Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Just starting out page 10

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by anna-banana View Post
    Your weight loss has been incredible, Charlie! I hope your foot is healing quickly so you can get in some longer walks again!

Have a great rest of your week,
    Anna
    Hi Anna, and thanks!
    My toesies are feeling a bit better, but certainly not 100%.
    I put on my Vibrams and got a good walk to the market today to get a few things, staying away from the center aisles!
    You have a great rest of your week (and likely weekend too)!
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Good day, y'all!
    I weighed in this morning and guess what? Flat. No progress. No surprise, I ate several slices of cheese this week, ate a semi-paleo chicken salad with my parents at their favorite restaurant, and was boozing Friday night. That'll do it.
    This week will be much better, no booze, no cheese, and no semi-paleo anything.
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Well, wrong again.
    I thought I could be completely paleo this week, but nope. I worked at a client site on Wednesday and let him buy me lunch: Chicken Caesar salad (no dressing or croutons of course), but there was WAY too much parmasan cheese on it. Follow that with a trip to a conference to discuss curriculum at a technical school (wow, why did they invite me?), dinner included. I had broccolli and what I thought was just grilled chicken. Wrong, teriyaki! Bleah. I managed to avoid all the other grain product (pronounced: birdseed) there: rice & noodles.

I fasted Thursday and ate light Friday (bacon, eggs and not much else). Lately, I've been mixing up my fasting by eating two days (after 12Pm, keeping my consumption in a 6 hour window), fasting the following day, and repeating. I think it's ok, but we'll find out on Monday when I weigh in.
    I will fast tomorrow. I have managed to avoid any booze this week (sorry, not even red wine and dark chocolate). BTW, I found some 99% dark chocolate at Cost Plus World Market, really good but don't expect sweet.

My wife is somewhat perplexed that I would completely eliminate a "food group" (grains). I've explained my position, but to no avail. This is a split house. Me:Everyone else.

Good luck to us all in the following week!
    Cheers!

Well I weighed in just now at 257.5 (Whoo Hoo!) Avoiding booze and dairy, and fasting after 2 eating days helped! I'm down 4 1/2 lbs!
    My broken toe(s) is/are feeling better so I've been increasing my walking.
    I'll add my long term goal to my tracker (<200lbs) after I achieve my short-mid term goal (=250).
    Good luck to us all!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 05-21-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Well, after a terrific morning, I had breakfast at 1PM
    photo(1).jpg
    A very chewy chuck steak, and 4 eggs. All cooked in the bacon grease from cooking bacon for the kids' breakfasts and lunches.
    MMMMMMM.
    Dinner today... Who knows? It's 5:30 and I'm not one bit hungry, at ALL!
    Cheers!

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Big piece of meat and eggs - that is what I am talking about. You are kicking major ass man. I am much impressed.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Big piece of meat and eggs - that is what I am talking about. You are kicking major ass man. I am much impressed.
    Thanks brother!
    You're impressing me too!

Well folks, I'm heading into Friday afternoon and the pattern for yesterday and so far today is: Wake up, get kiddos ready (bacon for breakfast & lunches!), kids to school, 40-60 min. walk while it's cool, stay busy [1PM] eat a handful of frozen blueberries (yum!), stay busy, eat the leftover Primal Texas Chili (Whew! That's SPICY, +1TBS of Cayenne!) for dinner.
    It's almost 1PM now and I really don't feel hungry!
    So, not eating!
    Have a great long weekend everyone!
    Cheers!

Well great. I weighed myself yesterday morning and I'm up a pound and a half. I'm not worried, but I think it's the booze. I did a little homework into what it was that I'm drinking: Vodka, grain based. Yeah. Ignoring the booze and getting a bit of the walking happening every day again. My broken toe feels a lot better, so that's helpful.
    I had a big (5 egg) scramble for breakfast yesterday (1:30 PM!) with some sliced tri-tip. I seem to be getting down to one real meal per day, with possibly a snack or two later on. Wife is annoyed!
    Cheers!

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Good to hear your toe is healing, not so much on the annoyed wife lol. She's not down with the one meal plan?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast