Thread: Health Ranger: California Regulators going after Organic Pastures page

Grok is offline Senior Member

Health Ranger: California Regulators going after Organic Pastures

Primal Fuel

BigBear is offline Junior Member
    I really don't think the government should control what I can and can't eat. If I want to pay $5.00 and suck it right out of the cow I should have that right. People should be able to make their own choices as long as they don't violate the rights of others and either enjoy the benefits or suffer the consequences.

No one forces you to buy raw milk or any milk for that matter. If you choose to buy milk and happen to get sick then that should be the fault of the individual. You can choose to drink alcohol and you can choose to smoke and I don't think there is any question that those are not healthy indulgences.

The double standard is insane and probably comes down to money. Most things do...

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely insane, thanks for posting this. I had no idea this had happened. The Rawesome raids were outrageous, and this just adds to it. Ridiculous.

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    The problem is if people get sick then they sue. My mother in law is a prime example. She's all over raw milk and rants and raves about how pasteurized milk will kill you, but if she gets an upset stomach she goes 180 and starts snarling that the milk better not have made her sick or else *shakes fist* (couldn't be because she won't eat any fat, is "allergic" to everything which leaves next to nothing for her to eat. She looks like a flipping scarecrow and god forbid she ever looks in my fridge. She won't eat what I cook anyway-too fatty *rolls eyes*)

Its a Catch-22.
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Hardwarehank is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee99 View Post
    The problem is if people get sick then they sue. My mother in law is a prime example. She's all over raw milk and rants and raves about how pasteurized milk will kill you, but if she gets an upset stomach she goes 180 and starts snarling that the milk better not have made her sick or else *shakes fist* (couldn't be because she won't eat any fat, is "allergic" to everything which leaves next to nothing for her to eat. She looks like a flipping scarecrow and god forbid she ever looks in my fridge. She won't eat what I cook anyway-too fatty *rolls eyes*)

Its a Catch-22.
    Well if the raw milk somehow did make her sick I wouldn't think she would have any ground to stand on knowing the inherent "risk" of such things.

But to an above poster's question: Yes all of the double-standards and lame-ass policies in this country are largely motivated by money and private interests.