Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Leptin Reset - Fit, Forty, and FABULOUS! page 10

Heiditje is offline Junior Member

Help with the leptin reset!

Primal Fuel
    Hi everybody,
    I am new to this site, so also still trying to figure out how I can post messages.
    Anyway, after reading a lot I decided to do Paleo with leptin reset. I am always tired, hungry (and I eat the whole day, a lot of chips, sweets, chocolate... about 4000 kcal / day), I have a bad skin, sleep irregular and it looks as if I am pregnant (which I am not). I also suffer from terrible diarrhea. Well, I drink 2 liters diet coke per day, so that could also explain it.
    Anyway, I did some Atkins before, which felt very good (I have a gluten intolerance): I lost 9kg, didn't need to snack a lot, had more energy... but then I ate sushi and the whole thing collapsed terribly (I even started eating gluten, with of course a lot of problems afterwards). So, now I am back at 68kg (I am 1m69 tall).

So, reading a lot on paleo and Dr. Kruse's diet, I thought this would be perfect for me. I started today, but unfortunately I don't have the same experiences. I am counting the time until I can eat!
    This was what I have eaten so far (I live in Europe, so now if it afternoon):
    Breakfast (8:30am): 2 boiled eggs, 200gr baked salmon, salad, half tomato, and cucumber (59gr protein)
    In between: 1 walnut
    Lunch (12:30pm): 180 gr baked chicken, 150 gr shrimps and bok choy
    Afternoon: one boiled egg, 2 walnuts, 150gr yoghurt with stevia, 5 blueberries

(so far this comes down to 150gr protein and 16gr carbs and 51gr fat; 1150kcal (I have this app on my iphone)).

For this evening, I plannend: Brussels sprouts with bacon and porc meat

I only drank water and green tea so far, but I am wondering: what am I doing wrong? I am hungry!
    I am less blown and my sugar-craving is doable, so that is the positive note.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS: sorry for English errors, I am not native

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Looks like the leptin reset could save your life!

Come on over to my journal, too, if you'd like, and/or Dr. Kruse's forums: jackkruse.com. He's the leptin reset dude.

Just at a first glance, I'm wondering if you have any fat sources outside what you listed, which look fairly lean, especially on the sat fat front. Sat fats are KEY to my own personal success against cravings, binges, & snackiness.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Heiditje is offline Junior Member
    Hi MamaGrok,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I do think that leptin reset would be good for me... but it is not easy... feel very tired.
    Maybe I had too much protein today. According to the food counter app I had 230gr protein today. Is there a limit? How much should you eat at lunch and dinner time? By that time I was so hungry, that I ate a lot!

I did bake everything in coconot oil, so that should be the sat fat, right? I also take omega3-6 capsules.
    Do you eat the coocnut oil like that? I tried it, but I didn't really like it.

Is it true that no fruit is allowed? No apple?

I just looked into your journal. Wow! It must be fantastic to be not hungry and to be able to skip lunches. It is encouraging to read that many health issues (gluten, bloating, sugar craving, fatigue..) diminish with this eating pattern. I hope this will work for me too. So far the first day is almost over ... not completely perfect (I did had some healthy snacks), but hopefully tomorrow things will go better!

czev is offline Member
    Update and end to this journal...

I AM CURED!

Turns out it was all food sensitivities. I finally figured them all out and feel like a million bucks! It took me YEARS to figure some of them out, but I finally did. I still have a few patches of eczema and am working on resolving that, and being able to add some foods back in the future. Other than that, I feel better than I have since I was 20.

My food sensitivities are:

all broth or stock (though I tolerate them in small amounts in dishes)
    all dairy except butter and small amounts of hard cheeses
    all coconut products...oil, butter, powder, flour, flakes, milk. etc.
    most grains except white rice
    high FODMAP foods

I just had a SIBO lactulose test and stool parasite test done. We'll see what the results are. But, really, I feel so good I don't mind eating a somewhat limited diet. In the future I hope to add dairy in (I *LOVE* dairy). The rest, I'm not too worried about.

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!
    biggest part of stomach, below belly button: (1.12.12) 33.5"
    biggest part around bottom and thighs: (1.12.12) 38.5"

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Wow, good for you! Wishing you many continued successes. You're the youngest-looking 40 year old I've ever seen!

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Please do tell how you figured them out, and what happened as you removed them!

Do you think you may be able to undo some of the intolerances over time?
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Paleofan is offline Senior Member
    Were you use to lower carbs before you started this? My experience was I kept feeling more amazing. But, I was relatively low carb for over a year.

czev is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleofan View Post
    Were you use to lower carbs before you started this? My experience was I kept feeling more amazing. But, I was relatively low carb for over a year.
    yes i was relatively low carb. about six months ago, i added white rice and potatoes and i feel better. i got the idea from chris kresser and paul jaminet.

czev is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Please do tell how you figured them out, and what happened as you removed them!

Do you think you may be able to undo some of the intolerances over time?
    the coconut oil and broth my sister figured out. i was visiting her and telling her about all my strange fatigue episodes and she said, 'interesting...you seem like you're better while visiting here.' and i realized she was right! so i thought about what i was doing differently while visiting and the biggest things were i wasn't ingesting my many-times-a-day broth, or coconut oil. when i returned home, i experimented with leaving them out and i felt AMAZINGLY better! the last piece eluded me for quite a while. but finally, after thanksgiving i experimented yet again with giving up dairy. BINGO! i had tried eliminating dairy before, but was always doing the coconut oil and broth and high fodmaps foods, so i didn't see a difference. but after eliminating all those others, the difference was clear. i finally felt 100% great with energy.

i really wonder if i'll be able to undo these intolerances over time. i am sure as hell going to try. i got tested for SIBO and fodmaps and will get the results today. i am contemplating doing some fecal transplants in the future. also need to get about 8 amalgams removed. i don't know if that will have any effect on my health at all. if i were younger i would have a lot more hope with turning them around. but i still have hope!

bloating, eczema and these food intolerances are the last few things i am working on resolving.

the main thing is, i have my energy and happiness back for the first time since i was 20 and i am beyond THRILLED! the rest is icing on the cake.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910