Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have a vitamin E solution? page

BestBetter is offline Senior Member

Does anyone have a vitamin E solution?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just recently realized that I think I may have a digestive issue with nuts, so I'm abstaining for a while (I've never been eating lots of nuts anyway, so this isn't too difficult).

However, I've noticed that my vitamin E levels are REALLY low, and since I'm interested in getting as much of my nutrition from food, rather than supplements, I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for which foods to eat to accomplish this.

Top 10 Foods Highest in Vitamin E

The above link lists the foods that are highest in vitamin E, but even non-nut sources like spinach have pretty low levels.

Ande is offline Senior Member
    Well, I donno if this will be much help for you but I take Carlson's Cod Liver Oil to get some extra omegas and extra vitamins and even the low vitamin CLO that I take gives me about 6.6 mgs of vitamin E (44% of the RDA of 15 mg) per the 5 capsules. I was really hard pressed to get enough E also through diet alone.
    Eggs have some E and so does olive oil, but like you mentioned not much.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    High Vitamin Butter Oil !

Unfortunately I can't have any dairy, so the butter oil (what is that, btw?) won't work. I do take Carlson's Cod Liver Oil, which has 33% RDA, so that's something. It seems weird that there are certain nutrients we can't get through diet...a flaw in the master plan.

How would Grok get vitamin E?

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    None of those top 10 seem particularly paleo. Maybe Grok didn't need all that Vit.E?

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDub View Post
    None of those top 10 seem particularly paleo. Maybe Grok didn't need all that Vit.E?
    This is the conclusion I have come to. Is the RDA only valid for grain eating folk? Pre agriculture, where would such a high level of Vitamin E have been found, and do we intact need it?

That's a really good question. I wonder if anyone with a medical background knows about the importance of vitamin E?

keevelish is offline Senior Member
    Brains and eyes.

I've heard from some paleo folk as an argument to human ingenuity that predators can't get at the brain case of their prey- this is simply untrue. It's the brain that provides their highest source of vitamin E.

I just read the wikipedia post on vitamin E - seems like it's not as important as i thought? I don't know whether to ignore vitamin E or start taking supplements...I've never heard of anyone with vitamin E deficiency related health problems. Or maybe I should start eating some squirrel brains!

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Animals feeding on pasture have a high amount of vitamin E in their fat tissue (yellow fat). Fish have it, too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast