Thread: So far....not bad page

tabby is offline Junior Member

So far....not bad

Primal Fuel
    51 year old male living in NJ. Started my adventure late October 2011 when i started a 3x per week "bootcamp" regimen. Weighed 258 and 23% body fat. I slowly increased compliance to the primal diet and have completely eliminated bread, processed food and sugar. Last week I was 247 and 20% body fat.

I was motivated to get in shape for the ski season, but have become enthusiastic with the "bootcamp" workouts....group interval training. 10 minutes dynamic stretching; 40 minutes intense intervals; ending with 10 minutes of yoga stretching. As well as MDA and the primal diet.

It's been fun to eat the primal foods I've been avoiding for 20 years, namely, steak, eggs, pork and dark chocolate. I do miss bread dearly; but I'll get over it.

I've been training with a partner who started at the same weight/body fat. He has managed to add 4lbs. of muscle and lost 2% more body fat. The main difference in our routines is his use of protein supplements/vitamins after workouts....I have since added a Whey protein drink; "Damage Control" and Fish Oil with hopes of getting more lean and catching up/passing him!

I have been somewhat disappointed in not feeling that fresh feeling of energy despite my weight loss and new fitness. I've been adding quantity and variety to my diet to try and offset my tiredness. I have to admit however, my skiing was more powerful and my recoveries significantly faster (minimal soreness the next day).

Look forward to being a member of this community!!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Hi there and welcome
    How much sleep are you getting at night?

tabby is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Hi there and welcome
    How much sleep are you getting at night?
    8-9 hours. 3-4 bathroom calls/night however! Over hydrating from workouts?