with salt and pepper, onions and carrots for flavoring only, wife's insistance. I am slow roasting it in the oven at 225 for 10 hours. I'm also going to roast a piece of salmon we have frozen for my daily dinner feast. I spent the better part of the day looking for a job (still unemployed). Yay. This looking-for-a-job thing is getting old. I'm ready to accept a postition from a recruiter at half my salary just to get some dang money coming in. Civilization is (sometimes) not all it's cracked up to be.
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Hi Everyone!
    I weighed this morning after a most-of-the-day fast, (bull3tpr*of coffee in the morning for a nice dose of Kerrygold unsalted butter fat), and a small salad for dinner...
    I'm down 2 1/2 pounds for the week!
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Hi everybody!
    I just got a reminder call for an interview I have tomorrow (at an insurance company).
    It's not likely an interview in the IT space, so I'm wary. Nobody EVER gets a reminder for their interview: Interviews are to EXCLUDE everyone but the absolute right person for the job.
    I'll interview anyway, but just for the experience.
    I think I'll pretend I don't know what is going on. I've noticed that insurance companies are data mining the job sites to get potential sales monkeys. This should be fun and interesting, and if not, I'll MAKE it fun and interesting.
    Let's see how much of THEIR time I can waste. Maybe I'll be stupid and interesting enough for someone to talk about it to their significant other tomorrow night!

I made primal chili tonight, but having it with a shot of bourbon on the side.
    I'll likely be down for the weigh-in next week, so... Whoo hoo!
    Cheers!

Hi All!
    I've been mostly eating in the evenings this week, doing the Warrior Diet style fast that Mark Sisson talked about. It seems to really be working for me. Today, I am breaking it up a bit by fasting all day, then I will have something little for breakfast tomorrow. Probably a little bit of vegetables.
    We'll see what the weigh-in is then.
    Cheers!

You're quite welcome!
    Cheers!

Hi all!
    Well I just weighed and I'm down another pound!
    I have a big pork shoulder cooking in the oven all day (at a low 250 degrees), that will be ready at 8:00 PM. Just in time to end my fast.
    Cheers!

UGH!
    I ate a semi-Paleo meal last night and I'm feeling a bit yucky. Had salad with toasted pita chips, no dressing, but birdseed product.
    Also had roasted chicken (delish!)
    Fasting today to get back into the groove. I'll have a small portion of roasted pork shoulder that I made on Monday.
    Cheers!

We went to Farrell's for my daughter's birthday celebration. I had the chopped Cobb salad, no dressing, whilst my family had burgers, Mac n cheese, big ice cream sundaes, etc. I honestly didn't need to resist: I don't eat that stuff.
    I'm on my walk now. When I'm done, I'll have some leftover pork shoulder.
    Cheers!

Hi all!
    Well, I weighed for the week and I'm flat. No progress this week. I'm not really surprised though. My parents came over on Saturday and my wife made chicken enchiladas, of course with corn tortillas. I had a little, and I mean little! She also made quinoa, with what SHE calls vegetables (corn, peas, green beans, and carrots). My neighbor and his family were going on vacation, so of course I had to help him by drinking lots of tequila and bourbon with him. MAN! I can't do that anymore. Boozing like I'm a young man just doesn't happen anymore!

This week will be much better. I am TOTALLY busy (between appointments and helping get the kids back to school this week).
    I barely had time for a much needed walk yesterday!
    Cheers!

Hi all!
    I'm off to eat lunch with a friend today. We'll go to In 'n Out and have "protein style" Double-Doubles (double cheese, double burger) wrapped in lettuce instead of buns.
    Not the most Paleo meals, but pretty close!
    Cheers!

Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast