Thread: Isabell Journal page

JanSz is offline Senior Member

Isabell Journal

Primal Fuel
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post677194

Quote Originally Posted by Isabell
    Dr. K (or JanSz or other super-bio hackers)

If one is uninsured and little resources currently due to disability what are the top 5 tests to get regarding your latest blog post regarding FM. I've been on the Leptin RX for more than 3 weeks now. I have been diagnosed with FM, Chronic Fatigue, adrenal fatigue, rapid gain of 100+ pounds (over 6 month period), sleep problems that include never reaching the deepest 2 levels of sleep, hypothyroid, cortisol abnormalities.

I have current regular HDL, LDL, thyroid and HS CRP results (all now within acceptable ranges per my doc's office. My noon cortisol is extremely low thought the rest are within range.

From reading and re-reading your latest blog post (which is very exciting to me) it seems that I don't need to go into whether I have Lyme also since it will be there regardless for the rest of life if you do have it. Since I have the leaky gut, FM, Chronic Fatigue, Sleep problems, adrenal fatigue and rapid weight gain and I am losing weight easily on the Leptin RX... which 5 tests do you recommend for me to biohack myself?

And can you provide a link or resources to figure out what all the results mean? For example, one of the tests I wanted to get is an NMR or VAP in order to see the state of my leaky gut. I REALLY want to know how to read those test results to see if my gut is healed or what state it is now in.

Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    FM is the worst hack cause it requires the most testing......very costly. I would say HS CRP, Vitamin D and alpha MSH
    Isabell--------->woman
    on disability------>ie; not working, able to make any schedule
    uninsured and little resources

At LabCorp do these tests on day 3-4 of your menstrual cycle:
    arrive at LabCorp 6:30AM, they open at 7AM, you will be first.

1---pregnenolone
    2---progesterone
    3---DHEAs
    4---Estradiol, sensitive
    5---Cortisol-(7:30AM)

Likely you will be low on 1-3 and 5
    You task will be to raise them because that will increase raw material for your currently low morning cortisol.

You will be using
    pregnenolone MLM (Micronized Lipid Matrix) from Nutricology
    DHEA from Lef.org
    7ketoDHEA from lef.org
    and ---->stay away from progesterone (at least if first 16 days of your cycle, preferably all the time)

We will talk about the rest when you get test results.
    You will have to organize your self.
    Testing of above 5 items will have to happen every 2 months, until you are declared as stabilized.
    You must match the 2 months schedule and 3-4 day of your cycle.
    That will require some forethought.

PM me when you get results, so there is no time wasted.
    In that PM post link to where you have published your test results
    date blood was drawn, what was the day of your cycle on that day
    do not post if you do not have complete results of above 5 items
    post name of analyte, value, units, range

=====================================
    It is good that you are on Leptin RX.

That alone should restore your sleeping pattern.

Lets write it down:

10PM you are in the bed, in completely dark room
    8AM wakeup time
    first 10 minutes you are looking at the sun, your eyes are looking at 2-3 fingers below center of the sun
    next 20 minutes, keep looking at the sun and eat breakfast (that you prepared yesterday)
    eat until full and then some
    --
    Lunch, maybe
    --
    4-6PM dinner
    --
    do not eat after dinner, no snacking

preferably eat only
    eggs
    bacon
    beef
    butter, ghee
    coconut oil
    brocoli, spinach
    green tea
    coffe
    sea salt, black pepper, garlic, turmeric, cinamon,
    make you own sourcraut, eat it raw
    tap water

I suggest that for 2012 you concentrate on Leptin RX
    Do not declare your self reset (for long time, very long time).

If you have any $ left, get these:

Now Foods, DHA-500, 500 DHA / 250 EPA
    Now Foods Krill Oil 500mg
    NOW® Super Primrose Oil 1300mg 120 sgels (GLA)
    Country Life Betaine Hydrochloride with Pepsin -- 600 mg - 250 Tablets
    5 drops/day Biotic Research Bio-D-Mulsion Forte
    2/day--> Super Selenium Complex, 200 mcg
    10/day spread every 1-2 hrs CarlsonVitamin K2 Menatetrenone 5mg

//////

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post677672

Quote Originally Posted by Isabell View Post
    I teared up reading this because it is my own personal road map, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking time to do this!

Good news, I have all the supplements you recommended except the Betaine and the Bio-D-Mulsion Forte, I've read many of your prior posts AND except for the Sourcraut that is exactly what I am eating. I also add in colored veggies like summer squash and pumpkin (a bit) every day. I keep my carbs at 25 or below and I am in ketosis.

I just got blue blocker glasses to start wearing around 7 pm to get myself to acclimate to the circadian schedule. It is VERY difficult because my pain level controls my ability to sleep, but my doc has me on progesterone 100 mg at night to sleep. I also added 500 mg magnesium malate and 6 mg of melatonin. And I take a warm bath with either epson salt or ACV. I sleep with a sleep mask over my eyes.

I already don't need lunch and I automatically wake up around 7 or 8 if I am able to get to sleep at a decent hour. Often I get up around 7 and eat breakfast and then about an 1 1/2 later I go back to sleep for a couple hours. I blast my eyes with bright light inside, but I'm up north so most days are not sunny although today I sat outside and let the sun beat down on my face.

I think the circadian cycle will come around when the pain levels body-wide goes down. My body seems to want to follow it - which is exciting

I truly am excited to hack this thing! One doc said it was unlikely this would ever improve and I refused to accept that and kept looking for a solution. I have NO idea what path led me to this site and the Leptin RX 4 weeks later here in this forum but it is like finding the Holy Grail for healing.

Thank you so much again! I will PM you when I get the results
    progesterone may interfere with more correct Steroid Hormone Panel.
    At this time keep using it,
    but you will want to see results of the 5 tests for future decisions.

Eventually you will want to replace all or most of progesterone with pregnenolone supplementation (hoping that preg will naturally metabolize into sufficient naturally regulated, progesterone).

For sleep, in his book Your blood test doesn't lie, dr Dzugan is using combination:
    melatonin 3mg
    kava root extract 250mg
    vit B6 10mg

Thanks to coleencoble, there is such a combination:

MetaRest NutriBiotic

or just individual componnents.

I am not a doctor.

Last edited by JanSz; 01-11-2012 at 06:21 AM.

Isabell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post677672

progesterone may interfere with more correct Steroid Hormone Panel.
    At this time keep using it,
    but you will want to see results of the 5 tests for future decisions..
    Have a couple questions on this. My doc said I am only on it for insomnia. He did not test levels of it. He did test levels of Estrogen and Testosterone both which were practically undetectable. He had me on a testosterone/estrogen bio-identical cream, but I've been off of it for 6 months due to cost at the time I needed to try the Armour he wanted to start me on. Now I see I may have been better off staying on the cream and testing the progesterone and prednenolone levels before starting the Armour. Honestly, I don't see any difference on the 60mg of Armour except I am sleeping deeper. So maybe it would be a good idea to go ahead with that plan now and stop taking the progesterone and switch to the MetaRest NutriBiotic? That's what I'm thinking. I'm sure my doc will be fine with this also. He is really good about allowing me to try new treatments.

Eventually you will want to replace all or most of progesterone with pregnenolone supplementation (hoping that preg will naturally metabolize into sufficient naturally regulated, progesterone).
    How will dosage be determined if I am low ( and I'm sure I am )? Is there a reference chart somewhere?

For sleep, in his book Your blood test doesn't lie, dr Dzugan is using combination:
    melatonin 3mg
    kava root extract 250mg
    vit B6 10mg

Thanks to coleencoble, there is such a combination:

MetaRest NutriBiotic

or just individual componnents.
    I got the book, picked up a copy from Amazon.

I am not a doctor.

neither am I, but it's so nice we can discuss these conditions to work with doctors who ARE interested in "do no harm" still and in actually healing their patients instead of checking boxes and prescribing chemicals to cover up chronic symptoms instead of doing the really hard work of helping a patient get well again.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post677194

Isabell--------->woman
    on disability------>ie; not working, able to make any schedule
    uninsured and little resources
    At LabCorp do these tests on day 3-4 of your menstrual cycle:

1---pregnenolone
    2---progesterone
    3---DHEAs
    4---Estradiol, sensitive
    5---Cortisol-(7:30AM)

Likely you will be low on 1-3 and 5
    You task will be to raise them because that will increase raw material for your currently low morning cortisol
    I am post-menopausal. Had a hysterectomy but per lab tests my doc says that the ovaries that were left in are no longer functioning as a pre-menopausal woman.

So, should I get the 4---Estradiol, sensitive? Or a full estrogen panel. On Labcorp's site which test number? I got all the others but even if it is the full estrogen I could not find the right one

Also, based on Dr. Kruse's last blog post regarding the Lyme/Fibro/CFS pathway I do want to include tests from there in addition. I'll post a separate post regarding that part.

I am post-menopausal. Had a hysterectomy but per lab tests my doc says that the ovaries that were left in are no longer functioning as a pre-menopausal woman.

So, should I get the 4---Estradiol, sensitive? Or a full estrogen panel. On Labcorp's site which test number? I got all the others but even if it is the full estrogen I could not find the right one

Also, based on Dr. Kruse's last blog post regarding the Lyme/Fibro/CFS pathway I do want to include tests from there in addition. I'll post a separate post regarding that part.
    Isabell;
    we need consistency in approach.

You have asked to lead you thru using 5 tests (disability, lack of insurance and resources).
    I am trying to accommodate protocol to your situation.
    I have already changed you wish, I designed for 5 tests, but, you have to repeat them every two months until stabilized.

post-menopausal
    hysterectomy --- no uterus
    ovaries present but no longer functioning

At LabCorp do these tests on day 1-4 of calendar month.

1 --- pregnenolone
    2 --- progesterone
    3 --- DHEAs
    4 --- Estrone (E1)
    5 --- Estradiol, sensitive (E2)
    6 --- Estriol (E3)
    7 --- Total estrogens
    8 --- Testosterone
    9 --- Cortisol-(7:30AM)

You should take pills, for now only pills, much better working, easier to live with, usually over the counter.

pregnenolone, DHEA & 7ketoDHEA as described above in previous post.

Your first goal will be to
    raise DHEAs to desirable high level Women 275-400 μg/dL
    raise pregnenolone, but really be more preoccupied with progesterone level.

in first phase, or forever, you will plan on staying progesterone=15ng/mL

according to your success in doing above,
    you will judge your estroges levels.

Each estrogen and (Total Estrogens)
    will need to be evaluated individually, in total and in their proportion to progesterone levels.

Many women, (including collencoble) are on steady prog & estrogen levels, day in day out.

There is more complicated version, attempting to replicate monthly cycle.
    Not sure how that would work in absence of uterus, with uterus present there may be some monthly bleeding.

Last edited by JanSz; 01-13-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Isabell;
    we need consistency in approach.

You have asked to lead you thru using 5 tests (disability, lack of insurance and resources).
    I am trying to accommodate protocol to your situation.
    I have already changed you wish, I designed for 5 tests, but, you have to repeat them every two months until stabilized.

post-menopausal
    hysterectomy --- no uterus
    ovaries present but no longer functioning

At LabCorp do these tests on day 1-4 of calendar month.

1 --- pregnenolone
    2 --- progesterone
    3 --- DHEAs
    4 --- Estrone (E1)
    5 --- Estradiol-17 beta, E2
    6 --- Estriol (E3)
    7 --- Total estrogens
    8 --- Testosterone
    9 --- Cortisol-(7:30AM)

You should take pills, for now only pills, much better working, easier to live with, usually over the counter.

pregnenolone, DHEA & 7ketoDHEA as described above in previous post.

Your first goal will be to
    raise DHEAs to desirable high level Women 275-400 μg/dL
    raise pregnenolone, but really be more preoccupied with progesterone level.

in first phase, or forever, you will plan on staying progesterone=15ng/mL

according to your success in doing above,
    you will judge your estroges levels.

Each estrogen and (Total Estrogens)
    will need to be evaluated individually, in total and in their proportion to progesterone levels.

Many women, (including collencoble) are on steady prog & estrogen levels, day in day out.

There is more complicated version, attempting to replicate monthly cycle.
    Not sure how that would work in absence of uterus, with uterus present there may be some monthly bleeding.

I should have been more clear. I was just asking if being postmenopausal and not having a cycle meant that Estradiol would not be a good marker for me. If it is, then I'm fine only drawing that one. I've already spent my life savings and 401Ks and I have no income coming in, so I just want to do what is absolutely necessary. If I had the money, I would do all the 52 tests you did!

Thank you so much for your help!
    And of course, with the birth of the artist came the inevitable afterbirth - the critic - Mel Brooks

My Journal

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post682849

today Jan 15/2012

I just got my lab results from the few tests my doc did again on Dec. 20

Reference Range
    Hematology LOW FERRITIN (just started 25 mg iron 2x per day)

MCV 78.6 80.0 - 100.00
    MCH 25.1 26.1 - 33.5
    MCHC 31.9 30.0 - 35.3

Vitamin D levels - low normal ( I dose with 10,000 IU per day for the last 1 1/2 years)

Lipids

Cholesterol 204 130 - 200 (Down from 224)
    HDL 44 > 40 (Up 4 points from the 4 previous weeks eating primal)
    LDL 142 < 130 (Down from 185)
    VLDL 18 18 - 41 (NO CLUE whether good or bad)
    CHOL/HDL ration 4.6 < 5.0

Thyroid (I take 60mg Armour per day) - Diagnosed Hypothroid - meds seem to make NO DIFFERENCE to how I feel

Free T4 0.9 .071 - 2.23
    T3 Free 3.36 1.71 - 3.71
    TSH 1.3291 0.35 - 4.94
    Reverse T3 Pending (lab says awaiting materials from manufacturer)

HS CRP 30.64 - 0.07 - 5.0

Since I started the Leptin RX (the day after these labs were drawn) I've been eating Wild Alaskan Salmon 5 x per week and taking Krill oil (1,700 mg). A few days ago I added Super Omega 3 (4,000 mg in divided doses) from life extension along with Super Coq10 Ubinquinol 200 mg.

I walk slowly 1/2 hour per day 5 x per week.

I eat 6 tablespoons of coconut oil per day

I'm eating VLC ketogenic Leptin RX. I still have labs to get. In the meantime, is there anything ELSE I can do to get this number down and put out the inflammatory fires?

Thank you for adding this. I think I see how to include it in this thread now :0
    And of course, with the birth of the artist came the inevitable afterbirth - the critic - Mel Brooks

My Journal