Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leptin Reset - Fit, Forty, and FABULOUS! page 2

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 4? A lot of folks have a resurgence of cravings 4-5 days after chucking the foods that cause them problems.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

czev is offline Member

Week 1, Day 6

Here I am, day 6. The cravings are back at night. Having this journal really is key in helping me to not even consider having any. Last night at 9pm when I couldn't bear it anymore, I had a small cup of wild apricot tea with a packet of Truvia. That really helped. Then I just read a book. Doing something different that I enjoy typically helps, too.

The great things is I feel so much better about myself when I don't give in. That feeling is better than the few seconds of yumminess I get from eating sweets that end up making me feel yucky.

I'm still fighting a very low-grade UTI. I've been feeling the burning, off and on, since Christmas. I cant think what brought it on...except, perhaps, too much sugar around the holidays?? I've tried d-mannose, cranberry with no sugar, applying kefir, all to no avail. It's so slight, like a 1 out of 10, in terms of pain. I really don't want to go to a doctor just to have them tell me to take antibiotics. Sigh. I think I'll try drinking a lot more fluids and applying kefir from raw dairy, not pasteurized. If it still doesn't go away, I'll go to the doc.

I'm still pretty tired. I can't wait till the energy kicks in and my libido resurrects!

Week 1, Day 6

- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? yes, 1 can of Vital Choice Wild Salmon.

- Breakfast w/i 30m of rising? yes, 7 - 730am

- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch? yes, 12:30p two slices of fatty beef brisket, pickle.

- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner? yes, dinner 6:30p...lots of broth, pickle, roasted onions mushrooms and sweet potato, ragu bolognese (ground beef).

- No snacking? check

- exposure to morning sun? yes

- darkening the house at sunset? yes

- 100% primal diet? yes

- <50g carb per day, anti-candida (no sweeteners, starches, or fruit)? yes
    Last edited by czev; 01-16-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    biggest part of stomach, below belly button: (1.12.12) 33.5"
    biggest part around bottom and thighs: (1.12.12) 38.5"

vit c megadosing! can explain morelater

czev is offline Member
    oh...thank you for that. helps to know that.

czev is offline Member

Week 1, Day 7

My UTI is gone! Yaaayyyyy!!! Didn't end up doing anything but drink more fluids, including a ton of broth.

My eczema, which I've had a really bad patch of on my leg for four years, is better than ever. Instead of an angry red scaly mess, it's a dark pink and just the texture of my skin. Woohoo!

I've been loving my evening candlelight showers and reading. So dreamy and romantic and just...beautiful. I was already sleeping well, but I feel like I am sleeping even deeper, like I did in my childhood and twenties.

I'm still pretty tired, but not so debilitatingly so. Feeling happy.

Week 1, Day 7

- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? yes, two andouille sausages and 5 oz of ragu bolognese (ground beef).

- Breakfast w/i 30m of rising? yes, 7a to 730 am

- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch? yes - 12 30p, broth and 1 T ghee for lunch.

- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner? yes, 6p - chicken legs with yummy crispy skin!, sweet potato and onions, pastured broth, pickle

- No snacking? check

- exposure to morning sun? yes

- darkening the house at sunset? at 730p

- 100% primal diet? yes

- <50g carb per day, anti-candida (no sweeteners, starches, or fruit)? yes
    Last edited by czev; 01-17-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Loving to hear the positive update. I can't believe you're 40, anyway; you look so much younger!

I used to have UTIs ALL the time, and finally learned to megadose vit C for any kind of infection, from UTI to teeth. You take C till it gives you loose bowels or rumbly bely (usually takes 4000-5000mg per hour at first; the number of hours will be very individual. It takes me 4 or 5 at that level; my SIL only has to take one dose), then lower the dosage to 2-3000/hr or so, trying to stay just below bowel tolerance for as long as it takes to get rid of the infection.

Best to use buffered C, like ester C or my favorite, sodium ascorbate powder plus bioflavonoids.

Eventually I got rid of the UTIs. Nearly all of them come from something that doesn't belong "down there," even things as simplel as K-Y. I haven't had one in years. Yay!

Lex26 is offline Senior Member

Right there with you

Hey,

I need to be basically doing the same thing you're doing! I'm over the sugar withdrawal, which - thank God - is totally temporary. It's the leptin resistance and candida thing I need to put extra concentration on now, plus improving my stomach acid. Don't know if that's a problem for you too. I'll be here to check out your progress and experimentation - looks like you're doing great so far!
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

I have had to get through all four of those things - sugar addiction, leptin resistance, candida, & stomach acid - too. You can do this!

And I like your goal - I'd be amazed if I could do that by then!

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    I have had to get through all four of those things - sugar addiction, leptin resistance, candida, & stomach acid - too. You can do this!

And I like your goal - I'd be amazed if I could do that by then!
    Cool! I'll be following your journal too. I just skimmed it now and let me confirm for anyone with a similar condition - dairy definitely has to be out of the picture. I could not get cravings under control until that was completely out. My cystic acne also boiled down. I still have acne here and there, but the cysts that would pop up on my jawline were crazy when I ate dairy.

Getting the definitive word on treating candida is so hard. The most info I've gotten is from Bee Wilder's Healing Naturally site. What she puts out there is so scary though: To overcome my infection, it's her theory that I need to be on a candida-control diet for at least two and a half years. She says you need a month for every year you've had the infection. And since I was first given antibiotics at two weeks old for a respiratory infection, at two years old for a bladder infection, at six for an ear infection and then given directions on how to use Monistat at age 7, it looks like there might be a lot of damage to undo.

Others say correcting candida is just a matter of fixing your immune system. But there's no going wrong with the true candida diet, so I think that's what I should hold myself to.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Yeah, I think Bee is mostly right, but just mostly. I eat mostly anti-candida, after years of many rounds of antibiotics each year, but just recently the GI Effects test showed no evidence of candida, and indeed, my sugar cravings are almost gone - almost. No harm in continuing to eat very, very little fruit or nuts or starchy vegs, especially this time of year, so I am, but my spit test recovered very quickly after first getting most sugar out of my diet, even long beore I conquered the binge beast. So IDK. I do think that one month for each yearis probably true for the healing picture in general, but IDK about specifically candida. I just don't know!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast