Page 5 of 175 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 5

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the extra tips lex. I figured that the dairy itself may be a part of my plateau last week as I had gone through about a litre of whole milk last week as well as a small brick of goat cheese. I made sure not to stock up on either this week but I have a feeling that this week is going to be a steady week too. Need to get the energy and passion back into my cooking. Plan on doing a goat curry tomorrow to get me in the mood for some real cooking again.

Been getting lazy with cooking. I'm sure you've noticed some of my food blogging has been a lot of repeat meals. I think that may be playing a factor too. I'm starting to dig into that paleo blog that you had posted as there seems to be some great ideas for food listed there!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Breakfast: 2 Eggs, 4 slices of bacon, 1 latke

Lunch- Veggie stuffed pork (finally done it all!)

Dinner- Jerk chicken thigh, High Fat High Antioxidant no milk shake (coconut milk, 2 handfulls blueberries, 2 handfulls raspberries, 2 tbsp baking coco, cinnimon, banana, water so that it would blend)

Post dinner- 2 lindt 90% chocolate squares.

Dodgeball canceled this week so it was replaced with 100 airsquats for time. (6:50)

Mug of green tea before bed.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Green tea (caffeine) before bed? Tha's crazy!
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Eh, I've been waking up the last few weeks almost every morning with drool on my face. I get a nice deep sleep! (I reduce as much artificial light as possible in the evening. If I watch TV or use my laptop I do so by candle light. It's not a full screening of blue light but it's pretty darn close!

So I did the 100 air squats for time 2 days ago but it hurts more today than it did yesterday... I really hope it doesn't effect swimming but I'm having a hard time with bending right now. Going upstairs is ok, going downstairs is painful, getting into my car hurts, getting out is not as bad...

Food Blog! (Sorry I missed yesterday so I'm putting it in today)

Breakfast- Bacon, Omelet with green onions, green peppers, and cherry tomatoes

Lunch- Small chicken breast, Steak, salad

snack- mixed blueberries and raspberries

Dinner- Didn't finish my lunch so I added onto it. Rest of my lunch steak + an extra portion, added to my lunch salad to make a big salad again at dinner

So went out for a drink last night with a friend. Didn't want alcohol so I ordered a tonic water (thinking it was the same thing as like perier or something...) Anyways the bartender pours it and I drank it thinking it wasn't anything. Well the tender came by the table to see if we wanted another drink. I said yes, he comes back with a can so I can just reuse the glass I already have... Now I had noticed that the tonic water had a bit of sweetness but i thought that was just from the lemon flavouring... I look at the can- It' just as bad as a coke... I've been soo good this week. Needless to say I didn't drink the second.

Mistakes happen... gotta get back on the bike though and just keep goin... kind of pissed about that though.

Today!

Breakfast- Bacon

Lunch (Packed but not eaten yet)- Slow cooker curried goat, 1 cup green peppers, 1/2 cup baby carrots

Snack (Packed but not eaten yet)- mixed blueberries and raspberries, 1/2

Dinner (hopefully)- Cauliflower rice, asparagus, Salad, curried goat.

***Update

So after swimming I didn't want to eat too much too late so in had a slice of summer sausage and half a green pepper. 2 squares of lindt 90% after and Green Tea before bed.

Swimming!- 484m 26 minutes treading. Considering how much I've been having a hard time gettin around the past couple days i'd say that's not too bad.
    Last edited by ecks; 01-27-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Ola Senors!

So I still can't shake the soreness in my quads... it's getting better but it's still rough getting up. I'm hoping this goes away soon. The plan is that if it's better by dodge ball next tuesday then I'll do the 100 air squats for time again after dodge ball. Sick I know right?

Breakfast: IF

Lunch: Goat, green pepper, Celery

Dinner (Planned)- Spaghetti Squash with a ground pork pasta sauce. OR attempt at actually make the dinner that I was going to eat last night.... The squash is already prepped though it just needs the sauce... oh I'll figure this out when I get home.

***Update

Snack after work (approx 430pm)- coconut milk shake (coconut milk, water, cinnamon, 2 egg yolks, blueberries, raspberries, banana, coco) and summer sausage

And like the last few nights i skipped a formal dinner. I just get so busy in the evenings that I just almost don't have time to eat... so i don't eat.
    Last edited by ecks; 01-28-2012 at 05:14 AM.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Don't feel bad about the plateau week - I'm having one of my own. It sucks, but we need to just keep on problem-solving here. I think what I'm going to do is implement a couple things from the Leptin Reset thing: not eating four hours before bed and no snacking. But I need to get back to the early morning workout - the rest of the day is just too complicated and full of excuses.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    Don't feel bad about the plateau week - I'm having one of my own. It sucks, but we need to just keep on problem-solving here. I think what I'm going to do is implement a couple things from the Leptin Reset thing: not eating four hours before bed and no snacking. But I need to get back to the early morning workout - the rest of the day is just too complicated and full of excuses.
    Yeah, it just bugged me a lil last week. I'm past it. I know where I wasn't treating myself well (More dairy then i should have, improper sleep, much more stress at work than a regular shift). I've worked on it this week. Didn't buy any dairy with gorceries, slept a litle deeper (though not too much longer), and worked on avoiding stressful situations at work... only the scale well tell tomorrow if I've made a big difference or not.

Food blog! (For Jan 28th)

Breakfast- Meat stick from/at the market

Lunch- Celery with almond butter (dipped those badboys right into the jar!), and summer sausage

Early Dinner- FINALLY had a proper goat dinner instead of at lunch like I've tried to do maybe 3 times this week. Goat served over cauliflower rice (for real this time!) with asparagus and cherry tomatoes. I also attempted and failed at making almond flour dinner roll, i had half of one and gave up... (not pictured)

Dessert- Blueberries

Prebed- Mint Green Tea

I'm getting frustrated and slightly upset... 1LB... Weight came off so easily when I started in november and it seems that since including more activity my success has started to plummet. Now I don't over do it, 2 workouts a week (swimming and dodgeball... though dodgeball was canceled this week and replaced with 100 airsquats for time... still recovering from that) and I get 2-3 hours of moving slowly (read:walking) a week (usually around markets, malls etc... it's bloody cold outside still) and I'm barely making progress. It is a pound off which means I'm still moving in the right direction but I mean this is just annoying... Discouraging even (though I refuse to quit)... I eat well, sleep well, and feel noticeably accomplished after a workout and yet at the end of the week I'm stuck with a 1LB drop...

Ideas as to what can be changed?

Page 5 of 175 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast