Page 4 of 175 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 4

ecks is offline Senior Member
    In so much pain!!! Yay dodgeball! Team's getting better but it's still hard playing strangers. The other team last night (1 man 3 balls) apparently is entering their 10th season as a team (seems crazy...) came in 2nd overall last year. Regardless, fun ensued! It was an awesome night... just sore this morning. Pretty sure I pulled a groin muscle...

Breakfast- Omelet (2 eggs, mushrooms, green peppers, cherry tomatoes), 2 slices bacon, turnip hash.

Lunch- Chicken thigh, Salad

Snacks (for throughout the day as usual)- 1/3rd cup of pecans, 1/2 cup raspberries

After work meal (planned)- 1 small chicken thigh

Ended up having guests over in the eve so all I had time for was scarfing down some beef jerky. Also made a shake- 1/2 can of coconut milk, some water, some whole milk, blackberries, banana, ice, cinnimon, coco powder

4 sections of black and greens organic before bed
    Last edited by ecks; 01-19-2012 at 10:27 PM.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Sorry it's taken so long to do today's log. (and finish up yesterdays). Work was nothing short of stressful as ever today and I just didnt have time to update.

Killer swim tonight... in spite of the mound of snow that got dumped on the city today I made it out to the swimplex. 26 laps x 22m = 572 laps. + 20 minutes treading water. Part way through the 13th lap I over extended my left elbow to the point where it hurt too much to swim... so i flipped over on my back and continued... Seemed like the right thing to do

Breakfast- Thinly sliced steak slices. 2 Eggs

Lunch- Chicken sausage, 1/2 cup of mixed green peppers and baby carrots

Snack- 1/3rd cup raw almonds, 1/2 cup blackberries

Post work: More steak slices, more chicken sausage

Pre swim snack- Some baby carrots

Post swim- Slice of Meatloaf Pizza (photo to follow soon)
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

GoPrimalPast50 is offline Junior Member
    Have you given FitDay.com a try yet (it's free)?

You plug in what you're eating and it shows you a close approximation of how many calories you're eating, and the grams of fat, protein and carbs. It's pretty cool and I was surprised to find out I'm eating less than 2,000 calories a day most days - without even really thinking about it.

I'm staying away from measuring anything... I eat when I'm hungry and I stop when I'm full. Part of going primal is taking the science out of eating. I should clarify though that the 333 was starting on Nov 22nd. (It's when I started my journey). I'll update my sig now to reduce confusion.

GoPrimalPast50 is offline Junior Member
    Still awesome. It took me 18 months to lose 120lbs. For me losing it slow was the only way to go - and keep it off.

I hear ya about taking the science out of eating. I didn't use FitDay until this year. I have a very good friend, who is obese, ask me how many calories I eat a day. I honestly didn't know, as I never kept track.

Like you, I eat Primal until I'm no longer hungry - then stop. Over time, the amounts have gotten less and less. Someone told me about FitDay and I used it a few times just to see how much I am eating. Like I said, I was surprised that it was less than 2000 calories, but also pleased to see that my carb intake is always under 100 grams. I probably use it once a week now on the odd occasion.
    Last edited by GoPrimalPast50; 01-20-2012 at 11:10 AM.

I'll have to check it out then. Just as a once a week thing as well. I'm pretty sure I'm eating just around 200. I've found that I usually don't finish lunch and often find that dinner is just whatever I didn't eat for lunch. Counting takes me back to my OCD weight watchers days... what a waste of time that was.

I'm good for sugars. Except for milk, I love my milk (bout a litre a week of whole organic milk. 3.8%ish). Other than that my sugar comes from veggies and berries.

Your Before and after shots look outstanding. And I bet you feel amazing!

Heartbreaker... This week was a plateau week... Same number different sunday. 299. I knew it was a stressful week at work (and I don't stress out often) so I was putting in the extra 10 percent on the exercise front. Besides eating some dairy this week I didn't eat anything else non primal- Even getting to the point where if there were no primal options around I just didn't eat. (saturdays are always the worse for that).

Oh well! Guess I'll have to work harder this week. At least it didn't climb back into the 300's so I can be thankful for that. Now! off to go make breakfast.

***Update

Food post time!... So I didn't make breakfast after this post. Ended up going to the earlier church service.

Late Breakfast/Lunch- I cheated... And I'll be honest about it so that I can stay accountable. I got restaurant wings and a salad... it wasn't even a good salad it was made with iceberg lettuce.

Snack- the leftovers from the late breakfast/lunch

Dinner- Veggie stuffed pork loin with a side of green peppers and baby carrots

Dessert- 2 squares of lindt 90%
    Last edited by ecks; 01-22-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Breakfast- 2 eggs 3 bacon

Lunch and dinnner- veggie stuffed porkloin.

Tired as sin today. started work at 6:30 am and finished at 4:30. I've gotta get my head back to sleep early if I'm going to be successful.

Oh and work was much better today. Less stressful. I work for BlackBerry so I'm assuming most heard about the fortunate change today!

Dodgeball is canceled tomorrow so I must create a WOD to fill it in. I'm thinking death by airsquat

outlaw48 is offline Member
    Ecks,

Congratulations on your primal progress, you're doing awesome!

I came across your journal by chance read the whole thing when I saw where you're from. I grew up in the K-W area and I got nostalgic for home. I do miss it.

You food is fantastic, too, and I'm always on the search for kitchen inspiration so keep it up.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The stress thing is unavoidable! I mean, it can be mitigated, but not completely avoided. Give yourself credit for not going off track. It's taken me a while to actually be proud of something that simple. In the past, I used stress to break all the rules but now if I just stay fairly behaved, I'm proud of myself. Besides, exercising can make you put on a little weight because of a)water-retaining inflammation or b)putting on muscle weight. And - I always feel like I need to plug this idea - if you really start struggling with cravings or losing more weight, stop eating dairy. That was one of my early primal/paleo realizations. I tried eating primal with dairy, but it just spikes your insulin so much that it's much harder to improve insulin sensitivity with it. Eating right ironically got A LOT easier for me when I took out dairy.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Page 4 of 175 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast