Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Journal (The journey of the red-headed caveman) page 2

BuffaloGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Winter Blues....I don't have them!!

Not sure what is going on, but for the first time in memory, I do not have that typical Buffalo, mid-winter depression feeling. I can guess it stems from the following reasons:

I have dialed in my diet and am no longer stressing about carbs.
    I am dating someone that has totally embraced paleo eating and a way of life, which makes things much easier.
    8,000Iu Vitamin D. Hell yes!
    I am no longer killing myself in the gym and seeing better gains because of it

Good feelings going into the weekend!!
    My Leangains Journey

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    I would agree it's the diet and less stress, because it couldn't be that the Bills did anything this season... again! Haha jokin with ya- that's great BG, keep it up!
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Cooked the gf one of my favorite primal meals this weekend: Everyday Paleo's apple porkchops! If you have not yet tried this recipe, it is delicious, really easy and you can really dress it up for presentation sake. I paired it with roasted brussel sprouts and bacon and some maple glazed carrots.

Dinner was great and we spent a nice evening getting dressed up and going out to the buffalo philharmonic to celebrate Mozart's birthday. I've never really been one for classical music but I have to say it was an all around impressive show and I enjoyed the featured violinist.
    My Leangains Journey

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

I have a confession. I have an obsession. Chipotle cilantro-lime rice might be one of my most favortie foods in the entire world and I will never give it up. That said, I have confirmed with a worker that they use some franken-oils in making the said rice, so I went on a quest to make my own based on some google searches.

After tweaking over the last few months, I must say I have come up with the perfect re-creation to the rice and some people have actually said may be better than the original.

Ingredients:

1 cups basmati rice
    2 cups hot water
    Macadamia nut oil
    2 bay leaves
    1 tsp sea salt
    1 whole lime, juiced
    3 Tbs cilantro, diced fine

Add a little mac oil to the botton of the pan and toast the rice for a couple of minutes. Just want to bring out the great notes of the rice, not actually do any browning. Add water and 2 bay leaves and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn head to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, leave the lid on and allow to steam for another 30 minutes with the heat OFF. Remove the lid and discard the bay leaves. Mix lime juice and salt in seperate cotainer and pour over rice. Toss to coat the whole mixture, then add cilantro.

Delicious!!

Slow down....sloooowwwww dowwwwnnnn. That has been my personal challenge as of late. I feel like since graduating from college I have been flying through everything in life:

Working faster and harder to get promoted faster, just to work more hours and enjoy life a little less.
    Eat faster, shower faster, drive to where I am going faster, even workout (crossfit) faster.

Well, it's time for a change. Time to start slowing down and enjoying the finer things in a life a little bit more. It's time to start saying "Sorry, but no" to more people to get things done the way I want them done.

Ate 2 bite-sized reese cups last night....because I wanted to!! WahhhhhhhWahhhhhh.....I hear the paleo police coming to take me away!!
    My Leangains Journey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12