Page 35 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 35

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey, ecks --

Post us a picture of your dream home. It would be fun to see!

Sorry you don't have the down payment. Maybe it will go waaaaay down in price with a really low down payment!

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Good to see you're investing time in these relationships
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    I'll be posting more soon about my last few days. sorry I haven't been around
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Just so you're not robbing banks to get that down payment:-)

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Alright! Catchin up on 3 days worth of stuff... So sorry I havn't been around. So first! My 2 days off... Interesting ones indeed.

Warning now there is a lot of eating out in these 2 days... Don't kill me Tried to make the best choices possible.

First day with my 2 buddies (one local, one visiting from ottawa)

Met up for breakfast in the morning at "Cora's" (restaurant that only does breakfasts)- 2 eggs over hard, 3 sices of bacon, 2 breakfast sausages, 1 slice ham, piece of melon, piece of pineapple (sweeter than I remember it) 2 mugs black coffee

Then with the guys it was off to go golf. This would have been my first time except for that it started raining... So changed the plans from Golf to indoor mini putt. Still a ton of fun! We played regular "furthest from the hole shoots" but we would have fun screwing eachother over. If there was a ball next to the hole we would try to bank our ball off of that one to get it in. All in all it was one heck of a game!

Then off to lunch at "Milestones"- Kobe Beef meatloaf with julienned fried onions (very dry fry not your typical fried onions) and baby carrots. It has the most delicious sauce on it! It also came with mashed potatos. I tried a bite of the potatoes just for the sake of trying them. Meal was delicious!

Went back to my place with the guys- watched some A-Team and played some video games then it was off to dinner at "Moose Winooski's" (Most Canadian sit down restaurant EVER!). I got the "Thunder Bay" platter (named for thunderbay ontario) which was a half rack of ribs, 3 wings, and a piece of schnitzel (yes it was breaded). As well as a side salad.

Then with full stomachs we drove straight from the restaurant to dodgeball. The guys joined the rest of my team for the game. Ton of fun but we did lose. Either way I had a killer night!

After dodge ball we got cleaned up then went back out for a few hours at the local pool hall. Haven't picked up a cue in forever ut definitely still got it! Love me a good night of billiards!

And that is all of day 1 off!

Catching up on day 2 (and yes I warned that there is a lot of eating out on these 2 days off)

Met with the guys at "Angel's" for breakfast- 3 eggs over hard, 3 slices of bacon, 3 breakfast sausages, side order of polish sausage (mmm.... mmmmmeat!). 2 Mugs black coffee

After breakfast we went to 3 different stores lookin for a frisbee... It's still cold season (in the past 3 weeks it got warm, then hot, then freezing cold.... I mean like snow again cold and now it's just getting warm again). Finally got our hands on one and went outside to play for probably just around an hour and a half. My army buddy was the one throwing to me. He made sure I ran for every one of them. Interval sprints are fun! Pain in the ass but fun!

After frisbee we headed for "Sushi Boat"- and yes I ate sushi rice and all. It was an "all you can eat" but we only made it through one round of ordering. We did however finish with a piece of tempura banana and a small scoop of ice cream. MMMmmm... It's been months since I've even looked at sushi- definitely not the best sushi I had... It was sub par. But goin for sushi is also just the experience of it!

Headed back to my place again for more video games and we watched "A few good Men" and a few episodes of "Archer". Then back out again for dinner (Did I mention these were an expensive 2 days??)

Dinner was at "Montana's"- 8oz medium rare top serloin steak, 8 shrimps, sweet potato fries, salad with balsamic, and fried onions (same style as milestones the day before... First time I had seen these onions and now I see them again though it makes sense because montana's and milestone's are under the same head company).

All in all it was a killer 2 days! Though slightly with a bitter sweet ending... I hate havin to say bye to my buddy. We're planning a trip for the end of august with another one of our friends (who lives in winnipeg) so that'll be fun.

At the end of it all I think God has definitely blessed me with a good week. As much as I know it's only short term time with friends I think I can appreciate that I brought up a concern with God and he reciprocated. "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." -Matthew 7:7. It's funny how the instructions are given to me and it's sometimes hard to remember to follow them. I am thankful for this week for sure though.

Food log for today

Breakfast- Chicken thigh, Coconut milkshake (forgot to take my supplements in the morning)

Lunch- Steak, 2 cups mixed cherry toms and baby carrots

Dinner- 2 hard boiled eggs, steak, 4 slices of bacon, 1/2 a cucumber, 1 piece of lindt 99, 2 pieces camino 55. And my regular supplements that I missed from the morning

So for Good Friday I'm doing a straight up fast. In the past I've done a vegan fast out of tradition but that's so much harder to do if I'm just down to fruits and veggies. So I'm gonna take the day to just not eat though I will still drink water and maybe allow myself some black tea or black coffee. I will also try keep myself disconnected from the internet and my blackberry as much as possible (though I'll keep my ringer on phone only because I will need to call my parents and I'm sure they'll call me to come over). I may also try a personal fast Saturday just for the challenge of it we'll see. Either way I'll be on the boards again Saturday.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    glad you're back ecks & you had a great time with your buddies!! Sounds like all in all you did pretty darn good with your eating!

Now have a great Easter weekend!! I'm sure we're all gonna be in & out! I know I will.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Glad that after we discussed social lives on here you had two great days with friends + some awesome-sounding food. I'll bet the Good Friday fast won't be that hard!
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Friends, fun, and feasting! Sounds primal to me. Glad you had such a good time. Now for a restful one to cap off!

Your week makes me happy. It was so what you needed and wanted. Funny thing. Reading it all started making me really hungry and by the end I actually felt full.

Think I should see "A Few Good Men" again. Have a great weekend. Water is good with fasting, especially after not going into it easy:-):-):-)

Love to you and Happy Easter!

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    I hope you've had a blessed Good Friday!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8