Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 13

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    It really feels good when you reach a self set milestone. I've passed my 20kgs in the first 12 months (started 15 August 2011) and it is so encouraging. Look forward to your under 250 post!
    Hi Odille!
    It does feel pretty good, getting close to this year's goal. After I hit it (hopefully Monday), I'll post a January photo, and a June photo so everyone can see what's happened!
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Here's a linkback to my beginning in the Primal Blueprint

Hi All!
    Well, I weighed just now (~8:00AM) and I'm down a pound. WHOO HOO!
    It's not what I was expecting, as I at a LOT of cheese this week, and not much boozing (glass of merlot here and there, couple of shots of tequila or potato vodka there).
    I re-read a section of The Primal Blueprint 21-Day Total Body Transformation a few days ago and I quote: "Note that alcohol calories (at seven per gram) are devoid of nutritional value and are generally the first to burn when ingested, which means burning of stored fat is interrupted while you indulge." There it is, on page 122.

Dang.
    I thought I could get away with a shot here or there and still keep burning. Wrong-o.
    Dang again.
    Still, it's a positive week, down a pound and plenty of stuff (work outside in the yard, preparing for (wife's) family beach day (washing out coolers, etc.), library activities [Whoo Hoo! Today is "Lego day!"] to do with the kiddos this week.
    Breakfast will be about 1PM, after wife gets home from work. She's thinking I'm a bit of a weirdo these days, but she new I was weird when she married me.
    Have a great day, y'all!
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Thanks Anthony!
    We're getting there brother!
    Cheers!

Hi All!
    Yesterday the kiddos and I walked at the mall. It wasn't really satisfying as a walk, but I saw something I just could not believe... Hot Cheetos smothered in nacho cheese sauce. BLEAH! The thought of it is completely turning my stomach now, though I likely would have thought it was awesome a year ago. I took a picture though...Cheetos & Cheese.jpg.
    Yeah, THAT'S got to be good for you. Strangely enough, it's likely that the semi-food, pseudo-cheese product sauce (disgusting as it is) is probably the best thing for you in this dish.
    After 6 months of eating primal, real meat and vegetables, this snack comes across as just gross.
    Cheers!

Well folks, where to begin?
    Friday night we went to a family gathering at Bolsa Chica State Beach, windy and cold as usual. The family had hot dogs, hummus, chips, smores, etc. I had tomatoes and cucumbers. I had eaten a REALLY big piece of roast pork shoulder just before leaving the house, so I was good to go.
    Fasting today. Whoo Hoo!
    Cheers!

Well folks, where to begin?
    Friday night we went to a family gathering at Bolsa Chica State Beach, windy and cold as usual. The family had hot dogs, hummus, chips, smores, etc. I had tomatoes and cucumbers. I had eaten a REALLY big piece of roast pork shoulder just before leaving the house, so I was good to go.
    Fasting today. Whoo Hoo!
    Cheers!

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Well done Charlie - preparation is everything!
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Thanks Odille!
    Cheers!

Hi Everyone!
    I weighed this morning and guess what... down another pound.
    Hard slugging through this patch, a fairly flat period.
    I'll try to get in a walk today before working at a client's house tonight, with dinner. It's mostly healthy, but definately not paleo/primal.
    Fasting tomorrow for sure.
    Cheers!

PrimalCon New York
    Hi all!
    I'm fasting today, while making Primal Texas Chili.
    Last night, (at a client's house) I had: White rice, BBQ pork ribs slathered in a sugary BBQ sauce, Chinese chicken salad with the god-knows-what-kind-of-oil and sugary dressing already poured on [dang]. I broke WAY too many rules last night: No grains, no weird oils, no sugar, eat within a 6 hour window.
    Fasting today is good, though wife is thinking I'm weird.

I just now thought of what could be slowing down my weight loss: I haven't had any fish in a while!
    I'll break my fast with some kippers tomorrow!

Cheers!

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast