Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 364

Thread: Just starting out page 12

  1. #111
    jammies's Avatar
    jammies is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,522
    Shop Now
    Congrats on your amazing success so far! I notice you are almost at your goal weight - that is very impressive

    Homemade pickles rock - I would have never guessed you could have too much garlic!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

    http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

  2. #112
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,509
    Thanks for the pickle link. My wife eats the hell out of those things.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Account closed
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Thanks for the pickle link. My wife eats the hell out of those things.
    And when you say she eats the hell outta pickles, you mean...

  4. #114
    Paleo Charlie's Avatar
    Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Glendora, CA
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Congrats on your amazing success so far! I notice you are almost at your goal weight - that is very impressive

    Homemade pickles rock - I would have never guessed you could have too much garlic!
    Yeah, I made the recipe in the link and simply quadrupled it (it was for a big jar, for the fridge in the garage). Way, WAY too much garlic. I ate a pickle early yesterday afternoon, and later after getting ready for bed, zoomed in on wifey for a goodnight kiss, and BLEAH! She smelled me coming, teeth brushed, without me even breathing!

    I saw an AMAZING photo of some pickles (with grape leaves thrown in [tannins keep the pickles crispy?] from one of my favorite podcasters, Angelo Coppela (Latest in Paleo on Facebook). (Latest in Paleo) where I first heard about Mark Sisson and Mark's Daily Apple.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 06-15-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

    "Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

  5. #115
    Paleo Charlie's Avatar
    Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Glendora, CA
    Posts
    301
    Hi everyone!
    Today, I had a big (5 egg) omlette and 6 pieces of apple wood smoked bacon. I may avoid that in the future, as one of the curing ingredients was brown sugar. Small quantities, I'm sure. I ate that at approximately noon-thirty, walked with the kiddos to Wal-Mart, and stuck to water (with the exception of a shot of tequila, and a small glass of merlot) the rest of the day. Tomorrow, I'll fast.
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

    "Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

  6. #116
    Paleo Charlie's Avatar
    Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Glendora, CA
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo Charlie View Post
    Yeah, I made the recipe in the link and simply quadrupled it (it was for a big jar, for the fridge in the garage). Way, WAY too much garlic. I ate a pickle early yesterday afternoon, and later after getting ready for bed, zoomed in on wifey for a goodnight kiss, and BLEAH! She smelled me coming, teeth brushed, without me even breathing!

    I saw an AMAZING photo of some pickles (with grape leaves thrown in [tannins keep the pickles crispy?] from one of my favorite podcasters, Angelo Coppela (Latest in Paleo on Facebook). (Latest in Paleo) where I first heard about Mark Sisson and Mark's Daily Apple.
    Cheers!
    Hi everyone!
    I'll post the link for those killer looking pickles (with the grape leaves) that Angleo Coppela has on his facebook page as soon as he posts it.
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

    "Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

  7. #117
    Paleo Charlie's Avatar
    Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Glendora, CA
    Posts
    301
    Whoo Hoo!
    I'm back on track again!
    I'm down to 253.5! Three and a half pounds to go! 250 is my 2012 goal, but I'm not stopping!
    I fasted yesterday. I will have breakfast at about 1:30PM: Bacon (8 pieces) and Eggs (4-5)!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 06-18-2012 at 07:26 AM.
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

    "Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

  8. #118
    aloerob's Avatar
    aloerob is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    36
    Charlie,

    Just read your entire thread... It's as if I can sense your excitement growing as the calendar turns. Congrats on the success and fortitude to stick with it in a less than supportive environment. I find my self in a similar situation and it seems the same vice.... a good buzz. Anyhow, I have been primal for 14 days with a bad day saturday... watched some golf and whacked down some beers... I can't describe how awful I felt yesterday... and not the hangover type awful... just puffy, my eyes hurt and my sinuses are still somewhat stuffed. Amazing how quickly things can change. Keep up the fight and again, congrats... you are now one of the inspirations on this site.

  9. #119
    Analog6's Avatar
    Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Posts
    647
    It really feels good when you reach a self set milestone. I've passed my 20kgs in the first 12 months (started 15 August 2011) and it is so encouraging. Look forward to your under 250 post!
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

    My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

  10. #120
    Paleo Charlie's Avatar
    Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Glendora, CA
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by aloerob View Post
    Charlie,

    Just read your entire thread... It's as if I can sense your excitement growing as the calendar turns. Congrats on the success and fortitude to stick with it in a less than supportive environment. I find my self in a similar situation and it seems the same vice.... a good buzz. Anyhow, I have been primal for 14 days with a bad day saturday... watched some golf and whacked down some beers... I can't describe how awful I felt yesterday... and not the hangover type awful... just puffy, my eyes hurt and my sinuses are still somewhat stuffed. Amazing how quickly things can change. Keep up the fight and again, congrats... you are now one of the inspirations on this site.
    Thanks Aloerob!
    Yeah, I like to drink, no secret there. I'm trying, and I think THAT is likely more important than success first time, never failing, blah, blah, blah. And here's what I mean: A failure and redemption story is way better than a story of never failing, never F-ing up, never having a problem. The community here is so easy-going and ready with a quick tip or help on a subject, that absolutely failing never even crossed my mind. Of course my wife thinks I'm under-nourished, having completely eliminated a whole food group, and the base of the government's food pyramid. It's just food for birds and some rodents, not people.
    Hang in there, we're all going to make it!
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

    "Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •