Thread: OK! Magazine - "Hollywood's 25 Hottest Diets and Sexiest Bodies" page

valeo44 is offline Junior Member

Post OK! Magazine - "Hollywood's 25 Hottest Diets and Sexiest Bodies"

Shop Now
    I know... hardly legitimate source material for how to eat, lol! But I read this week's OK! magazine today at lunch (Mulligatawny Soup, even better the 2nd and 3rd day and needless to say, none of the 100 or so celebrities profiled are primal/paleo... Closest is probably one celeb (who's done the Dukan diet in the past year) however according to the mag, "Dukan dieters say no to the skin and wings [on chicken], which can be fatty." Even those who are "low carb" go for the lean cuts of meat and poultry.

Not that I need celebrity endorsement, but doesn't it make you wonder sometimes, they all look amazing, how can what they're doing be wrong? (I suppose that answer would be in the blood work...?)
    "Porthos dreams of being a bear, and you want to shatter those dreams by saying he's *just* a dog? What a horrible candle-snuffing word. That's like saying, 'He can't climb that mountain, he's just a man', or 'That's not a diamond, it's just a rock.' Just."
    ~ Finding Neverland

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    They may look amazing but I bet they feel hungry most of the time.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Timthetaco Guest
    I ended up on some trashy celebrity gossip site recently and discovered that apparently Rob Lowe is on a low carb diet. So... that's cool, I guess. Always nice to have Rob Lowe on your side.

And Brad Pitt, too. I guess his high protein diet to bulk up for Troy stuck on him.

labbygail is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valeo44 View Post
    Not that I need celebrity endorsement, but doesn't it make you wonder sometimes, they all look amazing, how can what they're doing be wrong?
    It's their job to look good, so they can afford to spend hours and $$$ on exercise, hair care, skin regimens, etc. Plus being in the public eye is a pretty powerful motivation to restrict how much you eat.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    The diets and training programs they publish on are often not what they do.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!