Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Turnstone's world - not really a jornal... page 5

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes, that 100 km hike starts on friday evening. Looking back at the 42 kms hike I did and how I felt afterwards it is possible, as long as my knee doesn't hurt too much. My kneecap isn't aligned properly and can irritate the rest of the knee. Nothing serious, but very painful!

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    Sorry for not writing anything for another 3 weeks! Busy with work, another week at the shore, the wedding of my cousin, and of course the 100 km hike all kept me busy and I didn't feel like writing. And I don't have much time today for a longer post...

But just a quick report from that long hike! It was a phantastic experience, and I made it without getting tired through the night. After 50 kms I gave up because I had serious pain in my left foot and leg. Without that pain I could have continued to walk (I felt surprisingly fit after the 50 kms), but I am glad I quit. The foot hurt for about a week, and I don't want to know what damage it would have caused to continue. And wow, I walked 50 kms, something that I have never done before (and had only 3 months to prepare for), and I did most of it at night, and most of the night I walked alone because I was so slow compared to the others. Especially walking alone at night was a great experience!
    I will try again next year. And then I'll be better prepared!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345