Page 9 of 175 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 9

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, I'm awake. Made a crock pot of vegies, and I got on to check your weight. How'd you do? It sure looks like you are eating right -- well, except for the coffee with butter AND coconut oil. Coffee with cream, yep! But butter AND coconut oil. All I can say is, you sure are brave! I am impressed! Not at all implying it's bad for you. It's probably something like yak butter tea, but okay, that's exotic, and I'd try it. If I recall correctly, they put salt in it too. Yeah, I guess that would be weird too. So, how does the bulletproof coffee taste? I mean, an honest comparison with coffee and cream, or a coffee latte?

Well, I am hoping for good news for you, and if not, I know you are going to keep trying. You are going to get there, I know that. Oh, gosh, I'm going to weight and measure on the 16th. Scary times.

I'm not hungry lately. Is that weird or what? Maybe it's a sign I shouldn't eat. B.P. (before primal:-)) I was ALWAYS hungry -- even after eating. It is so novel not to be hungry sometimes -- but definitely bizarre!

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Hey All! Weighin day! And I just got back from my sister's house. We measured each other figuring it would be a good idea to track our body composition.

Weighin this week 295. That's 3lbs off in a week. I'll take it! It's been a crappy month for loss so I'm more than happy with 3 in a week.

Measurements:
    Neck 17"
    Chest 52"
    Abdominal 55.5"
    Hips 52.5"
    Arms 18.5"
    Thighs 31"

New goal weight is 285 by March 4th. That's 2.5lbs per week for the short Month of Feb. Slow and steady.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Yippee! You lost three pounds. That is pounds you don't have to carry around. Dodgeball will be three pounds easier as will swimming. Three is good. You are even farther away from 300 -- which you will never see again. Three is good. One would have been sad, but three definitely works. Keep it up. Goodby 300 forever. Way to go, ecks! Getin' there for sure.

For Feb 5th

Breakfast- Bulletproof coffee

Lunch- My left over salad from Omega's, 1 stuffed pepper, 3 slices of bacon

Dinner- (Superbowl Food). Free run chicken wings in organic bbq sauce (sweetened with honey), celary and carrot sticks, Rennee's buttermilk dressing for dipping (has both canola and whey), 2 Millstreet Organic Beer's

... And New England lost...

Today!
    Breakfast - 1 bulletproof coffee, Green onion and summer sausage omelet (with 2 eggs). I only ate half of it. and 3 slices of bacon.

Lunch- Liver and onions, 1 cup berries, 1 and a half cup green peppers, coconut oil

Dinner- Maybe steak, cauliflower, and brocoli (or maybe some asperagus?)

Getting excited about trying something out. I'm buying towing straps for my car this week and I'm thinking of using my car for my "lift heavy things" workout. Still haven't started them yet but I think towing my car would make a great workout.

***Update- Well it seems I missed my leptin window of oppertunity for dinner tonight... So I am going IF til morning. My body isn't asking for food so maybe it's a good thing I didn't have time for it. Better luck in the morn I guess!
    Last edited by ecks; 02-06-2012 at 07:41 PM.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Three pounds off in a week - I would totally take that! Congrats. Thanks for leading the way on this leptin reset stuff. Ay, I hate considering yet another big diet alteration that I have to stick to strictly. It will take me a while before I start concentrating on 50 grams of protein at breakfast, but doing the other stuff wouldn't hurt on it's own: Waiting five hours between meals, no snacking, four hours no eating before sleep ... and probably cutting out electric device usage an hour before sleep. Sooo many new habits. BUT, I'm sure you feel the way that I do - even with my weight stalling, I'm not tempted to give up and eat crap. I do at least know I have more energy day to day.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

@lex I'd say screw it to the 50 gram breakfast. I started there but i couldn't continue getting in 50 every day. Just get as much as you can in while listening to when your body is full.

Breakfast- 3 egg folded omlette with green onions and asperagus in the middle. 3 strips of bacon, Small steak

Lunch- Mixed green peppers, carrots, and cherry toms, steak, 1 cup blueberries

Dinner- Most of a stuffed pepper, 3 strips of bacon

Workout today: Dodgeball and I started getting a feel for towing my car around. Minimum 260 metres between pushing and pulling.

Everyone, meet tammikka... At the other end of that towing strap is me. Guess who found himself a new workout?!? Now i just need someone to steer so that I wouldn't have to stop and adjust so frequently...

Oh my God you're crazy!
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

But cool car - I've got a Mazda 3 too!
    My Primal Journey

What I'm envisioning is you pulling the car around the streets of Ottawa. I mean, it'll make everyone's day:-)

I have a Volvo. Don't think I could pull a Volvo:-)

Quote Originally Posted by lopisheep View Post
    I have a Volvo. Don't think I could pull a Volvo:-)
    Bet you anything you could Just find yourself someone to steer. The parking lot I was in was nice and open but because of the imperfect ground I would find tammikka going off on a tangent. It was a lot of fun not to mention I felt so accomplished after.

Page 9 of 175 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast