Thread: Stood up for Ancestral Health at School!!! page

DmitriSmirnov is offline Junior Member

Stood up for Ancestral Health at School!!!

Shop Now
    Today in history we compared the industrial revolution to the development of agriculture. Everyone said that both brought material gain, because the industrial rev. brought manufactured goods and agriculture brought a more stable food supply. I pointed how agriculture brought little material gain to us, because we got shorter and weaker, and actually had a less stable food supply (because paleolithic humans had the options of both hunting AND gathering, so could always switch to a new food source). People had no idea what I was saying, but isn't that a typical response to many primal truths? Should have said that agriculture was as much a victory of plants over us as it was a victory of us over them.

I'm planning to study biology at college next year, so I will probably encounter a lot more of this. I never really thought how hard it is being the one "crazy" guy who brings a new, discomforting viewpoint to the table.

bellavida is offline Member
    I wish I was as wise as you are in high school! You should be proud of yourself for speaking your mind and presenting your argument with facts.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Well done you.
    My daughters school brought in some people from Uni and they were teaching them about Primal living. So that is a real plus.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

VeloCity.X is offline Senior Member
    You are on to some current thinking, but it's not just the Paleo/Primal community thinking that way. Look at Michael Pollan's book The Botany of Desire about our relationship with plants, and look at some of the work of Jared Diamond on agriculture being the worst mistake mankind has ever made. Good stuff there.

Interestingly I was reading all that stuff from different angles and then Primal actually pulled it all together.
    Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

somedaypaleo is offline Member
    Learning institutions are exactly not what they are supposed to be. I've never met someone at a highschool able to try and absorb, evaluate, and maybe assimilate (heck or just have a coherent discussion about how I'M wrong) ideas.

Use the ancient egyptians as an example. I always used to hear that their poorly conditioned teeth was due to sand in their food. I never said crap, but that's the dumbest thing ever. What idiot would keep eating sandy food, especially since we're looking at those mummified, so a little more upper class. Instead they got short, fat, and weak due to heavy grain reliance. And with all those tasty crocodiles available to!