Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 15

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi all!
    I made bacon for one kid's lunch and his and wife's breakfast.
    I took the other kiddos to breakfast and had only coffee, but had 4 pieces of bacon once I got home.
    We had dinner at a Mexican place near us and I had the Pollo con Queso (chicken, onions, and bacon covered in cheese), yummo!
    We then went to the park and played on the new equipment for a bit, attempting a real pull up.
    There really was a lot of cheese on that dish, so I'll try to take it easy tomorrow on the food side. I'm taking the wife's car in for an oil change, so I'll have an hour or so go get in a walk while it's being done.
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I know that 2 lbs don't really matter very much, but I gotta say I keep checking your journal waiting to see that day you hit your goal You're progress so far is really amazing. Congrats!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I know that 2 lbs don't really matter very much, but I gotta say I keep checking your journal waiting to see that day you hit your goal You're progress so far is really amazing. Congrats!
    LOL!
    Thanks Jammies!
    I'm getting there, albeit slowly...
    The oil change allowed me a walk and that was good, even in the 94F (34C) heat.
    I'm going to implement the Warrior Diet style of fasting that Mark Sisson wrote about a few months ago, starting today and going forward, likely adjusting a bit along the way. I haven't eaten yet, but will have a feast tonight (mmm, leftover Primal Texas Chili, and possibly a steak salad, with tomato, avocado and BACON, yummo!)
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 07-14-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Hi all!
    I just weighed myself and guess what... 249!
    Whoo Hoo!
    My 2012 goal CRUSHED!
    I didn't have steak salad or chili leftovers last night but had 2 BIG grilled beef ribs! Yummo!
    Fasting all day, until after 6PM or so, then will get in a walk, then salad and perhaps a piece of salmon.
    Cheers!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo Charlie View Post
    Hi all!
    I just weighed myself and guess what... 249!
    Whoo Hoo!
    My 2012 goal CRUSHED!
    I didn't have steak salad or chili leftovers last night but had 2 BIG grilled beef ribs! Yummo!
    Fasting all day, until after 6PM or so, then will get in a walk, then salad and perhaps a piece of salmon.
    Cheers!
    Woohoooo! I could tell from the very start of your journal that this WOE was going to be awesome for you. Congrats! Are you planning a photo in the before and after thread to celebrate?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Woohoooo! I could tell from the very start of your journal that this WOE was going to be awesome for you. Congrats! Are you planning a photo in the before and after thread to celebrate?
    Yep!
    First I gotta go shopping for clothes that are closer to fitting!

Cheers!

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations, Charlie! This is phenomenal Although your wife may not be on board with this "crazy diet", I'm sure she's enjoying the slimmer hubby in her house! Have a good rest of your week!
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Quote Originally Posted by anna-banana View Post
    Congratulations, Charlie! This is phenomenal Although your wife may not be on board with this "crazy diet", I'm sure she's enjoying the slimmer hubby in her house! Have a good rest of your week!
    Hi Anna,
    Thanks kiddo, I'm feeling great and looking better too! I still have a ways to go, but I'm already working toward my 2013 goal of another 50 lbs. to be down below 200.
    It will likely be harder slogging for this next go around, but I'm ready for it.
    Have a great weekend!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 07-21-2012 at 03:36 AM.

Hi All!
    I just weighed and YEAH!!! Down by another 2 lbs!
    This Warrior fast I've been doing is seeming to work well with me.

Tonight, I'll work up a big-effing-salad (take THAT Mark! LOL!), that the whole family will enjoy, complete with tomato, steak, bacon and bacon-grease-eggs!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 07-22-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, the salad-thing didn't happen. We went to a concert in the park that the city has every year on Sundays in the summer. The family voted for burgers from Wendy's, I had a cobb salad, not too bad, no dressing of course. Later at home I ate 2 patties grilled.

Today we'll go to the beach and who knows what the family will eat. I made bacon for all this morning, and a bacon-fat scrambled egg for one of my kids.

I have a tri-tip roast thawing, so that should be good for grilling later.
    Cheers!

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast