Thread: Wanting to mix it up...any novel yummy fat/oil suggestions? page

erica057 is offline Senior Member

Wanting to mix it up...any novel yummy fat/oil suggestions?

I still love my staples (Kerrygold butter, coconut oil, and EVOO), but I'd like to change things up. I recently bought a jar of duck fat and it makes everything so yummy. Any other suggestions? Preferably stuff that I can cook with as opposed to drizzling. TY!
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

Buoy1 is offline Senior Member
    Lard! Makes steaks and pork chops delicious.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Lard is great as Buoy1 said. I like macadamia nut oil too.

I just wanted to thank you for your blog while I am here. I make stuff off of it all the time, especially the biscuits and gravy. That stuff is amazing.
    Between that, the fact you are a boxer/fighter and you made a primal-ish version of Half Baked (my favorite), your hotness points just went to 11 (Spinal Tap reference).
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

BuffaloGrok is offline Senior Member
    Can you recommend a place to get high quality, non-hydorgenated lard?
    My Leangains Journey

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

erica057 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys! Any tips on finding nonhydrogenated lard? Or do you just render it yourself? All the lard I find around here is hydrogenated >

Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    I just wanted to thank you for your blog while I am here. I make stuff off of it all the time, especially the biscuits and gravy. That stuff is amazing.
    Between that, the fact you are a boxer/fighter and you made a primal-ish version of Half Baked (my favorite), your hotness points just went to 11 (Spinal Tap reference).
    Aww thanks! *blushes* I definitely plan to start updating regularly again in 2012, I kinda got out of the habit :\
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

NurseMama5 is online now Senior Member
    ghee is now my addiction. I made my own and I think I overdid it a bit, but it's still delicious!! It's nutty and buttery and rich. I drizzle and cook with it.
    "I tried to call the nurse again, but she's bein' a little bitch....I think I'll get outta here." Pink

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I buy my lard from a local farmer. You could use tallow as well. I have bought it from U.S. Wellness Meats — Our Animals Eat Right So You Can Too. many a time.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.