Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: hippie_mama page 3

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Wow, I'm doing fitday, too, to get a handle on what I'm doing....I'm eating a lot more calories than you, and I just started, too. I am trying to eat only when hungry, but so far (3 days) I seem to be eating between 1500-1700 cal, 60% fat, 30% protein, 10% carb. I am not going hungry at all, nor do I feel stuffed.

I was shocked the first couple days about the fat grams (somewhere around 100 gms!). But I think it's because Geoff said "bacon" to me and I've been eating it for breakfast and using the fat to fry the eggs in. That, and LOVING avocadoes and now eating them to my heart's content!

I was VERY hungry day 1, less so day 2, day 3 WHAM-O! no hunger.

I'm really glad to have a 'cohort' of newbie women...))

I just got my copy of PRIMAL BLUEPRINT and I'm going to go read some!

PWG

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member

wow hippie momma you are kicking some butt! good for you. I remember when I went through my withdrawls this summer it was HORRIFYING how much it sucked... good for you for trying so hard to stick to it! Do it for your kids

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

verdilak is offline Member

I'm her husband, and have been trying to get her to understand the basic principle of PB, that is, to EAT! but I think I'll just let FlyNavyWife and the other women around here do that for me!

Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
    Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
    I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

hippie_mama is offline Member

omg, my husband just claimed me. In public (sort of).

ok, for dinner we had muffin-shaped baked omelet things (eggs, bacon, homemade mayo, grape tomatoes, sweet yellow peppers and onions cooked in bacon fat (!)) which finishes out my stats for the day:

Calories: 1,667

Fat: 120.9

Carbs: 51.4

Protein: 95.6

Fat(65%)

Carbs(12%)

Protein(24%)

Alcohol(0%)

The calories and fat are freaking me out a little, but look at those carbs! haha

Thanks for the encouragement mandabear, Monkey, and everyone else, and WannaBe, i'm really glad for the support of other ladies too--i was a bit worried this whole caveman thing would be sort of a boys' club, but that's not the case at all!

I'm definitely feeling more positive today that i can stick this out; now i just want to see some results on the scale for some evidence that it's working for me!

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

MUCH better "stats" today hippie_mama.

The calories are like... the low side of maintenance level for me (5'6" 125ish pounds) when not pregnant. But for the last 6-7 months I've eaten probably 2000 on average (some days around 1600, some days around 2000, some even up to 3000!!!!) and not gained a pound. Don't worry - your husband is right. You can EAT on PB.

Also the fat looks much better today. Didn't it taste good? I'm proud of you. hehe.

SO not a boy's club. And with all the pregnant ladies we have enough estrogen to turn all those caveguys into girls if we wanted to.

PS have you told us how tall you are / how much you weigh? I forget... how much weight are you trying to lose?

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

i was hoping no one would ask! i'm 5'6" as well, and right now i weigh 175; i would *like* to lose 30 lbs. That would put me well within the "healthy" range. If i could lose more, all the better; i told my husband that if by some miracle i lost 50 lbs, i would run down the street naked in celebration. Well, maybe in a sexy outfit. I did give birth to (and breastfeed) three children! XD

The food *was* pretty yummy; i think bacon is my new best friend. I can cook it really crunchy, and pretend i'm not nom-ing on fat.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Sorry if I made you uncomfy or if you felt "put on the spot." Just, more information is helpful and we're all pretty open about that stuff here (or so it seems to me).

I'm 5'6" too - I'd say if you aim for 2000ish-2200ish calories/day and keep fat high, protein moderate (I aim for 80g or so a day on average) carbs under 50g a day, you should lose weight pretty easily. Even if you're not an exercise fan (I'm really not either. haha)... but going on walks before or after dinner with your husband and kids would be an awesome way to get in some "slow moving." That will help "activate" the right hormones and increase your insulin sensitivity and stuff... it's not about burning calories (no matter what they say on the Biggest Loser).

Also, take your measurements now and write them down (bust, ribs, natural waist, belly (at your belly button), hips, thighs, anything else you might be curious about. That way if the scale is frustrating you you can whip out the tape measure and see if maybe you're having some body composition changes - good way to get a quick boost because chances are you'll see some big changes in inches too.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Hippie mama I weigh the same as you and Im 5'7"! So I would FOR REAL run down the street naked if I lost 30 lbs!!! I would just have to make sure that everything was nice and tight... to lessen the bounce/jiggle factor of my booty and waist!!

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Oh it's cool; i'm just being silly. Measurements are a good idea.

Exercise is a problem; i could go hike in the woods behind the house, but walking on the one-lane road we live on would be dangerous, between our psychotic neighbors driving, and their unruly pets and children wandering about. Oh yeah. And i need to find some motivation. I used to drive down to an abandoned campground next to the lake somewhat-nearby; i could claim it as "me time," but after awhile it started to feel silly. "Me time?" Seriously? I've got too much housework and reading to do for that!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast