Page 65 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 65

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Twas a glorious 45.5 hour fast (got home late from work and needed time to prep food)

Feast after the fast! 1/2 rack of curry and pepper ribs, 1 chicken breakfast sausage, Spinich wilted in butter topped with a dollop of heavy whipped cream and a big ass salad.

Made it through 3 ribs, 2 chicken sausages, most of the BAS and the spinach. Yum! The body and hand feel great so it's back to life as normal

One observation through the fast- I never really felt overly hungry. I decided not to eat and that was the end of it. I was even watching cooking shows on youtube. It feels good to be in full control. I normally am but to make it that long? Love it! Only reason why I didn't go longer is because it would have been 10pm when I started dinner and I don't like that idea. (I started the fast at 10 2 days ago but I only ate late because I was tending to my -then- scorched hand)
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Quote Originally Posted by Jamilyn121 View Post
    ...I have always wanted to be able to do a real handstand. The day that I can successfully do this, I'm getting the tat! I figure I will have to have a pretty nice bod by then to have the strength and balance to do the handstand. It may take a while, but I'm doing it. Yay!
    I'm sure you've already got a beautiful bod. You're a hard working mom and I know that you are going to make it to your goal! Part of the key is to feel good about how you look as you go! Can't wait to see the tattoo!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

DashFire is offline Senior Member
    Ecks. Just wanted to say thanks. Been skimming through your journal and it's been rather encouraging seeing your progress. I just started primal last week at 340#. Can't wait till I'm six months in. Keep up the good work!
    My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Twas a glorious 45.5 hour fast (got home late from work and needed time to prep food)

Feast after the fast! 1/2 rack of curry and pepper ribs, 1 chicken breakfast sausage, Spinich wilted in butter topped with a dollop of heavy whipped cream and a big ass salad.

Made it through 3 ribs, 2 chicken sausages, most of the BAS and the spinach. Yum! The body and hand feel great so it's back to life as normal

One observation through the fast- I never really felt overly hungry. I decided not to eat and that was the end of it. I was even watching cooking shows on youtube. It feels good to be in full control. I normally am but to make it that long? Love it! Only reason why I didn't go longer is because it would have been 10pm when I started dinner and I don't like that idea. (I started the fast at 10 2 days ago but I only ate late because I was tending to my -then- scorched hand)
    Looks delish! (minus the sausage - not a sausage type of girl). Glad you were able to make it so easily. I wonder if I could do it.... Hmm. May have to try

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    That looks like a feast fit for a king! Yum!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post
    That looks like a feast fit for a king! Yum!
    Pfft! You kiddin? King's are jealous of how I eat!

So I've been doing well to keep my sleep cycles going. Especially the past week- I've been adhering to using as much natural light as possible past sun down (which is part of the reason why I haven't been posting at night as much as I was. Though I do use a program to filter blue light from my pc). Been all about the candles and I'm finding that I pass out much easier and get a much deeper sleep. At the same time I'm starting to have lots of crazy dreams! Though I never remember them...

Food for yesterday

B: Coconut milkshake, 2 chicken breakfast sausages
    L: 4 ribs, 1/4 cup walnuts, 3/4 avacado (I accidently dropped 1/4 of it )
    D: 3 Bacon grease fried ribs, big ass salad, 2 pieces of lindt 90

Supplements: 6000ui of vitamine D, 2tbsp of MCT Oil (I'm out of fish oil)

Excercise: 2 walks - 1 during the day with shoes (I was at work and decided to take a 20 min stroll). the other at night, barefoot, about 45 minutes

Journal for yesterday:

Breakfast: 1 pork rib, 2 chicken breakfast sausages, coconut milkshake

Lunch: 4 pork ribs (I swear these are almost done!), 2 cups mixed baby carrots and red peppers

Dinner: BBQ at a friends place. All paleo except for 2 spoons of potato salad, some hummus, and an ice cream sandwich. (the rest was burgers, hot dogs and chicken)

So been a bit down this weekend. Things have been lonely lately. I guess I put so much time into me the last few months that I haven't really maintained my relationships as well as I should have. So a question out to everyone who reads this blog- Since I am starting out fresh (essentially) with my relationships- where's a good place to start?

Food journal for yesterday:

Breakfast - 1 hot dog dipped in sour cream (running out the door to start the day)

Lunch (At Boston Pizza)- baked wings and a spinach salad (spanach, egg, bacon, mushrooms, tomato, poppyseed dressing)

Dinner- Small steak, 4 butter fried ribs, big ass salad

Missed my supplements

Exercise: Helping my buddy move a couch from his parents place to his apartment (parents place to car, car to apartment)

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Are you talking about already built relationships, new ones, or both? I'd say don't be afraid to talk it up with people once in a while. Cashiers, people in line if they look like they're up for a small conversation. Don't be scared of rejection either. As far as ones you already have, most people are understanding that we get busy. Let them know, apologize, and keep working on them. I go for periods where I either forget to contact my girlfriends or I get busy. Thankfully these woman are graceful enough to forgive my slip ups and let me back in. I'm pretty much the same way with them.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    So been a bit down this weekend. Things have been lonely lately. I guess I put so much time into me the last few months that I haven't really maintained my relationships as well as I should have. So a question out to everyone who reads this blog- Since I am starting out fresh (essentially) with my relationships- where's a good place to start?
    Unfortunately I can't really help on this front. I'm more of an introvert and like being alone most of the time. On my days off, I hang out with my dog at the dog park (and talk with other dog owners/dog walkers) and I hang out with my boyfriend when he's off. Otherwise, I'm generally by myself. Sometimes I'll meet up with my sister for coffee since she works nearby. We visit with my boyfriends parents. I very rarely hang out with people I work with. Maybe once every couple of months. If you are more of an extravert, I could see how this would be hard. I really hope that other people will have some good advice.