Page 41 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 41

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    How's your finger today? I've tried my hardest to make sure not to eat close to bedtime. It keeps the hunger at bay in the mornings. Most of the time, I'm successful. Other times, not so much.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Finger is getting better. I can still feel some pressure points but it's roaming free today to type and go about my work n whatnot.

Tonight was an interesting night. I teched the farewell party for David Yach who many of you may have seen in the news recently retired from the CTO position at RIM. It was a cool experience to be there and to just see the people who love him surrounding him in wishing him in all the best. Well... when it comes parties what comes to mind? Food! Damn near hardest party of my life! People coming by with trays covered in delicious bite sized delicious awesomeness! all the drinks I wanted too covered on the hosts tab... And I didn't touch a single thing! It wasn't difficult either.

Breakfast- IF (guess that came natural after my late night shake last night). Reguar supplements though

Lunch- 2 ribs, 1 porkchop, 1 tomato eaten like an apple

Dinner- 1/2 rack ribs, 4 wings, 4 celery stocks, 2 pieces of nestle noir 85%

So I finished dinner bright and ear.y at around 4:30pm giving me tons of time between then and sleep time. here I am at almost 11:30 and I'm going to bed hungry. Hopefully this test of better sleep on an empty stomach pans out.

Night all!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Quote Originally Posted by Carolie29 View Post
    Looking to make some changes that'll work this year!
    Well feel free to join us!! Always happy to meet someone new who wants to make new strides to improve their quality of living
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, well, I try to give myself a break on peer pressure sometimes as long as it's not a constant thing. I've been lax on the evening eating cutoff, though. I think changing my diet around has made me less structured but it's time to tighten it up and make 8 pm the definite cutoff.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

I really am noticing a difference when sleeping on an empty stomach. The cutoff has been really good. Though I admit yesterday was early but by the time I got off work it would have been super late and I was not going to eat at the CTO party.

Slept like a rock last night. Definitely more functionable during the day too. I think i want to make a point of early cutoff as the norm (though not going to beat myself up if twice a week I have a late night something or other)

I want to call this experiment a success. Finished eating dinner at around 6-630ish last night (I know that's not too early) then proceeded to leave for friday night bible study. When I got home around 10:30 it felt like the night was still young... I wanted to do more. My brain kept telling me to find someone to grab a bite with. That's pretty much when I noticed that i was getting hungry. In line with wanting to experiment with this I decided to stay up an extra hour just to make sure that I was, indeed, hungry then proceeded to go to bed at 11:45ish.

Well I just woke up- happy as I could be and feeling extremely well rested! Again I'm usually a well rested guy but damn I feel even better than I normally do! It's saturday morning and I've been up since 715 on my own accord! I'm calling this one a WIN!

Yesterday

B: Big slice of ham with mustard, 2000mg of salmon oil, 6000ui of D3

Lunch- Half rack ribs, 2 cups mixed celery cherry tomatos and baby carrots

Dinner- Half rack of ribs, 6 wings, 2 pieces of nesle noir, 1 piece lindt 90
    Last edited by ecks; 04-21-2012 at 07:04 AM.

PamBam is offline Senior Member
    Ecks - I'm just stopping by, perusing journals this morning. I just wanted to say Good Job being mindful last night! Sometimes it is so hard when we think our bodies are telling us something, but that something goes against our ultimate goals. You honored your goals and did it. Hope you have a great Saturday!
    5'10" HW 264 (9/15/2011) PSW 238 (4/9/2012) CW 231 GW 165

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    ecks...yay on the good results on your experiment!! I usually don't eat anything after supper...which we are usually done by 6:30. I'm just not hungry in the evening. I usually go to bed about 11:30 to midnight (spending time here on the boards!!) but I can sleep late in the morning & get up around 8. I may eat a couple of nuts now that I think about it....but generally nothing & especially not anything after 8. It works for me!!

go you on sticking to your goals!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

My Saturday was an odd one. Well not odd but just lethargic... I did get some clothing shopping in. I still hate clothing shopping because it still feels like nothing fits properly. I did however buy a pair of pants that were a size 42 (which is down from a 46 when I started). They are a hair snug but they look good on me. Other than that it was kind of a crappy experience. Hoping for better next time.

Saturday Food

B/L: 2 eggs, 5 slices of bacon, Turnip home fries, handful of pork rinds, 1 piece of lindt 90, regular supplements

D: 1 pack of beef jerkey (butcher made not vac pac), a big ass salad, 3 strawberries, 1 piece of lindt 90, 1 piece of nesle noir 85

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I feel for you with the clothes shopping. And the discouraging part is, my thin friends don't seem to enjoy it, either. Seems like just finding the right stuff for your shape is hard.