Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eating the forbidden foods... page 2

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

yeah soymilk = ew. I "liked" it for a period of time in college but um... no.

Sometimes I think we condition ourselves to THINK we're enjoying something ("OMG fat-free sour cream tastes EXACTLY like the real thing! And look at all the calories I'm saving!" was me pre-primal) but once we re-evaluate it's easy to see (and taste) that we're deceiving ourselves.

There is a reason I lick the spoon now after putting sour cream in/on something... and didn't when it was fat-free "sour cream."

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

With ya on that, FNW.

Body just WANTS it...who am I to argue?

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

heck yeah... you know that CW-riddled pregnancy board I frequent and sometimes bitch about?

There was a girl on there who was OMGSOEMBARASSED to admit that she had been craving full-fat sour cream, straight out of the tub like yogurt. And I was like...mmm... sounds good. And so healthy!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

hippie_mama is offline Member

Jess: 2 days, lol.

slesca is offline Senior Member
    Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city

Heehee, FNW, that's one of the (few, imho) likeable things about pregnancy- no one questions me when I put LOTS of butter on my broccoli or heavy cream in my coffee.

I wholeheartedly agree with the basis of this thread. I've never been a big sugar-craver, but I've always wanted more butter/cream/cheese/nuts. And, it turns out, I love steak! I just never "allowed" myself to eat it.

Stabby is offline Senior Member

Today I went to the supermarket. Egg whites, extra lean "healthy" chicken (like 95% protein), margarine, and 1% milk elicited many a chuckle.

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member

Not gonna lie, I miss eating bread/grains sometimes.

BUT on the rare occasion when I do, I'm quickly reminded of why primal is so much better ... for example, the other day I was in a hurry to get to the slopes right when the lifts opened, so I ate a packet of oatmeal for breakfast (not even oatmeal with sugar, just plain oatmeal with a few walnuts/cranberries thrown in for fun). And within the first hour of snowboarding, I was hungry again.

I like being able to not eat large quantities of food and still feel satiated.

Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

noisyninja is offline Junior Member

I'm just shy of a full week in. I'm missing foods badly, particularly things like mashed potatoes and fried foods. It's hard to stay away.

We shall see. Reading stuff like this helps me get through it

CrossFix Guest

soy milk has been known to raise estrogen levels and increase nipple sensitivity in males... guys be aware, be very aware.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

You go through the withdrawl for about 2 weeks... where you just feel like something is missing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12