Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Primal Journal: hippie_mama page 18

hippie_mama is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Another pound down; that puts me at 151, 6 lbs from my short-term goal. Holiday weight? You won't make it to Valentine's Day, buahahahaha!

150 this morning.

I'm not restricting my calories at all, which is something i had some real trouble with my first time around. This time i only get twinges of low-carb headaches and those go away with my next meal. I'm really happy with my progress, it gives me hope that i might actually reach my long-term goal, which has only been a distant fantasy before.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Cheering for you! Exuberant health, here we come!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

This is almost too easy. I even cheated last night in a way so big i refuse to discuss it :P I'm about to hit a big brick wall, i can just feel it...

Found it! The brick wall, that is. Back up to 152.

I spent the last 5 days away from home, living in a 600 sq ft condo (how do you city people do it!?) because our well went out. That's really no excuse (there was a kitchen), but apparently i don't deal with stress well. The idea of paying the mortgages on two houses, neither of which i could live in, really got to me. I self-medicated with my aunt's mint chocolate chip cookies. I'm finally home, and the crisis is over (thanks to all that is good and holy for it being a cheap fix), but i'm having a hard time hitting the reset button. I need to drink some wine and calm down!

slesca is offline Senior Member
    Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city
    Congrats on the success! You've lost a lot of weight since you started, no? (I could probably go back and look, but...)

Blargh. I'm having such a hard time staying with this. WHY!?!?! I know it's good for me, and that it works for me--i did so well in the past! But when it comes down to the day-to-day stuff, i really can't care enough to follow through. Sometimes i wish i had the food allergies and health problems with grains and processed foods that my husband does--then i would HAVE to eat well.

I'm back up to 155 btw. I feel guilty because i should know better. But not enough to really CARE and fix it.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Don't worry; if you don't stick wtih it, in time you will have the health problems with those foods.

Okay, that's not very consoling, is it? Smack me. I'm feeling a bit discouraged. I wish I could go back to a time when the only effect those foods had on me was weight, but I know just what you mean - it's hard to say no to taste and preference when weight is the only (apparent) issue.

Just try, try again. You'll be there some day!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718