Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 14

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Don't overdo it with the fasting, Charlie! Otherwise your body is going to hold on to some fat thinking it won't get enough
    Hope you had a good 4th of July with the family!
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anna-banana View Post
    Don't overdo it with the fasting, Charlie! Otherwise your body is going to hold on to some fat thinking it won't get enough
    Hope you had a good 4th of July with the family!
    Hi Anna!
    4th was good, but a bit of a bust. We thought we'd take the kiddos to Dana Point (they have a nice Mother's Beach there, flat sand and no waves to knock kids over). Super busy. I think there was going to be fireworks over the water later. So we made the 50 minute drive back home.

I decided to change up my Intermittant Fasting routine, by skipping my normal Sunday fast and changing it with a Monday fast, to avoid weirdness with my wife on the weekend. I think Monday and Thursday or Friday should be fine.
    I'm also trying to eat in a 6 hour window, between 1PM and 7PM.
    I didn't get a walk in today, but will do a big one tomorrow. I was just starting to get to sleep when one of my kids woke me up because they had to pee. Now everyone is asleep and I'm wide awake!

Oh well, the morning is another day.
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Hi all!
    My wife just voiced a concern that "Some corn tortillas we have here are going to go bad soon."
    Is it just me or were they bad when she bought them?
    I honestly could care less on whether those Mexican style grain-plates expire. That's what they should be treated as, plates for really good food.

And now, for the weekly weigh-in, drum roll please...
    252. Dang. I'm annoyed, but not too surprised. Up by 1/2 pound. I ate dairy AND boozed this week, AND didn't walk enough, AND ate ONE non-paleo meal, AND it was after my 6 hour window.

Tough slogging, this last few pounds, but certainly doable. I'm really not worried. Sometimes it's muscle mass being put on, sometimes it's just my body re-assessing the situation. This time next week I'll likely be lighter.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 07-09-2012 at 07:38 AM.
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Hi all!
    I'm doing some homework into fasting today (linking back to Mark Sisson's article(s) several weeks back.
    It should prove interesting. I thought I would fast yesterday but promptly ignored it (due to my buddy, Anna-Banana's good advice at the top of this page).
    I took it easy, and had a Bul3tpro*ff coffee for breakfast and ate a lunch of 4 pieces of bacon and 4 eggs scrambled with chili powder and a little cayenne (Whew! That made me sweat!), and that was pretty much it for the day.
    Today I will study this fasting business, and take it easy (so far, 3 pieces of bacon and 2 slices of barbecued pork shoulder (man! I make it good!).

Cheers!

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Good to see you are still rocking it PC. Keep it going buddy.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Good to see you are still rocking it PC. Keep it going buddy.
    Hi Brother Bacon!
    Yeah, I'm almost there (1 year goal), I'll get it by Sunday and keep going! I'm attempting to keep the eating within a 6-8 hour window and fasting twice during the week.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo Charlie View Post
    Hi Brother Bacon!
    Yeah, I'm almost there (1 year goal), I'll get it by Sunday and keep going! I'm attempting to keep the eating within a 6-8 hour window and fasting twice during the week.
    Cheers!
    Oh, doing all that stuff I should be doing. Right on brother. Sadly, I am stuck in a holding pattern of my own stupidity...eat great one week, eat like crap the next, rinse and repeat. Glad one of us is doing this right.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Oh, doing all that stuff I should be doing. Right on brother. Sadly, I am stuck in a holding pattern of my own stupidity...eat great one week, eat like crap the next, rinse and repeat. Glad one of us is doing this right.
    Getting it right for now, bro. Wife is confused about ketosis and diabetic ketoacidosis, and thinks I'm damaging my liver by avoiding the birdseed. I haven't been diagnosed as diabetic, though it runs in my family to some extent.
    I sent her the above link (Google Search) to help un-confuse her, but we'll see.
    Cheers!

Yeah, that seems to be confusing for many, especially since those who are pushing the CW like to use the two interchangably as if there is no difference. Smoke and mirrors and all that. Hopefully you can square your wife away.

Yoiks!
    I need to get in a walk!
    I had a 3 pieces of bacon and a BIG scramble with chili powder and cayenne for breakfast ~11:30AM and now it's ~7PM and I'm not a bit hungry! Whoo hoo!
    Where th' heck are my Vibrams?
    Cheers!

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast