Page 1 of 174 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page

ecks is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal (Ecks)

Shop Now
    Looking to make some changes that'll work this year!

On here (as well as most other websites) I go by "ecks"... as in "X". Somewhere between anonymity and personality. I've always been a BIG guy. I first realised that I was overweight when I was 6- coming in at a whopping 98lbs I can still distinctly remember the moment... That's a different story for a different time though.

I started my primal walk at the massive weight of 333lbs in mid November 2011 but still sit at a staggering 302LBS as of my Sunday morning weigh in (trying to get over that 300 hump has been a pain!).

About a month ago I started weekly swimming and tonight I'm starting on a dodge ball team. I'd say my eating is close to 95% primal (still enjoy me some Milk but at least it's organic, grass fed, whole milk! and some dark chocolate 85%-99%...)

My short term goal is 290lbs by Feb 5th. I plan on setting a monthly goal of 8-12lbs (something attainable so I don't let myself down).

Long term- To fit in an air plane seatbelt without needing one of the extensions that they use for the buckle up demo (Next time I fly will be Canada day weekend), buy clothing in a normal store (Buying what I want to buy; not what fits), sleep deeper, and just be healthier. For the most part I've always been a happy guy even with my size but I've always had a nagging voice in the back of my head telling me I need to be healthier and live longer. Want nothing more than to be a healthy dad one day (not a dad right now).

Going primal has ignited a passion for cooking... I'm always experimenting in the kitchen and have long ditched frozen and boxed foods.

Breakfast this morning- Large spinach and romiane salad with walnuts, apple, avocado, and celery topped with olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, cumin, and a drizzle of leftover chicken stock. (Salad isn't a normal breakfast I just happened to want one over the regular bacon, eggs, and turnip hash)

Lunch today- 1 large chicken thigh, some celery, and a small salad.

Snack (packed but not eaten yet)- cherries and blackberries (About a cup or so combined). 1/3cup mixed macadamia nuts and pecans.

**EDIT**

Snack before dodgeball: 1 chicken thigh, some cherries

Supper- Egg Salad (Egg, home made mayo, celery, black pepper) over a mixed greens salad. (So essentially egg salad as a "salad dressing")
    Last edited by ecks; 01-29-2012 at 05:12 AM.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    For us Americans, when's Canada Day?

Welcome aboard and best of luck!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    For us Americans, when's Canada Day?

Welcome aboard and best of luck!
    Canada day is July 1st! And thanks for the welcome!

So... our team got absolutely owned in dodgeball... best of 11 and we won 1. But I had a ton of fun! And (no excuses but I'm making one) we were an all new team of strangers playing a team that's been together for 4 years. After our games we traded half teams and played for fun! Lots of good energy and it was a great way to start a new hobby!

Did something else courageous last night... at least for me... I put the scale away. I tend to get OCD about the scale sometimes weighing myself 2-3 times in a day like it would matter. I think the stress of it all is what's causing my slow progress the past few weeks. So the scale went in the cupboard in the hallway away from sight until Sunday weigh-in. I need to get over that 300 hump and I'm not going to do it stressing out about every half pound I gain or lose.

AND FINALLY... Food journal for today
    Breakfast- Bacon and what I'm calling a "Breakfast Stir-fry". Summer Sausage pieces, shreaded turnip, mushrooms, spinach, oregino, sesame seeds.

Lunch (Haven't eaten yet)- Chicken, Salad, left over breakfast stir-fry

Snack (Haven't eaten yet either)- Blackberries, Raw almonds

Planned Dinner- Liver and onions and a big salad

***Edit... I swapped the salad out for brussels sprouts... first time making them and I love them! Made more for lunch tomorrow. Also had 3 squares of Green and Black's 85% chocolate.
    Last edited by ecks; 01-12-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Nom! Nom! I haven't had liver in a while. I think I'm actually going to create an offal checklist and master cooking every single weird part of the animal! I'm on a tight budget, so it would be a fun, nutritious way to be primal.

I've put the weight scale away too. I think I'm only going to check once a month. What really matters is how my pants fit Don't forget to take pictures of yourself now, even if they're just for yourself. That will also be a good gauge.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    Nom! Nom! I haven't had liver in a while. I think I'm actually going to create an offal checklist and master cooking every single weird part of the animal! I'm on a tight budget, so it would be a fun, nutritious way to be primal.

I've put the weight scale away too. I think I'm only going to check once a month. What really matters is how my pants fit Don't forget to take pictures of yourself now, even if they're just for yourself. That will also be a good gauge.
    Careful with the scale... a good weekly weigh in should be in order to keep yourself on track. If you're moving in the wrong direction it could be a good indicator that you may need to make adjustments and if it's moving in the right direction it could be encouragement! Just don't go crazy like I did. Once a week then put it away.

I made an "In the making" post with a photo and emailed mark. The post and my profile just havn't been linked yet.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member

Checking the weight scale

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Careful with the scale... a good weekly weigh in should be in order to keep yourself on track.
    Eh, well it's my first month hitting the heavy lifting exercises hard. So if I'm putting on muscle weight, I don't want to start thinking I'm doing anything wrong if one week I don't lose weight. A girl's weight fluctuates a lot during the month too. So maybe after my exercise regimen has become regular I'll start looking at the weight scale once a week, but for now, I don't think I'll check it until the end of the month.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    Eh, well it's my first month hitting the heavy lifting exercises hard. So if I'm putting on muscle weight, I don't want to start thinking I'm doing anything wrong if one week I don't lose weight. A girl's weight fluctuates a lot during the month too. So maybe after my exercise regimen has become regular I'll start looking at the weight scale once a week, but for now, I don't think I'll check it until the end of the month.

Fair enough! As long as you're feeling healthy and happy that's all that really matters. (and well really is the point of a paleo lifestyle more so than gaining/losing weight)

Abtacha is offline Junior Member
    Just wanted to say that I had the same problem with 70kilos that you have with 300lbs (always those round numbers...). All you can do is hang in there and not get stressed out over it. Good point with the scale I'm trying to do the same but sometimes I just can't keep myself from stepping on earlier.
    lg Nina
    current weight: 65 kilos
    goal weight: 56 kilos
    next goal to reach: 62 kilos by my birthday in April

It's a journey not a race!

Still sore from dodgeball... 2 days later. Guess I'm using more muscles during dodgeball that I don't exercise during swimming. Speaking of which, swimming tonight! It's the simple things in life that make me happy.

Breakfast- 2 Eggs, turnip hash, bacon

Lunch- Liver and onions. Bacon and Brussels sprouts

Snack- Cherries, Blackberries, Raw almonds

Planned dinner- Grassfed striploin steak, big salad

Swimming tonight!

***Edit- Dinner turned into leftovers from lunch. Pretty much 3 Brussels sprouts and a half portion of liver. Wasn't very hungry after swimming.

Pre swimming snack- 1 egg, 1 half CM slice of nitrite free organic summer sausage. (I love living in a market city!)
    Last edited by ecks; 01-13-2012 at 06:44 AM.

Page 1 of 174 1231151101 ... LastLast