Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Jeff Herron) page

jeff.herron is offline Member

Primal Journal (Jeff Herron)

Starting my Primal Journal today as part of the Success Stories in the Making challenge for 2012.

I ate a candy cane yesterday, and some seeds and nuts that were roasted and salted. other than that, it was a 100% Primal day. Today, so far (2:30pm right now) has been 100% Primal.

Off to a good start!

I'm on page 1 here, by the way: Success Stories in the Making | Mark's Daily Apple
    (at least as of 2:30pm EST, 1/10/2012).

Below is a link to two chart images of my food intake from yesterday (courtesy of livestrong.com). I think that's the easiest way to post what I'm eating each day.

Daily Intake Charts | Facebook

A little high on protein yesterday, and a little low on fat in the greater scheme of things. I even really slathered the butter on at dinner! Getting enough good fat remains a challenge. Need to re-read some of Mark's advice on where to get good fats.
    --
    Jeff Herron
    jeff.herron@gmail.com

Whenever something is wrong, something is too big.
    ~ Leopold Kohr

Daily intake from 1/11: Daily Intake Charts | Facebook

Lunch was the big problem yesterday. The burger resulted in too much protein for the day, and the ice cream and diet pop were just a bad idea. I think the sugar from the ice cream resulted in hunger cravings in the evening, which put me over the top in terms of calories with the extra cheese consumption in the evening.

Note to self: Avoid McDonald's in the future. And a salad for lunch (with some meat added to it, but not as the main course) will probably result in the best mix of food intake.
    --
    Jeff Herron
    jeff.herron@gmail.com

~ Leopold Kohr

Daily in take on 1/12 was just about perfect, although I came in just a touch low on protein. Eating at home and being able to select good ingredients is such a key!

Clocked in at 203 lbs. this morning, so I'm on the weight-loss train once again, after a brief holiday interlude through the month of December. Go go go!
    --
    Jeff Herron
    jeff.herron@gmail.com

~ Leopold Kohr

Wasn't too hungry yesterday, so only consumed about 1300 calories. Percentages on everything were about right - maybe just a touch low again on protein, but only by 10-20 grams or so. Weight down to 202 as of this morning. Looking forward to being under 200 again soon, for the first time in almost six or seven years!

This is feeling very sustainable. It's been a unexpected blessing and joy to sit down with the family to nearly every meal now that we're dining in a lot more. Goodness piled on top of goodness - loving Primal!
    --
    Jeff Herron
    jeff.herron@gmail.com

~ Leopold Kohr

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the progress Jeff!

I'd also say don't stress out over how many calories, what the ratios of fat/protein/carbs are, keep focused on keeping carbs under 50g and you'll see vast improvement.

An easy way to get more good fats is cook everything in them. I use coconut and avacado oil to cook everything to add the good fats. I also supplement with a good Omega-3 fish oil.
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks for the encouragement and advice. We do cook everything in butter and coconut oil -- and used bacon grease! I probably haven't been tracking that correctly, so maybe I am getting more fat than I realize. I've also been supplementing with Vitamin D (dark winter here in northern KY) and Omega-3 fish oil.

Saturday was fine eating-wise, but Sunday was a bit of a mess. Our normal schedule falls apart on Sundays, so I'll need to come up with a plan on how to handle Sunday mealtimes in the future. Live and learn!
    --
    Jeff Herron
    jeff.herron@gmail.com

~ Leopold Kohr

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you got all your bases covered Jeff!
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PrimalCon New York
    Started PBF in earnest on 1/30. I'm sore and sad to realize i am weaker by far than the Ken Korg example used in the ebook - but I am on my way to getting stronger! I also started taking Ryukyu Kempo since they offer it at the gym where I'm doing my PBF LHT days -- and because my wife is purple belt and is kicking my butt!

I'll post updates here of how things are progressing.
    --
    Jeff Herron
    jeff.herron@gmail.com

~ Leopold Kohr

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast