Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 11

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Good to hear your toe is healing, not so much on the annoyed wife lol. She's not down with the one meal plan?
    Naw bro, she likes the weight loss, but thinks I'm undernourished (and more than slightly crazy) for completely dropping a "food group" [birdseed].
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Whoo Hoo! Back on track!
    I'm back down to 257.5, and have to now drill ANOTHER hole in my new belt! Oh! What a calamity!
    I'll likely have breakfast at about 1PM or so, after picking up the boys from school. Minimum days this week. They'll like coming home and having Dad cook BACON!!! My younger son will be grossed out by my following the bacon with 4 or 5 eggs cooking in the bacon grease. However, he won't refuse a portion!
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Such a clamity having to make another hole in the belt! Sure feels good though, I'll bet. Keep up the good works in educating the kids by example. Tell the wife this old bird said birdseed is NOT a food group - not for humans anyway.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Hi Odille!
    Yeah, she's not buying it... not yet at any rate.
    I had breakfast at ~1:30PM or so... and here it is!
    Breakfast.jpg
    8 pieces of bacon, and 5 eggs. I was hungry!
    Dinner was a lovely piece of grilled salmon with chili powder, nice and crispy skin, delicious... and here THAT is!
    Dinner.jpg
    Cheers!

Well folks, I'm fasting for most of the day in preparation for tonight's activities.

I'm going to a long-time client's house to help him with a big report for his work. Report for him, $$$ for me!
    I will also be joining him and his wife for dinner. Hopefully, they are starting to get that I don't eat grain products. I will eat what is presented. Last time it was lovely stuffed salmon (salmon, shrimp/crab, and certainly grain of some kind). Tasty, but not completely paleo/primal. Everything else was fine, salad, steamed broccoli and the like.
    This time, who knows?
    Good luck to us all!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 06-06-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Aww, nope!

Back home, fulla non-primal pseudo-food. Bleah.
    Hmm. I've been playing with Linux too long, I almost spelled "sudo" instead of pseudo! LOL!
    For those that don't know, here's the wikipedia.org explaination of "sudo":
    Sudo is a program for Unix-like computer operating systems that allows users to run programs with the security privileges of another user (normally the superuser, or root)
    A good example of sudo:
    ME: "Grill me a steak!"
    YOU: "What? Forget you!"
    ME: "Sudo Grill me a steak!"
    YOU: "Okay."
    Sorry, slight divergence...
    Well, dinner tonight at my long-time client's was... pretty darn non-paleo/primal. Crock-pot teriyaki (spelled: sugar) chicken, rice, salad: brocolli (good), white raisins (good), walnuts (good) dressing (no bueno).

Tomorrow I'll fast all day.

BTW, I picked up an app for my iPhone that I like a lot: Pushup Warrior! That guy (Martin Rooney) has 100+ ways to do pushups! I tried the "Elbow to Ground" pushups today. WOW! I felt that! went from a up pushup position to the plank, with elbows on the floor, back up to an up position. I honestly can't see myself getting bored doing pushups again! Pushups are back in my routine! I've been walking at least 30 minutes daily, and doing my attempt at a pull-up every time I walk by the pull-up bar in the hall (getting better!). It's time to get serious about the workout area of my health.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 06-06-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Howdy folks!
    Today is the first day of my kids (3) summer vacation. Since I'm the unemployed one, I get to stay home with them. Yay. I couldn't go 10 minutes without at least one of them asking me for something. All. Day. Long. I'm beat.
    I cooked a pound of bacon and had 6 slices, kids had the rest. I also cooked bacon wrapped drumsticks and ate a few of those. That was pretty much it in the way of food today. I didn't get a walk in, but will remedy that tomorrow with a trip for us to the park. The girl will play, the youngest son will play with her, the eldest will walk and think, and so will I!
    Cheers!

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Looks like you'll be keeping busy with the kids, Charlie! That may burn some extra calories
    I love it that you frequently make the bacon wrapped drumsticks! Have a great weekend!
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Quote Originally Posted by anna-banana View Post
    Looks like you'll be keeping busy with the kids, Charlie! That may burn some extra calories
    I love it that you frequently make the bacon wrapped drumsticks! Have a great weekend!
    Thanks for that recipe Anna!
    I weighed this morning, and dangit I'm FLAT for the week! No big surprise, I ate burgers at my brother's, no buns but cheese-stuff (I REALLY doubt American cheese has anything recognizable as cheese in it.)
    I also was boozing, sure it was tequila and merlot. Well, this week will be better. I have 2 kiddos home, the eldest in summer school until the early afternoon. Wife had photos at Sam's Club, so I'll make the excuse that we need water(s) and make a trip, park the van, walk for 20 minutes, then go into Sam's and kick ass on the shopping list. Knock the whole thing out in less than 40 minutes and be back with the fam.
    Cheers!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I made naturally fermented pickles last Wednesday.
    I sent some to work with my wife today, the overwhelming verdict from wife and co-workers (I sent along a Claussen pickle to compare)... too much garlic---> Paleo Charlie. Oh Daing!
    I'll get it right, anyone got another recipe? Likely I need a minor tweak!
    I absolutely LOVE the brine pickles that they have at Canter's Deli in Fairfax, the bloody best!
    -C
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 06-12-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast