Thread: Keeping it balanced? page

skaraminas is offline Junior Member

Keeping it balanced?

Primal Fuel
    Hello,

I'm a newbie on the site, but I'm not very new to paleolithic eating. I first tried it in the summer thanks to my brother, and have been keeping a Paleo way of eating since then. Admittedly, I've gotten off track a few times, but I am still very happy with my progress on how much I have changed my habits when it comes to the foods I eat and the choices I make.

I've recently started reading many of the articles posted on the site, but this is stuff I had already heard about because I am well aware of many of the concepts for following the Paleo lifestyle. Being a Physical Education student, however, I find myself very often having to explain to my peers why I eat the way I do, and I still have so much trouble getting through to people who are so close-minded when it comes to the foods they have been taught to eat.

Sadly, I know that it will not be easy to make them understand why it is that I choose to eat this way. However, I do have some of my own questions. Since I started Paleo, I've completely cut out grains out of my diet, for very clear reasons, and have replaced them by nutrient-filled fruits and vegetables. My only concern is that I often find myself having very small mounts of carbs compared to the amount of protein I am eating, and sometimes I skip the carbs all together and just have protein. I know that Paleolithic eating focuses on a low-carb diet, but isn't it bad if there isn't a balance between my carbs, proteins, and fats? Is it bad if I have too much protein? (Asking this sounds a little ridiculous, but I can't help but wonder...)

Thanks,
    _skaraminas

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Better question how big a plate of vegetables do you eat each day?
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

I still eat many vegetables throughout the day, and usually not more than 2 portions of fruit. But overall, I still eat much more protein than anything else...that's why I'm asking this question.

dado Guest
    eat more fat

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    What balance? Equal amounts? That's crazy. What would the balance be if you really were a paleolithic person? Months without any veggies and fruits at all most-likely. Now go eat your liver.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wonderful, thank you