Page 61 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 61

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    @metric you more or less clean the bones. Suck them dry so to speak. Sounds gross but they were surprisingly awesome! It's pretty much just skin and bone and the skin is delicious! There's a bit of meat as well in the "palm" of the foot

Food for the day!

Breakfast- 3 chicken feet, regular coconut milkshake

Lunch- 2 eggs, 2 cups mixed baby carrots and cherry tomatoes

Snack- 5 chicken feet

Dinner- 2 eggs, 4 slices of bacon

Supplements- 2tbsp MCT, 3000mg fish oil, 6000ui VitD

Excercise: 30 mins of more learning on bike (I'm getting the hang of it though my front wheel is warped ), 50 pushups, 40 minute walk
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Hmm. Wonder if I can get some at the butcher.... Is there a lot of cartilage? That shit grosses me out

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    I did it. I put the pig skins in large baking pans (with sides), put Himalayan salt and black pepper on them and baked them at 350. After about 45 minutes I drained the fat and flipped them. Took them out about a half hour later. They were incredible. I had them with a nice side of steamed bok choy and black vinegar. I got the pigs' skins at our huge Asian store! I think you'd love them, but I can't figure out a way to teleport them to you!

So, we can add that to my list! I'm noting an odd thing. I like the smaller stuff -- oysters, squid, bacon, shrimp, pigs' skin, chicken feet, chicken wings, anchovies, quail eggs, bones -- but not the roasts and butts and shoulders. I did get Korean style ribs the other day, so we'll see how I like them.

And crossing my fingers -- vinegar is working so far. Maybe it was vinegar with grains or something! Keeping it simple!!!

@Metric. The only cartilage I can think of is at the top part of the foot where the foot meets the leg (similar in size and shape as the piece of cartilage at the end of a chicken leg)

@pam Woo on finding more food for the list! It's really building up! And the skins sound like they work. I wonder if they'd cook faster in a skillet though. or if you cut it up into small squares so the ends could crispify. We'll see...

So I'll do my food journal for the rest of the day after I get to work. I'm not happy with yesterday at all because of 1 thing that I ate but the story goes beyond just eating it. I'll report the effects it had on me and whatnot in a few hours. Time to get ready for work!!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    Heard there is a ruckus at your work. I hope you come through it okay, and that the stress is manageable. Thinking of you.

Ditto with Sabine. Not much fun, I imagine. If only they had let you keep them up with things! Thoughts going your way

Pork skins did curl, and man, were they crunchy! I bet skillet or wok would work too.
    Last edited by lopisheep; 05-31-2012 at 05:14 PM.

@sabine and pam - The numbers in the media are over embellished... I'm not allowed to talk about it too much publicly (that in itself could be a career limiting move) but just keep in mind that a company of 17000 could never lose as much as been advertised by the media. I know the number, I can't speak of it, but know that it's not as threatening as the news would have it seem. Besides- if the company was doing so bad I wouldn't have gotten the massive raise that I did today (and I mean half of my rent for the year massve, cant share that number either but you can imagine)

So here's my issue of the day and of the yesterday... persay (I almost typed beef... I wonder why the word beef got associated with "issue"). Anyways- yesterday, normal day, normal food... except for one thing. At around 1:30 or so I get an email marked "top secret"... well it wasn't so much top secret as it was that we had to keep quiet about it. The team was having a quick birthday celebration for 2 team members- and this included ice cream cake. Now I figured "a treat every once in a while never hurt"- well I was wrong. I wasn't tempted by the cake at all but I ate anyways because I wanted to be in support of the teams good relationship state (technically both guys are in my sister department but we've been on a "there's no line we are one team" bender for the past couple weeks). Anyways- about 10 minutes after I ate I started to feel a little dizzy... not a good thing. I was able to finish the day and get home in one piece. Problem is is that when I got home I almost immediately went on shutdown. Couldn't stay awake fro the life of me- my body was having a hard time metabolizing the sugar. First thing that I did when I got home was grab a piece of steak and shove it down- If I was getting an insulin rush it may as well be from protien and sugar and not just from sugar. Passed out fairly quickly after that. Woke up and figured I should make a simple dinner- something I could bake. Well, chicken breast essentially turned to chicken jerky- I had fallen asleep while it was baking. I ate it and then turned on a webnair that I needed to watch on the new protools 10 HDX systems (essentially a video on the improvements to industry standard audio software). Got through about 25 minutes and I was done for the night. Fell asleep before I could get anywhere near done the webnair and it was a stream so I'll never catch the last 40 minutes of it. So to make things worse while I slept I had some pretty messed up dreams, I can only remember one and it involved looking outside to see that the earth was flooded with water and the piranhas from "Piranhas 3D" swimming around in the water. Slept like a rock through the night but with continual crap like that going on in my head. And then the finisher- my first big movement of the day and there is blood in my stool. I can't recall the last time I had blood in my stool- bright red too. It was fresh. No sores in the rear so that means something inside isn't happy... and it cant be coincidence.

Food journal for yesterday

Breakfast- Small steak, coconut shake (the standard)

Lunch- small piece of steak, 2 cups mixed baby carrots and red peppers

Snack?- piece of icecream cake (which yet again did not trigger any pleasure... just a lot of pain)

Post work "recovery"- small piece of steak

Dinner- Chicken breast coated in spices and ground pork rinds baked to the point of jerky status and dipped in kitchup. 1 piece of lindt 90 for dessert

Supplements- 3x TBSP mct (1 extra table spoon after coming home from work to remind my body that fat is food), 3000mg salmon oil, 6000ui Vit D

Today

Breakfast and Lunch were IF except for a coffee with heavy cream.

Dinner- Meat crust pizza. Bacon bottom, egg and ground beef "crust", topped with tomato sauce mixed with guac, havarti cheese, charizo, red peppers, tomato, and mushrooms. (I only ate half of what you see in the photo). Big ass salad of course on the side with a dressing made from white vinegar, olive oil, mustard, and tahineh.

Supplements- Same as yesterday.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    And then the finisher- my first big movement of the day and there is blood in my stool. I can't recall the last time I had blood in my stool- bright red too. It was fresh. No sores in the rear so that means something inside isn't happy... and it cant be coincidence.
    I know in dogs that if the blood is dark, it's coming from deep inside, if it's bright, it's closer to the outside. Could be a minor tear. Hopefully it's all healed up tomorrow. Good luck... ouch!

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Yikes! What a nightmare yesterday evening I hope today is much better for you!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

That is a really scary real life story. I'd say nix the ice cream cake forever and ever and ever! It is amazing how one seemingly little thing can just through the entire body and it's metabolism totally off. It's like the cleaner our diet get, the more the bad stuff affects us. The blood part is not sounding good. I hope it was a one time thing and never reappears. Here's to nothing but wonderful "made or picked out by ecks' food" going into your body. I hope your body bounces right back into good primal form. Taking it easy sounds like a plan -- with serious ecks' cooking. Yep. I will ever fear ice cream cake!

Glad work is not so bad as the press let out. Any number over a thousand is way beyond me. It just seems huge. But, I am just so relieved and happy to know you are okay there -- and thus others are too.

I seasoned some Chinese long beans (cute aside -- they are called various names in Chinese and one is "long beans" -- the word "long" means "dragon" in Chinese -- so long works because they are long in English and because they are dragon beans in Chinese. They are also called chopstick stringbeans.) with pork rind yesterday. Wow! Yummy!
    Sending positive, healthy, healing thoughts towards your body and a perfectly primal day with no exceptions -- unless it's blueberries and cream:-)