Here I am, day 6. The cravings are back at night. Having this journal really is key in helping me to not even consider having any. Last night at 9pm when I couldn't bear it anymore, I had a small cup of wild apricot tea with a packet of Truvia. That really helped. Then I just read a book. Doing something different that I enjoy typically helps, too.
The great things is I feel so much better about myself when I don't give in. That feeling is better than the few seconds of yumminess I get from eating sweets that end up making me feel yucky.
I'm still fighting a very low-grade UTI. I've been feeling the burning, off and on, since Christmas. I cant think what brought it on...except, perhaps, too much sugar around the holidays?? I've tried d-mannose, cranberry with no sugar, applying kefir, all to no avail. It's so slight, like a 1 out of 10, in terms of pain. I really don't want to go to a doctor just to have them tell me to take antibiotics. Sigh. I think I'll try drinking a lot more fluids and applying kefir from raw dairy, not pasteurized. If it still doesn't go away, I'll go to the doc.
I'm still pretty tired. I can't wait till the energy kicks in and my libido resurrects!
Week 1, Day 6
- Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein? yes, 1 can of Vital Choice Wild Salmon.
- Breakfast w/i 30m of rising? yes, 7 - 730am
- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch? yes, 12:30p two slices of fatty beef brisket, pickle.
- 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner? yes, dinner 6:30p...lots of broth, pickle, roasted onions mushrooms and sweet potato, ragu bolognese (ground beef).
- No snacking? check
- exposure to morning sun? yes
- darkening the house at sunset? yes
- 100% primal diet? yes
- <50g carb per day, anti-candida (no sweeteners, starches, or fruit)? yes