Week 2, Day 1
Wow! Week 2! Feels like I started a lifetime ago, and yet, it is going so quickly, too. I can't tell you how much having this journal keeps me on the wagon.
I've been debilitatingly exhausted. I look at my 5 year old son and I feel so bad that I can't play with him. I've been putting movies on for him while I take naps every day. Feels strange that I'm sleeping more than he is - I've been falling asleep soon after him and waking with him. Thank goodness I can be half asleep while working (as a sign language interpreter) or I'd be taking all kinds of time off work. This, after being flat on my back exhausted all Christmas break because of a bad cold, and then coconut oil die off. I had the first week of January back to my old self, and now I'm exhausted again. I miss playing with my boy and being productive!
I seriously considered giving all this up today...wondering if it's all quackery, and yet another snake oil claim to which I've fallen prey. On the other hand, I want to know whether this can help with my last few obstacles to optimal health. I just hope this is normal die off, and I'm not hurting my health.
The cravings are in full force, too. Visions of shortbread cookies dancing in my head. Ahhh.... And snacks...any kind of snacks!
Luckily, I love this food (after 20 years of being a vegetarian and hating vegetables!)...and I'm never hungry for more than an hour. Usually not hungry at all. Other than the fatigue and occasional cravings, I'm finding this incredibly easy to do. So, in the name of experimentation and ultimate health, I'm going to keep on keeping on.
Week 2, Day 1
- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? yes, 25 grams of pan-fried salmon, left over chicken leg.
- Breakfast w/i 30m of rising? yes, 6 30 to 7 am
- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch? yes - 1 pm lunch. pickle, french onion soup with 2T ghee, large handful of blueberries.
- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner? yes - 5 30 pm, beef brisket, avocado with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- No snacking? check
- exposure to morning sun? yes
- darkening the house at sunset? yes
- 100% primal diet? yes
- <50g carb per day, anti-candida (no sweeteners, starches, or fruit)? some blueberries with ghee
Last edited by czev; 01-17-2012 at 08:51 PM.
biggest part of stomach, below belly button: (1.12.12) 33.5"
biggest part around bottom and thighs: (1.12.12) 38.5"