Page 43 of 174 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 43

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So my solution for staying late at work yesterday- ration my lunch to be lunch and dinner. And that seemed to have worked ok. I packed slightly more for today but I'm hoping that I won't have to stay late for event cleanup.

And here's yesterday

Breakfast- Small piece of pork, regular coconut shake, regular supplements

Lunch/dinner- 2 small pieces of pork, 1 chicken drum, 2 cups of mixed veggies

When I got home from work- 1 piece of nestle noir 85

Exercise- Massive 4 hour event set-up at work (consisted of lots of heavy lifting and lots of moving slowly)

Sleep was so much better last night. Finished eating early (part way through the event set up) and finished work around 9:15- in bed for 11

Today is lookin like another long day. I have event clean up today which will have me in late again. All should be good though.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

So with event setup 2 days ago there was even tear down yesterday. Probably one of my fave workouts believe it or not. Combines work with heavy lifting and slow moving and I just feel soo damn efficient killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

Yesterday

Breakfast- 1 chicken thigh, coconut milkshake

Lunch- 2 eggs, 2 cups mixed green peppers and cucumbers

Snack- 1 chicken thigh

Dinner- 1 chicken thigh, Big ass salad, cauliflower rice, some beef jerky, 1 piece of lindt 90

So today I have an interesting task- I've got a job interview for a job that is *technically* already promised to someone else. What's the point you may ask? Well the interview itself is probably just redtape procedure but I know this department is hiring again once and maybe twice this year and I want my face time! So I'm wearing the new pants I bought last saturday for the first time (Size 42" with space to tuck in a shirt! Woo!) and a brand new black tie. And I'mma rock it the best way I can knowing that this one's a casual sit down. Don't know if anyone in the interview room knows that I know the job has already been given away but hell I'll do what I can. I know all 3 people (manager of that department, my ODBP, and an old co-worker that I never really got along with) so it'll be interesting to see the approach they take.

To prep I've decided to fast today. I've had nothing except a coffee. Interview is in 3 hours and I've gotta say I'm feelin pretty lax right now.

Tonight I'm going out with my cousin and a friend. It's all you can eat wings night at "Kelsey's". Not sure if I'll go that route but I may... Will have to wait and see what I want after a day of fasting.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Hope it went well. Sounds like fasting and coffee would send you in there quite amped up!
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Hey, ecks --

I was just thinking. Your butcher sounds pretty cool. Is he primal? :-)

@Pam no idea of he's primal. Probably not? He just likes the best of the best and that's something I relate to.

@lex Job interview went extremely well. going in with the attitude of "this one's not mine" means I went in with nothing to lose an an opportunity to get noticed. Exchanged answers with my buddy who had an interview the hour before and I think I did significantly better than him. It's no competition but if it was I think I win . Regardless he's not "up" for the job this round either... though technically we both are. Lots of dirty water going on in there that is just not worth playing in.

First question on the exam after "tell us about you outside of rim" was "If you were a breakfast cereal which would you be and why?". Of course my first inclination was crap I don't eat breakfast cereal. What would grok eat?? I got it! "I would be ground up walnuts with coconut milk"... I got funny looks and then a big smile form the manager who responded "I like that better than the usual coco puffs answer". Score!

Yesterday

Breakfast/Lunch - IF though I did have 1 black coffee

Dinner 2 lbs of wings

Small snack- bit of beef jerkey

Dinner was out with my cousin. we literally sat at the restaurant for 4 and a half hours and caught up. All in all a great night!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I have a conversation starter I use: if you were a cookie, what kind of cookie would you be? Many people try to go for what kind of cookie they like to eat, but I want to hear about their personalities. Now I am deconstructing what walnuts and coconut milk says about you. I like it, too.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, that is ideal for an interview/making an impression - no pressure to be anything but yourself!

@Sabine, my favorite way to quickly analyze people's personalities is what their favorite movie is. I can psychoanalyze people pretty quick that way if I've seen the movie they're talking about.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Jamilyn121 is offline Senior Member
    Dude!! Ecks! I have so enjoyed having the lovely comments from you on my 'wall'. I am back, despite the crazy personal details that I am dealing with. I am pulling for you with any job interview that you think deserves you. You have been a great source of information and inspiration! I plan on being that for you as well. Hope all is going well and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Jamie

@Jamilyn You are too sweet!! Missed having you around the boards and im glad youre back!

I had an awesome day yesterday, work was slow but that was ok- felt like forever before we got out. After work I ended up going out with friends for sushi, delicious! Once I got home from sushi it seemed it would be a video game night, started playing on my own on my PS3 but then a few friends came online and wanted to play Diablo 2. I know this doesn't mean much to anyone here but Diablo 2 used to be the game that I would come home to find all of my room mates playing all together. 2 of the guys online were the guys I used to play with. Miss the old times and it was nice setting up a virtual LAN and skype and going to town on that!

Breakfast- coconut milkshake, 1 pack of beef jerky, small piece of summer sausage

Lunch- 1 egg, 1 chicken thigh

Dinner- Maki, Sashimi, Hand rools, BBQ spicy lamb (yay for sushi outings!)

Snacking intermitantly while playing til 3AM on pork rinds and summer sausage.

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Sushi must have been on quite a few people's minds last night? Sounds like you had fun!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8